IGNORED

ODYSSEY GROUP BUY Spring'08

Condor

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Condor, sorry about the delay. Life and bills got in the way. Have you on the list for my extra funds, should be able to send by middle of next week. Hope this doesn't delay the works.

Dan

S'OK Dan.....

My dad is a skeptical. How do you get this pricing, and how do you know they aren't sending us ones with some kind of defect? Thanks :detective:

Tell your dad that we get them directly from the distributor. By buying in quantity they extend us dealer pricing. They are not seconds, but the most currently dated batteries on the market. Not something that's been sitting on a dealers shelf for 6 months or more. I might also add that if he's that skeptical, perhaps it might be better if he just went ahead and purchased a battery from his regular local source.

The last day to get your money in for the Odyssey's will be April 25th. For those of you sending payments via snail mail my address is:

Jack Chalais

PO BOX 8

CARMICHAEL CA 95609-0008

Paypal payment information and prices are in the first post of this thread.

I'd like to get everything put together in order to place the order first thing monday morning.... Thanks Folks :thumbsup2:

For all those interested in picking up an Odyssey Battery for your scoot, the last day I'll be taking payments will be the 29th of this month. So, if you are interested, you need to get to me. This years group buy has been a bit slow, so once it's closed, it'll be another year before we think about starting another one..... For those that have been waiting patiently, many thanks. Time is getting short.....

Hi Jack,

This is just an idea, was just wondering if you could put me on the list and order a battery for my scoot, probably won't need it for awhile, but thought maybe the next time we get together, just pick up the battery from you and give you cash :mo money:. Saw how slow this thing was getting off the ground, so decided to jump in to get you close to that 10 orders you were looking for. If this doesn't work for you, then I'll just go ahead and do the PayPal thing, thanks much.

Rich

How about another update of batteries ordered, Jack???

Presently I have 7 on the list and paid for. Rich-99 would be #8.

However, I need to be up front with those folks already on the list and have paid via paypal, and at least fill them in on what's been going on in the last couple of days.

#1 I had reason to call Odyssey on a warantee issue. My battery (PC680MJ) developed a dead cell. The manufacture date was in Aug'05. So I called them and was told that if used it in a power sport application it was out of warantee, and they would not cover it. I tried to explain that the warantee starts from the time of purchase from a dealer at the time of sale, and it could have set on a dealers shelf for a year or more making it fall under the 2 year warantee limit. They were pretty firm about not dealing with it. Did I want a replacement? Sure. So, I'm sending it back to them with an invoice dated Aug '06, and see what happens. It's not doing me any good.

#2 If this is what we can expect from them when it comes to customer good will, I'm not sure I want to deal with them any longer. They love our group buys, but after market service shows some lacking.

#3 I have also been telling every one that Odysseys are the best thing since sliced bread, and I belived it, but that thinking has been shaken.

#4 After telling me that they would be getting a shipment of 680's and 545's the first of May, they are now saying it will now be sometime in June.

So.... I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting ticked off. Rest assured that anyone that has paid, your payment is safe, and will be refunded if I can't resolve some of these issues, or I can refund them right away if everybody wants...... I also want to appologize for misleading folks.

Questions?

Thanks for telling it like it is up front Jack; so sorry, in that case, I'll just replace the battery I have when I think it's about that time. So please don't worry about ordering a battery for me and I'll take my chances. It's too bad that we have to put up with somebody saying one thing and doing another that confuses the issue. Thanks again, and see you at the next M&E for discussing the day trip to Lake Tahoe. Hope the knee is in shape to make the trip by then, take care and have a nice day.:mustache:

Rich

Well I've got an Odyssey battery on long term loan from a friend and it has been absolutely marvellous - no more starting problems at all, so if I can have a PC680 as part of this deal then yes, please.

Do you have anyidea what shipping to the UK would be ?

Could I mix the order and add in a PC310 ?

Assuming it's all okay I can pay by PayPal straight away.

PS

Sorry for leaving this so late - I mainly post in Tech Talk and hadn't noticed this.

Condor,

What's the difference between the PC545 and the PC545MJ functionally? I guess I mean what's the reason to have the Metal Jacket one?

I got the PC680MJ because I heard the Metal Jacket also acts like a heat shield. On 100+ degree days, my bike can get real hot, right up through the seat.

Have not had a starting issue since this battery. I did complete the job with a pair of Squid's cables too.

But, do motorcycles fall under "power sports application"? I would think that would be quads, dirt bikes, off road gear. Motorcycles fall under domestic transportation, just like a car.

JMHO,

Dan

PS What ever you decide, Condor, I'm with you, you've been dealing with them.

well we can not wait til June........so we either have to have a guarantee on a sooner date or we will need to back out and get one elsewhere....please let us know asap Jack so I can order another one right away!

thanks for all your work on getting this together and keeping us up to date.

Also can you or someone tell me if this is the same battery........appears to be a decent price......only 10 bucks more than what you are getting them and free shipping, in case we need to get one somewhere else....as we are already chompin at the bit to get ours.....

http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com/battery-mfg-details.asp?battery=156

actually i can get it for 115.39 with their spring coupon code special.........

well we can not wait til June........so we either have to have a guarantee on a date or we will need to back out and get one elsewhere....please let us know asap Jack !

thanks for all your work on getting this together and keeping us up to date.

Also can you or someone tell me if this is the same battery........appears to be a decent price......only 10 bucks more than what you are getting them and free shipping, in case we need to get one somewhere else....as we are already chopin at the bit to get ours.....

http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.com/battery-mfg-details.asp?battery=156

Yep it's the same one Cindy. $104 vs $117 to the door. Just make sure they have them in stock. I'm wondering if there's something going on with manufacturing?? Ebay usually has quite a few listed, but at least on the PC680, there hasn't been a thing lately. I totally understand about the time element. I'll go ahead and refund your paypal payment. Very sorry...

I sent off my bad PC680MJ this morning, and we see what happens. I'll tell 'm I used it as a back up for my computor, and was always kept on a battery maintainer... :)

actually i can get it for 115.39 with their spring coupon code special.........

My battery is about two starts away from being a goner also, but don't count on getting a battery from the link you posted. I contacted them today and there are none in stock.