IGNORED

The Great VR Scavenger Hunt

DocO

Yep, Worlds largest catsup bottle for one. I have been by it several times. Lincoln statue in Charleston, and somewhere I have been a few times, worlds largest truck stop, I-80 in Iowa. Was just there last Monday.

Largest covered wagon was in Lincoln, IL , but they moved it and I am not sure where it is in that town.

OK, here is a shot of me, my bike and the worlds largest covered Wagon in Lincoln, IL. Lincoln was named after, who else, Abe Lincoln, and they have a likeness on the wagon seat. There is a shot of the plaque about the display. For those wanting to see it, take the Route 121 exit (exit 126) Eastbound into lincoln off I-55 between Bloomington and Springfield. At the stop light at Lincoln Parkway (55Business) turn right or South. At the next light there is a Best Western on the right, turn right at the light and take the entrance at the bowling alley into the Best Western parking lot, you can't miss the wagon about as soon as you turn South on Lincoln Parkway.

OK, here is a shot of me, my bike and the worlds largest covered Wagon in Lincoln, IL. Lincoln was named after, who else, Abe Lincoln, and they have a likeness on the wagon seat. There is a shot of the plaque about the display. For those wanting to see it, take the Route 121 exit (exit 126) Eastbound into lincoln off I-55 between Bloomington and Springfield. At the stop light at Lincoln Parkway (55Business) turn right or South. At the next light there is a Best Western on the right, turn right at the light and take the entrance at the bowling alley into the Best Western parking lot, you can't miss the wagon about as soon as you turn South on Lincoln Parkway.

Alight! :thumbsup2: I might be down that way in a few weeks. Whats the next mark?

It may not be the most creative, and I don't know if its ever been done before here, but I LIKE the target Luke set, of the "Worlds ________________" (largest, best, etc) And I think there can be some interesting pictures and sites to come from it, and some of you may have already put some work into finding something, so if nobody objects, let's keep this target going for at least one more time.

The worlds ____________ . Be inventive, look around and lets have fun with this, and thanks to Luke for the idea.

It may not be the most creative, and I don't know if its ever been done before here, but I LIKE the target Luke set, of the "Worlds ________________" (largest, best, etc) And I think there can be some interesting pictures and sites to come from it, and some of you may have already put some work into finding something, so if nobody objects, let's keep this target going for at least one more time.

The worlds ____________ . Be inventive, look around and lets have fun with this, and thanks to Luke for the idea.

Sounds good to me!

Thought it was interesting that a River in SC was the longest blackwater river in the World. Here is a pic of me over the Edisto river and also close by was the site of the world's first railroad junction.

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Scavenger%20Hunts/IMG_5107_zpsf3b3b7a6.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Scavenger%20Hunts/IMG_5117_zpsd8ba4c97.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Scavenger%20Hunts/IMG_5111_zpsd7dcbc5b.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Scavenger%20Hunts/IMG_5114_zps7747a8ca.jpg

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx248/etcswjoe/Bike%20Rides/Scavenger%20Hunts/IMG_5118_zpse42c631f.jpg

Joe, technically, the target is "Worlds ______________". The Edisto river is the longest in North America according to Wiki. The amazon is considered black water (I had to look it up) and I am guessing that would be the worlds longest.

But you did a great job to find two interesting unique things. So I will leave it up to the others, if approved, you can set a new target.

Well I may be between bikes at the moment but I keep up with the targets and in one of his pictures there is him, his bike, a caboose and railroad tracks. Another picture shows a historical maker stating that in 1833 that it was the longest railroad in the world. Technically you didn't say when a target had to be the _________ in the world. :stickpoke:

Well I may be between bikes at the moment but I keep up with the targets and in one of his pictures there is him, his bike, a caboose and railroad tracks. Another picture shows a historical maker stating that in 1833 that it was the longest railroad in the world. Technically you didn't say when a target had to be the _________ in the world. :stickpoke:

I hit the railroad for the world's first railroad junction. I goggled "world's longest" and got a hit for the Edisto and went with it. After I had posted my daughter asked me isn't the Amazon a black water river? Well duh guess everything you read on the Internet is not true, go figure. :bang head:

Will keep looking, not a total loss I put 200 miles on the bike looking.

Edited by etcswjoe

Joe, I think Karl is right. Doesn't say WHEN it was the Worlds _____________.

Like I said, JOE put some good effort and time into it, so I vote to let Joe go ahead and set the next target and give him a great big ATABOY!

:happy65::cool10::thumbsup2:

Joe, I think Karl is right. Doesn't say WHEN it was the Worlds _____________.

Like I said, JOE put some good effort and time into it, so I vote to let Joe go ahead and set the next target and give him a great big ATABOY!

:happy65::cool10::thumbsup2:

I really liked the World's_______ targets so I think I will stick with a similar theme and go with you, your bike and a historic first. Can be a site or marker if the first no longer exist.

Don't rub it in Joe, after all some day weather in IL may be better than where you............

On second thought, scrub that, never gonna happen. You need a few guests for the next week or so? I could trailer down the bike? :headache: