IGNORED

Sturgis is Going to be Rockin'

RedRider

Not me, I am making this one if at ALL possible!! I dont do the concerts and show stuff anyway,, I LOVE the bikes - sleep on the prairie a mile or so from the Chip - should be one of the biggest turnouts EVER!! I remember times thru the years when I-90 was backed up for 2 miles waiting to get into town - parked the bike and watched the action right on the highway!! Been a LONGGGGGG time since the big HD rally has had this much potential (stupid economy) bikes bikes and more bikes!!!

If you are thinking of touring the Black Hills this summer, the 1st 2 weeks of August will be a NIGHTMARE unless you like waiting in lines and listening to Harleys rumble:big-grin-emoticon:!!

Not me, I am making this one if at ALL possible!! I dont do the concerts and show stuff anyway,, I LOVE the bikes - sleep on the prairie a mile or so from the Chip - should be one of the biggest turnouts EVER!! I remember times thru the years when I-90 was backed up for 2 miles waiting to get into town - parked the bike and watched the action right on the highway!! Been a LONGGGGGG time since the big HD rally has had this much potential (stupid economy) bikes bikes and more bikes!!!

If you are thinking of touring the Black Hills this summer, the 1st 2 weeks of August will be a NIGHTMARE unless you like waiting in lines and listening to Harleys rumble:big-grin-emoticon:!!

PUC, if you go, you need to sneak up to Newell and stop by the Blue Line Diner for a piece of homemade pie! Plenty of locals in there and friendly. Then continue north to Spur Creek Saloon. its a bar located on a cattle ranch. I've been there last 2 years and its never been crowded when I was there. I believe they have one day where they do a bike rodeo etc though. Google Spur Creek Saloon and there are pics etc. of it. People working there own the ranch. Nice people and you will like the decorations (antique saws etc.) On the walls and the bar stools made from logs. I'd say

All in all it would be about a half hour ride north from Sturgis.

PUC, if you go, you need to sneak up to Newell and stop by the Blue Line Diner for a piece of homemade pie! Plenty of locals in there and friendly. Then continue north to Spur Creek Saloon. its a bar located on a cattle ranch. I've been there last 2 years and its never been crowded when I was there. I believe they have one day where they do a bike rodeo etc though. Google Spur Creek Saloon and there are pics etc. of it. People working there own the ranch. Nice people and you will like the decorations (antique saws etc.) On the walls and the bar stools made from logs. I'd say

All in all it would be about a half hour ride north from Sturgis.

PIE,, DID YOU SAY HOMEMADE PIE:178:

Googled it BJ = http://www.spurcreeksaloon.com :guitarist 2: YEP,, definitely looks like my kinda joint to escape the madness when the need arises!! Have NEVER been there and REALLY appreciate the lead Bernie!!! We DEFINITELY will check that out.. You know what, the road leading up to Newel (79) that cuts off near Fort Mead is about two minutes from the spot where I always open prairie camp.. Might be that Blue Line Diner will get more than "pie" money from us:backinmyday:!!

Edited by cowpuc

I was planning on going, but lost my job. Have a new job, but no vacation time to go.:bang head:

Boo on losing job. Yea on finding new job......there will be other years for Sturgis although its frustrating. I feel your pain.

PIE,, DID YOU SAY HOMEMADE PIE:178:

Googled it BJ = http://www.spurcreeksaloon.com :guitarist 2: YEP,, definitely looks like my kinda joint to escape the madness when the need arises!! Have NEVER been there and REALLY appreciate the lead Bernie!!! We DEFINITELY will check that out.. You know what, the road leading up to Newel (79) that cuts off near Fort Mead is about two minutes from the spot where I always open prairie camp.. Might be that Blue Line Diner will get more than "pie" money from us:backinmyday:!!

The Blue Line is a couple blocks east of junction of 79 and 212 (intersection of only 2 major roads in town). I usually eat there at least 3 or 4 times while I am out there for the rally. When I get tired of vendor food etc. I head up to the Blue Line. Plus its easy for me, I stay at Iron Horse Campground which is just north on 79. Love their breakfasts, I'm a sucker for a western omelet........Funny story, couple years ago I was there and ordered lunch and the waitress (high school girl) forgot to bring my milk with meal. She came back to check on me when I was almost finished. I told her she forgot my milk, and she felt bad. I told her she had a chance to redeem herself. I told her to look up on the board where they had 6 or seven choices of pie, pick one that I'd like and bring it over. Her eyes got big and she asked if I wanted ice cream with it. I shrugged my shoulders, smiled and said dunno, its up to you. A few minutes later she came around the corner with a huge piece of blue berry pie heated up with ice cream already melting along side it. She had the biggest grin on her face. She said "how about this!". It was great, plus it made her feel good instead of bad that she forgot my milk. She got a great tip too!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...