IGNORED

put a hold on bike

rbig1

Went down to festis mo and picked up my bike. Test rode it before buying. It was 40 out got back from ride it was 30. by the time got done with paper work and loading it up on trailer. The weather went bad freezing rain. Went down the highway and had to stop at next exit to retie the bike. We got back on interstate went about a mile cars in ditch ass of truck slipping. we were going about 30 mph then hit saint lewis rush hour traffic we moved around 15 mph for the next 40 miles. roads were super slick. Never got above 50 mph all the way out of mo. Quite a few cars and big trucks in ditch. Got about 50 miles into iowa before roads straightened out. We pulled into Muscatine at 11 pm. I was so tired from ride the bike is still on the trailer have to unload it this morning. Hope I can get it loose with all the ice on it. Think i'll name it ice.

Well I put a down payment on a different bike. Hope I can pick it up before end of next week. Been looking for quite a while.[ATTACH=CONFIG]96829[/ATTACH] well here it is

Your CB Antenna was put on wrong. Probably when they unrated it when it was new. Needs to be moved before you use the cb, if it hasn't ruined the cb already

picked it up yesterday worst day I could have picked. lol should still be covered when it thaws will probably turn white from salt will have to give it a oil bath after cleaning then wipe down to kill salt. yep she is ice

picked it up yesterday worst day I could have picked. lol should still be covered when it thaws will probably turn white from salt will have to give it a oil bath after cleaning then wipe down to kill salt. yep she is ice

That is a COOL silver! I think Ice is a great name! Luckily everything is really well painted so you shouldn't have any real problem with it.

Enjoy that beautiful bike! You better get used to turning heads

Dont take any chances with road salt guys,, if it were me I would hit a quarter car wash and not stop until I KNEW there was no chance of any salt being left on it.. That stuff is nasty!! Maybe even take some WD40, wash it, spray it down with WD (except for brakes of course) and wash it again.. I know I sound anal but living here in Michigan I have seen my fill of bike damage from salty roads!!

By the Rbig, CONGRATS - THAT IS ONE GORGEOUS MACHINE!! :thumbsup: