IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Ok, I will try using photoshop or some other program to save the picture, did you change the size any at all? (thanks for your help).

Edit: OK I tried just renaming the file that I saved from the camera phone. Still got a link. Then I took that picture, opened it in Photoshop, saved it without any changes as the same name in the same folder and it then posted it as a thumbnail. So your suggestion worked. I will now do that in the future. THANKS!

Well, my drama about how to post a picture may have delayed getting the next target! :)

So here it is again: A Picture of you and your bike AND.......one of those seriously hacked up trees around power or other lines. The ones where they cut most of the tree out, or make it U shaped around the lines.

Been a little while on this one, if nobody get it in a few more days, I will entertain ideas for a new target.

Well, my drama about how to post a picture may have delayed getting the next target! :)

So here it is again: A Picture of you and your bike AND.......one of those seriously hacked up trees around power or other lines. The ones where they cut most of the tree out, or make it U shaped around the lines.

Been a little while on this one, if nobody get it in a few more days, I will entertain ideas for a new target.

Ok I think I got the trees, little hard finding ones with a place to stop, the first tree was shaved on one side the second was cut on top and the power line goes over.

• 3 weeks later...

This should get people out into the country side.

How about a picture of you, your bike, and a pasture or meadow with at least 10 cows or cattle in the field. Not a stock yard.

Happy hunting. Extra points if they are Longhorns or Brahma’s.

Joy is walking thru a pasture and realizing that its not mud squeezeing through your toes.:big-grin-emoticon:

Van, New target should be good for almost anywhere in the states. About that "mud" :)

On my first big Western trip last year our group of 4 bikes and 4 trikes were riding in Utah and saw signs about "open pasture". We knew what it was but kind of let it slip to the back of our minds. Then we got on one two lane road where there was a lot of mud on it, and it was a little squishy. Living where tractors track mud on the roads all the time, and not seeing "piles" we just went on. Not able to dodge all of it. Then we saw it....a cattle drive. Friendly cowboys and cowgirls on horses watching about 30 head just walk down the road in the direction we were riding. Then we knew what we had been riding through! :crying: The cattle made a single hole for us to ride through, and one with a calf at her side decided she was going to get up close and personal with me! :yikes: I managed to avoid her, and we continued, but that night we found a car wash and removed the "mud".:headache:

I figured the "fresh country air" would have tipped you off.

I grew up in Arthur, IL where we had an active Amish colony, plus the wife has horses now, so I guess I am kind of immune to that "country air" by now! Not sure about the other riders, but if they were like me, they were so in awe of the scenery, and non-industrial quality of the air in general, that we just weren't paying attention to the aroma!:rotf:

I found a non-rainy day, and uncovered the bike to kill two birds with one trip.

I don't get any extra points for having an exciting breed, but there are more than ten, they are grazing in a field, and I did not have to tip-toe through the cow-pats to get the picture. You can just see the top of my head in the mirror. There was a field of Llamas, but I wasn't sure if they qualified as cattle, and stopping was tough because of traffic.

The other "bird" was for the Coast Riders' Scavenger hunt, where the target set was: You, your bike, and Santa. Posted below, just for fun.

And the next target is:

You, your bike, and a tug-boat on the water.

(The tug must be on the water. You do not have to float your bike!) May be a tough one for prairie dwellers, but the chances of there being no snow are higher on the coast!

I think I counted exactly 10! Good job. :happy65:

OK for the next target......does a Barge tug/tow count? I live a few miles from the IL river, so any river with barge traffic would be OK for those away from the coasts.

Well, that's weird. When I counted them in the field, there were 13. Three seem to have disappeared somewhere in the camera.

Your tug can be towing anything ... or nothing. A self-propelled barge does NOT count.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, bad weather has hit the central US, the plains, the NE, the north and the NW, and sometimes the SE. OK, you in the South and SW must take the ball (camera) and bat (your bike) and go get a picture of a tug boat/tow!

My Wing has been grounded and I finally relented and plugged in the Battery Tender, but my coat, chaps, gloves etc are draped over the bike and ready for the next clear road day that isn't wet/super cold. Barge traffic on the Illinois is still moving, river levels aren't very low.

Let's keep this going!

• 2 weeks later...

warmer weather promises to melt the ice from in front of my garage so I can get the bike out. Main roads are clear if salt covered, so I may wait for rain Thursday before subjecting the bike to that much salt. Should not be a problem to find a barge on the river as long as stuff is still moving south of St. Louis.

Hope everyone had a good holiday season and is off to a good New Year!