IGNORED

Freebird's Maintenance Day

Freebird

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick, Rodney and I talked on the phone yesterday and he is going to ride over to my place on Thursday, stay the night here. We plan to be leaving together bright and early Friday morning. I mean EARLY, like 0700 or earlier, because we are planning to go 'cross country' (no Interstate or Turnpike) and still want to get to Don's in time Friday afternoon to set up our tents and make it to the Quaker Steak before all the Canucks take all the tables.

You call 7:00 early? I should be well past Chicago he!! and Gary Indiana by then.

I am planning to leave between 3-4 AM. to be real sure there is room for my tent at Dons, and even more important, I get a good spot at the QSL feed trough.

Rick, Rodney and I talked on the phone yesterday and he is going to ride over to my place on Thursday, stay the night here. We plan to be leaving together bright and early Friday morning. I mean EARLY, like 0700 or earlier, because we are planning to go 'cross country' (no Interstate or Turnpike) and still want to get to Don's in time Friday afternoon to set up our tents and make it to the Quaker Steak before all the Canucks take all the tables.

Kevin, How about I meet you guys and ride over with you. Doesn't matter to me what time I can meet you guys were ever. I Run the 2 lanes also when I go over there. Let me know what you two think.

Rick

Kevin, How about I meet you guys and ride over with you. Doesn't matter to me what time I can meet you guys were ever. I Run the 2 lanes also when I go over there. Let me know what you two think.

Rick

Sure thing, Rick. Be at my house at 0700 Friday morning. Unless you want to come up Thursday evening for supper and you and rbig1 can share a bed.

Sure thing, Rick. Be at my house at 0700 Friday morning. Unless you want to come up Thursday evening for supper and you and rbig1 can share a bed.

Do You know what road you are taking east yet? Might be easier since I live in Bloomington now to head up I-55 and meet you when you cross there. Let me know when you decide and I'll pick a place and be waiting for you there

Do You know what road you are taking east yet? Might be easier since I live in Bloomington now to head up I-55 and meet you when you cross there. Let me know when you decide and I'll pick a place and be waiting for you there

That sounds like a plan. Meet you at "That Fifties Place" in Dwight (IL-17 and I-55) about 0815? @rbig1 will prolly have to eat and pee by then.

Do you think we will get to Don's on time with this route?:

https://goo.gl/maps/Fw4Xb

Edited by Prairiehammer

That sounds like a plan. Meet you at "That Fifties Place" in Dwight (IL-17 and I-55) about 0815? @rbig1 will prolly have to eat and pee by then.

Do you think we will get to Don's on time with this route?:

https://goo.gl/maps/Fw4Xb

That will be close. You may have to go direct to QS&L, and set up camp on a full tummy.

But I bet we can find lots of supervisors, and maybe even some help.

So, Is the military vehicle collector guy gonna bring Olivia up to show off on MD or is there a plan to ride there (Vermillion) and get a tour?

GOOD QUESTION @Motiv - THANK YOU for asking.. All the medical stuff going on I had completely forgotten about Olivia and her new owner.. Last I heard he had her stripped down for restore to match his other military stuff BUT, that has been a while!! Because of you, I just emailed Ben (new owner) and inquired.. I let him know details about QSL (date time). Hoping its ok - I also let him know he would be welcome at @Freebirds MD - I think Don's might be a farther of a ride BUT thought best to let him know he was welcome!!

I will update if/when I hear something!

Again Motiv - THANKS!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

rbig1

hope we can all ride together. Rick, Kevin, Rod that's me. any one else want to join up see if we can get more people than the northerners have. LOL

Which way are you planning on traveling to Don's? I am planning on leaving early on Fri, and I don't like traveling the tollways, you made mention of backroad travel. I'll be coming from Milwaukee, is there a reasonable place that I can meet up with you w/o traveling too much out of my way?

Which way are you planning on traveling to Don's? I am planning on leaving early on Fri, and I don't like traveling the tollways, you made mention of backroad travel. I'll be coming from Milwaukee, is there a reasonable place that I can meet up with you w/o traveling too much out of my way?

You are welcome to ride along, but I'm not sure our proposed route is on your way. We plan on leaving my place @0600 Friday morning.

Here's the route so far: https://goo.gl/maps/kKylM

Well, if I fling around the lake, drop a little south, catch 30 around the IL/IN border and follow it, I might run into you guys when you zig up to 30 just past Hanna. I could always send a text and see where you are. If not, looks like a nice run instead of the tollway, and I'll probably run it anyways. I wanted to leave zero dark thirty to slip thru Chi town before it gets too bad.

-Andrew

Andrew

When I leave Cudahy at 0300 taking I 294 thru Chicago, I just make the Indiana state line at 0600. I always do a gas n snack stop at the Lincoln Oasis just before I294 hits I94. I do not trust that I can stretch my gas to the first stop in Indiana.

Thanks for that info Jeff, altho I usually run 41 to 94 thru downtown, but in a cage when I've done that.

So Kevin, if I leave at 3am, I should be in IN by 6, maybe by 7 or so I'd be where you'd zig up to 30. I could hang til you get there. Of course, I will never say anything is definite since things always can change.

-Andrew

Thanks for that info Jeff, altho I usually run 41 to 94 thru downtown, but in a cage when I've done that.

So Kevin, if I leave at 3am, I should be in IN by 6, maybe by 7 or so I'd be where you'd zig up to 30. I could hang til you get there. Of course, I will never say anything is definite since things always can change.

-Andrew

I live down on 30 a few miles east of 23. we take 6 over into oh. and then 20 from there, its a nice ride over there. 30 drops to far south.

-Andrew

I live down on 30 a few miles east of 23. we take 6 over into oh. and then 20 from there, its a nice ride over there. 30 drops to far south.

If someone would happen to have one of those small, electric engraving tools that they wouldnt mind bringing along and letting me use at MD on Saturday I would really appreciate it. I loaned mine out some where along the line and it appears it never found its way home - I PROMISE to return yours to you after a few minutes of use at MD :big-grin-emoticon:

Thanks - Puc