IGNORED

Almost done

Eck

Applied final coat of Silver and three coats of clear.. removed masking and then reassembled it.

Now Im waiting for it to dry before I remount it on the bike.

The screwdriver is holding lid from trunk so the seam area can dry properly...

HPIM2452.jpg

HPIM2453.jpg

HPIM2455.jpg

HPIM2456.jpg

HPIM2457.jpg

did you use a spray can or gun?

Just a spray can of silver paint then a spray can of clear from WalMart.

I'm sure the trunk will get a few nicks and bumps here and there from debris off the rear tire anyway, so I'm not to interested in a professional paint job on it.

Thanks Buddy. Not surehow much painting to be done yet. A good decal of some type a little bigger than a softball would keep me from painting the Faring. Missing one driving light and a antena and mount but its not bad. I took the worse of this one. I hit hard!!Two bike accidents and two cage accidents in the last 10 yrs makes you think a little.

Well, here is the finished product.. I gave it another clear coat today and touched up a couple spray can spits & sputters.

I just now got it re-installed on my wing where it is drying.

HPIM2458.jpg

HPIM2459.jpg

HPIM2460.jpg

HPIM2461.jpg

HPIM2462.jpg

Well, here is the finished product.. I gave it another clear coat today and touched up a couple spray can spits & sputters.

I just now got it re-installed on my wing where it is drying.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool:

THAT is GORGEOUS ECK!!:clap2:

May sound crazy but I have often wondered why manufactures dont do exactly what you have done my friend.. At least take a good hard look in RnD and how placing the trunk of these touring bikes down at that level to lower the center of gravity.. I REALLY like that Eck!! NICE JOB!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy. Not surehow much painting to be done yet. A good decal of some type a little bigger than a softball would keep me from painting the Faring. Missing one driving light and a antena and mount but its not bad. I took the worse of this one. I hit hard!!Two bike accidents and two cage accidents in the last 10 yrs makes you think a little.

YEP !! Time for that extra wheel me thinks

Eck, is that the same color as the 05 RSV has? Sure looks close. If so...can you let out where you got paint and what color number?

I have some painting I want to try on my 05....and she is silver.

David,

The spray can of paint I used was "Rustoleum - Satin Nickel ". It has both primer and paint in same can.. Here is a picture of the can and you can get it at Wally World, Lowes, Home depot or most anywhere for about $6 bucks a can. Then I used Rustoleum crystal clear enamel.

Satin Nickle.jpg

So what trunk is that off of ? Looks great. I am thinking of taking the trunk off of my 87 and building a hitch bolted frame to mount a second trunk on it for a trip. Easier to haul than a trailer. How is yours connected/bolted on to your bike ? :confused24:

Answers Eck answers !! Venturing minds want to know...

(1) So what trunk is that off of ? I have no idea.. It is a scooter trunk. A guy gave it to me.

(2) Looks great. Many Thanks!!

(3)How is yours connected/bolted on to your bike ? :confused24:.......I used a piece of aluminum diamond plate and mounted it to my own self made trailer hitch. Then I mounted two (measured and cut to length) drawer slides to the diamond plate. Then I mounted the trunk to the slides. I then made a locking mechanism to hold the trunk in the fwd position when riding, or I can unlock the mechanism and slide the trunk aft to get into it.

Hope this helps. If you are interested in how to, send me an email and I will forward you my phone number and walk you thru it if you want.