IGNORED

Shinko 777 front tire

I put shinkos on mine this time. Had a premature failure on the rear, but no fault of tire. I ran over something that put about a 3/4" plus gash in the tire. But if I remember right the weight rating was not as high on the 777 as the 230 and thats why I went the 230 tourmaster route. Everything I read on the HD forums sounded like it was worth a try.

Comparing to my 230's I looked at pricing. Now I remember why I went the 230 route. @ $40 each less I think thats why then. The prices on your link are not terrible less than a Michelin Commander 2, so I would probably go that route. I get you wanted the WW. but for me that would mean pulling the bags all the time to clean the rear tire. Besides if my cage gets tires and they are WW I turn them inside.

Without a lift cleaning my WW's is not a problem. everyone has their own way to clean (or not to clean) their bike. Blast it in the car wash, or like me, clean it in my driveway. Cleaning is cleaning. WW's is just one more thing.

• 2 months later...

I have been researching tire some today. Looks like my rear Shinko 230 will make about 6500 miles before needing replacement. Im @ about 5300 now and shes gettin thin. Looks like the 777 I have been looking at are "reinforced" now. They have an 80 rating vs 74. Cheapest I have found so far is $102 from J&P. Mmichlen C2 run about 150 or so I think.

Have any of you ever used the Kenda line of tires?? My buddy and I have been usung them for years.. They wear well and we have never had any issues with them.. I have used them on my 83 Venture , and my Goldwing.. My buddy used them on his 900 Vulcan and on his 1300 V-Star .. The K657 Challenger, K673kruz, and the K671 cruiser tires have all been great tires for us.. And the price is good!!