IGNORED

Wife and I visited Key West

JDaniel

So how long did you have to wait in line to get that pic? When we were down @ Labor Day the line was like 30 min or something to "file thru" to get you moment for a pic. We stayed over on the Navy Base at Truman Anex. Sure seems further south than this point. But who knows for sure. Still its great day for a ride.

We made the trip down Labor Day weekend. We took the cage. From my place in the middle of the state its like 4hr just to where you get on US 1 heading down @ Homestead. Then from there down is like another 5hr or so I think. Not a bad drive, in some places pretty congested in small towns with 2 lane lots of business on the side of road and tons of traffic. Coming back was a whole nother story. We averaged about 30mph getting off the islands. Stop and go and pretty much bumper to bumper. I would like to take the bike down there, but I dont think the wife wants to ride 9-10 hours in exhaust fumes.

Those 'event' weekends are terrible as far as traffic goes. When we go down we stay at Trumbo Point Annex and get up and hit the road pretty early-off the island by 0730 just avoid the traffic, or at least get a good jump on it. I'll have to try Truman Annex one of these days...it seems like a lot shorter crawl at the end of the evening.

We left on a Thursday morning and traffic was very light. Took about 8 hours from Cape Coral with all the stops we made. Came back on Saturday morning. Traffic was not a problem. Most people were headed into Key West as we were leaving. It is a beautiful ride.

well, we didn't make it to Marathon til well after dark, we sat down for dinner at Gilbert's at about 6 pm. Leo, Steve, Joe, Karen and two of joes friends and I. we got to Marathon about 9:15 pm. Karen & I left this morning at 9:15, I dropped Karen off in Pembroke Pines, then continued home to Vero Beach.

Note the wing rode great at 70-75, filled up in Islamorada Mid Keys, and rode 234.8 miles on the tank, Had 1/4 tank left when I stopped for more gas. also made it home in 5.5 hours, instead of my normal 6 hours

Bottomfeeder, Trumbo is where you check in if I remember. Is it off to the right like right after you get on the key? Truman was kind of nice, but is still quite a walk to the square or whatever and down to duvall. Shoot its probably a 30 min walk atleast to the square. And thats before cocktails.