IGNORED

ODYSSEY GROUP BUY Spring'08

Condor

My battery is about two starts away from being a goner also, but don't count on getting a battery from the link you posted. I contacted them today and there are none in stock.

That's why I suspect that manufacturing might be running into problems. Or they have a very large military contract to fill??? At first it was May, and now everyone's quoting June... I found this website while googling AGM Battery, and they have several AGM batteries listed in different price ranges. The PC680 Odyssey's shipping weight is 17.5 pounds. There are a couple of AGM's in the Odyssey price range that weigh right at 17#. I'm wondering if they might be similar in design. Anyway for those of you that REALLY need to replace your batt it might be an alternative.

PowerSportBattery

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a place that had 23 batteries. I hate to bail, but I am about at the point of being concerned about getting out on the bike if I am going to stop somewhere.

The place I checked was: http://www.batterystore.com/ definately not as good a deal as you were going to get us.

Hey Cliff, I totally understand, and don't blame you a bit. I'll get your refund on it's way.

I just purchased on e for $115.00 in Pompton Plains in New Jersey (walked in and bought it - Electro-Battery - he is on the web). He has some in stock (PC545). I was reading in the manual, it clearly states for Powersports applications that the battery is warranteed for 2 years only (longer for other applications). Its a bit lower than a Yusua - but fits nicely. The specs seem impressive.

Stuart

I just purchased on e for $115.00 in Pompton Plains in New Jersey (walked in and bought it - Electro-Battery - he is on the web). He has some in stock (PC545). I was reading in the manual, it clearly states for Powersports applications that the battery is warranteed for 2 years only (longer for other applications). Its a bit lower than a Yusua - but fits nicely. The specs seem impressive.

Stuart

I'd really be interested in the manufacturing date on the battery??? Also was it a standard or metal jacket??

if there is anyone dead set on a pc545...and needs it before June ..i found a place that does have 4 left as of a few minutes ago......( they had 5 :whistling:)

$121.87 shipped.....

I have been high and low all over the net trying to find one and at a decent price......so far this has been the only place I have found any in stock.

http://www.batterybank.net/odyssey/OdysseyPC545.html

Ok - just went out a looked at the box (was sealed new from Odyssey). It is a PC545MJ - which is interesting cause I asked for the plain one (guess he gave me what he had for the same prices). Now there are no dates on the box - so I will have to pull my seat to get the mfg date, but he stated that the battery would be good until 10/09 - so I would assume that means a mfg date of 10/07 (since according to the manual - they have a 2 year shelf life). But I will confirm later today when I pull the seat (I am assuming its on the battery).

Stuart

Ok - just went out a looked at the box (was sealed new from Odyssey). It is a PC545MJ - which is interesting cause I asked for the plain one (guess he gave me what he had for the same prices). Now there are no dates on the box - so I will have to pull my seat to get the mfg date, but he stated that the battery would be good until 10/09 - so I would assume that means a mfg date of 10/07 (since according to the manual - they have a 2 year shelf life). But I will confirm later today when I pull the seat (I am assuming its on the battery). Stuart

Thanks for looking Stu. The date tag is on the top of the battery and it has the serial number and right under that a 4 digit number. 1007 would be the month and year. Now my question is if the dealer quoted you 10/09 then he's going off the manufaturing date for warantee purposes....not when the battery was put into service. Traditionally battery warantees are from the sold date, or when they are put into service, and on your's, 2 years should have been 'til April 2010. Heck, a battery could go out of warantee sitting on the shelf if they consider the manufacturing date as the start of warantee. I wonder if that's why the distributor was stonewalling me on the date??? Not a good situation....

Actually - the comment the dealer made was in regard to charging the battery - not the warrantee. I had simply asked - did the battery need to be charged, and he stated no, that the battery would hold its charget till Halloween 09. I believe the battery is fully under warrantee from sale date, not from shelf date. I will get the information on the mfg date.

Stu

I just got mine in today from Florida. Manufactured Apr 08. So I guess I lucked out getting one that hasn't been sitting around for anytime at all. Also just before I have to leave on a business trip, so now I get to go by bike and not by pickup.

I'm hoping we can get ours by the time my dad and I take our safety course.

Getting a battery anytime soon thru the group buy isn't very like Slawek. MOF since I've already refunded two of the paypals I don't think we'll be able to make the minimum 10 required, and am seriously considering canceling the buy. If you'd like a refund, I can do that, and wouldn't be disappointed. Just let me know.

Because of all the hastles with the Odyssey I've made an administrative descision to cancel the group buy. All who have sent in their paypal will be getting their refunds shortly.

Group Buy CANCELED.............

Thats a bummer....

Can you please lead me to where I can get one?

When it comes to finding an Odyssey, your guess is as good as mine.There was a posts in this thread where someone found a place that had a number of them in stock. And I posted a website that carried a sellection of AGM's that would work in the Venture.

http://www.ebatteriestogo.com/landing_pages/powersport/YTX24HL-BS.htm

Supply is one of the reasons I decided to close the group buy down.

When it comes to finding an Odyssey, your guess is as good as mine.There was a posts in this thread where someone found a place that had a number of them in stock. And I posted a website that carried a sellection of AGM's that would work in the Venture.

http://www.ebatteriestogo.com/landing_pages/powersport/YTX24HL-BS.htm

Supply is one of the reasons I decided to close the group buy down.

Thanks for the effort Condor. I got your refund. I just ordered my battery at

http://www.portablepower.com/items/batteries/SLA/1/Enersys/Odyssey%20PC680/0769-2016/SL105/37L105S5