IGNORED

Pictures of my Slingshot!

JerryK

You wouldnt be the ONLY Red Neck if I owned one Jer!!! Mine would have mud built up between those gorgeous spokes and probably even already have a few "red neck" stickers on it already :rotf::rotf:

THAT is SOOOOOOO fantastically wayyyyyy cool!! THANK YOU for the pics!! :cool10::cool10::cool10::banana:

Just looking at it from a "how could I make it even more useable" standpoint,, I wonder if anyone is designing a quick top convertible cover for it yet? I can just hear all the like minded gear headed varmints like myself all going "oh man - its gotta a Chevy motor - TURBO TIME and all that and not even thinking about extending the driveability.. I wonder if any one of those guys are sensible enough to design a quick cover so if it rains hard and you are touring cross country....

Sorry Jer, got side tracked,, WOW THAT IS PURDY!!!:guitarist 2:

You wouldnt be the ONLY Red Neck if I owned one Jer!!! Mine would have mud built up between those gorgeous spokes and probably even already have a few "red neck" stickers on it already :rotf::rotf:

THAT is SOOOOOOO fantastically wayyyyyy cool!! THANK YOU for the pics!! :cool10::cool10::cool10::banana:

Just looking at it from a "how could I make it even more useable" standpoint,, I wonder if anyone is designing a quick top convertible cover for it yet? I can just hear all the like minded gear headed varmints like myself all going "oh man - its gotta a Chevy motor - TURBO TIME and all that and not even thinking about extending the driveability.. I wonder if any one of those guys are sensible enough to design a quick cover so if it rains hard and you are touring cross country....

Sorry Jer, got side tracked,, WOW THAT IS PURDY!!!:guitarist 2:

And look at all of that flat area to strap on sleeping bags tents and other gear.......

At 1700 lbs. and 178 HP it really doesn't need a turbo for me. With the traction control off it smokes the tire in 3rd gear with no problem. With traction control on it still starts to spin in each of the first three gears. I've owned 5 Vettes and turned 16 in 1963 so I'm a muscle car guy. If you double the weight and double the HP that gives you the same weight and a little more HP than the very fast 66 Nova 327/350 hp that out ran big block Chevelles in those days...It's a blast to drive and when I picked it up with 2 miles on it I drove it home on I-75 110 miles and thought when I punched it in 3rd gear it felt a little flat. It took me a few days to figure out it was the traction control holding it back because it was trying to spin the tire! I told my wife it's going to be a TT machine. [Tires and Tickets] LOL

Looks just like mine Jerry. For a while anyhow. LOL I've got a couple mods planned. They sure attract attention wherever you go, riding or parked. I read today on the Slingshot forums Polaris has sold 4k+ so far since late September.

Larry

Looks just like mine Jerry. For a while anyhow. LOL I've got a couple mods planned. They sure attract attention wherever you go, riding or parked. I read today on the Slingshot forums Polaris has sold 4k+ so far since late September.

Larry

And what does the Jury say about the ride, handeling vs the ole trike?

And what does the Jury say about the ride, handeling vs the ole trike?

ok here's my take between the two. With a motorcycle trike you're riding on the bike, steering by pushing & pulling the handle bar. Sitting higher & with the passenger inline with you. On a solid axle trike you're getting bounced around more than when on an independent suspension triked bike. Compared with the two mc trikes I had, 05 RSV/Tri-Wing verses the 09 RSV/Hannigan. On the Slingshot you're driving it much like a car with its comfort of power assisted steering, full body support with buckets seats sitting side x side, & a much better suspension. The Slingshots really compare more to a two seated roadster (Miata, BMW Boxer, etc). Three wheels is basically the reason for being called a motorcycle. You're still exposed to the elements in the slingshot just like on a bike so you still have a bike feeling ride. I know there's going to be times I'll miss having / riding the RSV's but for the wife & I comfort won out, especially on trips.

Larry

Edited by Carbon_One

I doesn't take the place of my Venture at all.....It makes a nice little hot rod and is a real kick in he butt to me. I have 124000 on the Venture and I'm taking it on a 2000 mile trip first week of May. I have a Miata and a HHR panel truck that I love.......All different types of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great looking Slingshot.

I have been thinking about getting one but am gonna wait a little and see how they develope in the coming year (s).

Has anybody heard if Polaris has any thoughts about offering the Slingshot with an automatic transmission ?