IGNORED

Diesel motor oil vs gas motot oil ?

Mad Dog

There are 2 Rotella motor oils that are used by the members of this forum. Rotella T6 is a synthetic 5W-40 and Rotella Diesel Oil is dino 15W-40. Both can be used in your RSV. Search “Rotella” in the forums and you will find a great deal of info. I have used the synthetic (Blue Bottle) for over 100,000 miles in my RSV’s with great results.

I went to grab some Rotella T 10-30 yesterday and all they had on the shelf was labeled for diesel engines.

Shell Rotella (Blue Bottle) is 5w-40 Synthetic

Shell Rotella (White Bottle) is 15w-40

Shell Rotella (Grey Bottle) is 10w-30 Syntheic Blend...if I remember correctly this does have friction modifiers in it and is not recommended for wet clutch use.

There is another one ... T5 which is 15w40 which is also synthetic

It does not say JASO MA on the bottle but from what I've read, it does meet that.

Several Vic owners that I know are using it. I tried it in my Vic but went back to the T6

Ho all,

I went to grab some Rotella T 10-30 yesterday and all they had on the shelf was labeled for diesel engines.

Is there a huge difference... and is that ok to use?

TIA

Rotella T6 is 5W-40 oil that is Diesel(CompressionIgnition-Diesel) "C" ((Commercial)) --- and Gas (SparkIgnition) "S" rated. It carries the SM rating for "Gasoline" engines and also the JASO -MA- rating. It is good stuff for your bike.

RotellaT6_Rating.jpg

Prices are up because Walmart wages are up.

Pete, in Tacoma WA USA

and our govn't so generously increased the min wage here to $10.45 ... a 20 cent increase since 3 yrs ago. Whoooopieeee!!! Now those earning that wage will REALLY be able to afford things ... oh, wait, those things will now go up and nobody wins.

and our govn't so generously increased the min wage here to $10.45 ... a 20 cent increase since 3 yrs ago. Whoooopieeee!!! Now those earning that wage will REALLY be able to afford things ... oh, wait, those things will now go up and nobody wins.

With that wage increase it would only take them five hours to pay for the increased cost of a gallon of oil.

Mike