IGNORED

Ahhhh,, the summer of 14,,, ADVENTURE SERVED UP GORMET STYLE!!!!

cowpuc

The interior of the old Historic Lodge was breathtaking in its own right. Huge log structural beams and pillars had been used years ago to construct the glamorous old building and stood in representation of the skills of the woodsman and carpenters who had spent many many hours giving this place life. Wood carving and sculpturing was everywhere with the scents that accompany such a magnificent building. Skiers could be seen out of the huge glass windows located on the Mt. Hood Crown side of the place with massive log stair wells beckoning tourist to explore the historic buildings higher and lower levels. The place was amazing to say the least.

DSCN4895.JPG

DSCN4891.JPG

DSCN4889.JPG

DSCN4888.JPG

DSCN4905.JPG

DSCN4904.JPG

DSCN4901.JPG

DSCN4900.JPG

DSCN4899.JPG

DSCN4893.JPG

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE SAID our farewells to Mt. Hood and pulled out of her parking lot headed toward another adventure that VentureRider.org people seem to enjoy almost as much as riding, FOOD! After filling up the fuel tanks on our motorcycles at one of the only fuel stations found in this area (THANK YOU CONDOR AND LONE EAGLE FOR KNOWING WHERE THIS WAS), Lone Eagle led us to a food joint called "Mount Hood Brewing". We parked in the parking lot below the front entrance, Tweeks found a spot next to Condors pretty blue RSV. Condor mentioned that one of forward pegs was loose and it wasn't long before I noticed some tools had found there way between my fingers. After tightening up the bolts holding the foot peg onto Condors bike, we meandered into the eating joint. As we sat there waiting for our food to be rustled up, a waitress announced that she had some gravy covered french fries that someone in another party had ordered and now didn't want. She wondered if anyone in the establishment wanted them as she was going to throw them out. I didn't realize it but my right arm happened to be raised above my head at just about the same time the waitress had mentioned this and, within a heart beat, the gravy covered fries were sitting in front of me. I reluctantly offered a taste of my newly acquired gravy covered french fries to the historic varmints sitting at the far end of the table, I think a few of them did try them. When the fries finally came back to the end of the table where Condor and I had sat down, he and I noticed that most of the wonderful Gravy/French Fry mix had survived the tour to the other end of the table. Both having the same thought on our minds, we smiled at each other when we noticed that, much to our fortune, the waitress had forgotten to place a fork on the plate which may have been the reason that more of the luscious mixture had not been eaten. Our dinners arrived at just about the time Condor and I finished licking our fingers in an effort to remove the gravy residue from them.

DSCN4913.JPG

DSCN4914.JPG

DSCN4912.JPG

DSCN4910.JPG

DSCN4907.JPG

DSCN4911.JPG

DSCN4915.JPG

Edited by cowpuc

As I mentioned earlier, @VentureFar would be needing to leave on an Iron Butt ride back to his southern California home shortly after this quick introduction period Thankfully we got a chance to meet and thank VentureFar for his beautiful work on all of our behalfs. I took some memory pictures of our new friend on his Black Royal Star Venture and also a short farewell video. If you look closely at the pictures, you will probably notice a (different color) Back Off Whip hanging from VentureFar's bike - he hand made these gorgeous pieces, VentureFar is a very talented person!! THANK YOU AGAIN NEIL FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK WITH THE NAME TAGS AND THE WHIPS!!

Puc

you are too kind. Thanks for being you. We are all better with you in our lives.

VentureFar...

Other than the little sprinkles of rain that were mixed with the strong winds that drove us into the ghost town buildings back in Utah, we had remarkably been rain free for our whole trip - this is almost unheard of when you mix old Murphy and his laws with cross country motorcycle touring. Murph being true to his word, it rained some during the night before we were planning on touring the mighty St Helens. I got up during the night and hauled all of our gear into our little Menards tent to keep as much of it as dry as possible. The morning broke with very cloudy skies and drizzle, raining about enough to keep the roads wet and windshields hard to see thru.

20140620_092935.jpg

20140620_092449.jpg

Coff and I looked each other with a look of,, oh well - looks like we might get a little wet on our trip to St Helens today and away we went. While sitting on Tweeks back and chasing Coff west ward on the roadway that runs along the Columbia River headed toward the east side of Portland, it rained pretty hard for about 2 minutes. Than it turned back to drizzle.. I had no sooner leaned back and reminded Tip of how every time we get into this region I feel like I am in some kind of a rain forest when I noticed it. A big beautiful rainbow that stretched completely across the Colombia River, linking the State of Washington on the north side to the State of Oregon on the south. I told Tweeks to mind her peas and carrots as I was gonna dig for my camera. Tweeks doesn't usually mess around and play games with me when we are dealing with wet roads. She held her line perfectly as I dug out my taped together camera and I was able to snap some awesome shots of this sign from above as it had moved closer to us, appearing now to have moved into the middle of the Columbia. I also watched as our friend and riding comrade @CMCOFFEY and his gorgeous 2001 RSV named Exodus actually rode thru the end of that beautiful, made by the hand of God himself, declaration in the sky as if to declare the two of them the REAL Treasures at the End of the Rainbow!! It was at that point that I knew the four of us, a bike named Exodus and an ol mule named Tweeks were in for an irreplaceable day!!!

DSCN4937.JPG

DSCN4925.JPG

DSCN4924.JPG

DSCN4923.JPG

DSCN4919.JPG

Edited by cowpuc
I had Coff's RSV's name as "Genesis", his RVS's real name is Exodus, correction made! Stinks getting old...

Puc

you are too kind. Thanks for being you. We are all better with you in our lives.

VentureFar...

Awe,,,, thanks VentureFar, and thanks again for everything you did to make the 2014 Venture West Rally an unforgettable moment in time for everyone who attended!! Tippy, Tweeks and I want to double that with a huge THANK YOU of our very own!! :thumbsup:

Give your wife a hug and pat that new puppy on the head for us too!

Puc

But I just have to ask. Does Tippy ever stop smiling. She always looks so happy.

Or is it that when she is not smiling you are to busy running to take pics?:stirthepot::buttkick:

It always looks like you two are having a great time, glad we can join you.

I just asked Tip about this one Fool,, she said that having me around keeps her smiling and that the only time she knows of when she stops is when I have to go away for any length of time :big-grin-emoticon:, this :grandma::grandpa: together is really fun.. As soon as our youngest is married and out of here - the fun is REALLY gonna start, hit the road and find some REAL adventures out there!! :7_2_104[1]::15_8_211[1]::15_9_28[1]:

After chasing CMCoffey and his 2001 Yamaha RSV named Exodus all over the coastal region of western Washington, the 5 of us (Coff, Tip, Tweeks, Exodus and I) found the trail that we would CTFW our way up to the Snow blown dome of Mount St Helens. We gassed up and choked down a quick burger at a Burger King before we headed up the hill. Exodus and Tweeks were really hitting it off well when the three of us human types finally came out of BK. The two bikes were sitting there staring at us with that questioning look of a couple of young kids wanting to ask what took us so long as we approached them. While I was exiting Burger King, my eyes had caught a stack of those "'Burger King Crowns" that kids, and grown people who sometimes act like children, can often be seen leaving their local Burger King with one sitting on their heads - giving them a KINGLY look. Coff and Tippy looked at each other and Tweeks groaned her usual "I have had about enough of this joker" groan as I announced I had to go back inside and get 2 of those Burger King Crowns. When I came back out, my two riding comrades asked what I was up to. I smiled and told them that I had a surprise in mind for a couple of pranksters I had met earlier during the Venture West Rally. PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU ARE FOLLOWING THIS STORY YOU WILL WANT TO PAY ATTENTION LATER AS I WILL REVEAL IN BOTH TEXT AND VIDEO WHAT BECAME OF THOSE CROWNS!!

Knowing it would be cold up on the mountain, we pulled every bit of warm clothing we had out of our clothing departments, yanked balaclava's over our faces, stacked sweatshirts under our leather jackets, tugged on old snowmobile gloves and struck out to spend the day letting the bikes chase each other on the twisty mountain roads leading up to the viewing area that overlooks St Helens damaged landscape. This roadway system is perfect for both the inexperienced rider as well as people who have found their thrills on such places as The Tail of the Dragon or Iron Mountain Road in the Black Hills of South Dakota (the corners make wider sweeps BUT the complementing scenery is amazing) - that's my opinion of course.

DSCN4930.JPG

DSCN4937.JPG

DSCN4940.JPG

DSCN4932.JPG

DSCN4943.JPG

DSCN4942.JPG

The viewing area on the west side of Mount St Helens provides a remarkable image of the now healing landscape that was severely injured by the Volcanic eruption back in the 80's. As I mentioned earlier, Tip and I had explored this area a year after the huge explosion and were amazed at how much things have changed. There are massive area's here that had been replanted with tiny trees which now were full grown forests. High up in this elevation though, the landscape was still very vacant with an occasional massive Douglas fir tree trunk or log left in the place where the apocalyptic blast had left them many years ago. Were it not for the cool temperatures and extremely high winds, Tweeks, Tips and I could have easily been convinced to claim a spot and spend the night on this Mountain overlook because we were sure that the elevation would have made for some unbelievable star gazing. I did not mention that to Coff or Exodus though because I had the strange feeling that they would have stayed there in spite of the coolness or wind!

DSCN4954.JPG

DSCN4952.JPG

DSCN4951.JPG

DSCN4950.JPG

DSCN4947.JPG

DSCN4946.JPG

20140620_155846.jpg

20140620_160033.jpg

20140620_155439.jpg

20140620_155508.jpg

20140620_155739.jpg

20140620_155036.jpg

20140620_155022.jpg

20140620_155802.jpg

Edited by cowpuc

After we had spent some time exploring the viewing area, we made our way back to where we had left Exodus and Tweeks. We were walking across the parking area intending check on them to make sure their hooves had not frozen to the pavement when we ran into a person who appeared to have a serious love for taking pictures. We stopped and chatted with this artistic individual and found out that he was from a small town in Illinois only a couple hours south of our home in Michigan, a place called Chicago. After we chatted for a while, I got his permission to make a short interview video and it was during this video that I learned that his name was the same as mine - Scott,, well bust my buttons!! Like so many great people before him that we had met on our travels, our new friend from the Windy City obliged us with his signature on Tweeks.

20140620_160723.jpg

20140620_160732.jpg

Edited by cowpuc

The five of us coasted a short ways down the Mount St Helens overlook, taking a number of hairpin corners and successfully navigating some sheer cliff area's all while under no engine braking assistance, we stopped at another side road viewing area to get some pictures of St Helens from a distance. We than ran a pretty good pace down to the official National Park Gift Shop hoping that they would have the sticker that Tweeks had been hounding me about all day. The gift shop was considerably busier with people than the actual mountain itself had been. I heard something mentioned about foul weather keeping most folks off the mountain side, I looked at Tippy and our good friend @CMCOFFEY standing their with their snowmobile-bike mountain clothing on, shrugged my shoulders and mumbled a word of thanks to myself that we didn't stop here on the way up and ask permission to ride up to the viewing area. Looking at the smiling faces of my two riding partners and knowing how much fun our bikes had while chasing each other up and down those twisty roads, I just could not have imagined riding all the way from west Michigan and not have at least tried to go up there!

DSCN4965.JPG

DSCN4962.JPG

DSCN4964.JPG

20140620_142924.jpg

20140620_143432.jpg

20140620_143358.jpg

Edited by cowpuc

That young whipper snapper Coff and his super cornering Exodus held back and allowed Tip, Tweeks and I to run lead on the way back. We were in somewhat of a hurry because we all knew there was a banquet planned for the night back at the Venture West Rally HQ, Cousins in The Dalles Oregon. Tweeks did a great job keeping up with the flow of traffic heading down from Seattle and going into Portland. She did have one little interlude with a car that had a person inside who was suppose to be steering the vehicles front wheels but was busy talking on their cell phone. Another one of Tweeks attitudinal problems that I am very aware of is her ability to backfire at will. I could feel her plastic covers tightening up as we started to go past this inattentive driver. I also knew what was coming far in advance of watching the drivers cell phone bounce off the ceiling of his car right after Tweeks loose righthand side exhaust pipe rang out a tone that even a demolition expert would be proud of.

As the five of us closed in on the exit that would put us almost directly in front of the Cousins restaurant parking area, I looked in Tweeks mirrors and noticed that our ride group had grown by 2. I would learn later that another VentureRider.org member by the name of @Rainbow Rider had zeroed in on our travels and chosen to follow us into the party that was brewing for the evening. After a brief discussion sitting at the stop sign in front of Cousins, he gave me the honor of video interviewing him and I learned that RainbowRider had become one of the members of VR a couple months before this Rally and had ridden down from his home (located within an hour or so from Cousins) to see what all the ruckus was about. The three of us had made yet another great friend!!

The fuel gauges of our tummys bouncing on "E" from a long day of exploring the State of Washington exponentially increased the wonderfulness of the smell of the dinners that the staff at Cousins were preparing for us. As my nose took over control of my body and I found myself being magically moved into the banquet room, it suddenly dawned on me that I had somehow gotten separated from Tip. Tossing aside the steadily increasing "feed me" squeal from my now empty fuel tank, I focused my visual search on finding that lovely lady of mine. I soon noticed that she had been captured by a group of fellow CTFWers on the far side of the "U" shaped pattern our banquet chairs had been perfectly arranged in. People were seated around the outside edges of the "U" and were, inadvertently, blocking any successful path to the chair that Tip had saved for me to her right hand side. After crawling under the tables while carrying my camera and the Burger King Crowns I had acquired back at the Burger King at Mount St Helens and having made my way up into my chair, I thought I could hear laughter as some folks apparently found some sort of humor in my solution to the dilemma that had presented itself. I am still not sure if they were laughing at me, my taped up old camera or those cute Gold Burger King Crowns that nobody had a clue of what I was planning on doing with them.

One of the amazing things that happens to me when I am out CTFWing is how time, space, travel and location just seem to run together. Its a lot like making a really good cake, the combination of all kinds of really exciting ingredients can get mixed together to create something very special and unique. Not that I have done a lot of baking in my days, but I do know from the few times that I have cooked a cake that no matter how careful you plan, they don't always come out perfect, sometimes they are astounding though! As I sat there taking in the main ingredients of the cake mix called Venture West that had gathered around the banquet table, I noticed something unique. It had not occurred to me how close to the Canadian border this Rally in The Dalles (I could make song here, sung by the tune of "The Farmer in the Dell",, The Rally in The Dalles, The Rally in The Dalles, hi ho together we go to the Rally in The Dalles) was located. Due in part to its location, this gave Tweeks - Tip and I the chance to meet some International Riders - talk about icing on the cake!! On top of that, our host - @LoneEagle, had invited some members of another organization known as "Star Riders" (Yamaha changed their name to "Star" a few years ago so I still think they are Yamaha Riders). There were also people from several other states represented too. Our evening cake mix was absolutely perfect!! It was so much fun listening to these marvelous people explain where they were from and have them share some of their motorcycling backgrounds.

After our time of introduction in the Banquet Room, the staff at Cousins brought out our pre-ordered dinners. The food that they had prepared was absolutely delicious. Tip had ordered Salmon and I had ordered Prime Rib. As usual, I helped her find room to finish her Salmon so we wouldn't have to haul a doggy bag back to our tent with us. I also helped @kevin-vic-b.c. finish his potatoes and @bikerjohn finish his salad (Kev gave me his potatoes and I had to sneak some of Johns salad). As we ate dinner, I pulled the Burger King Crowns out from under my chair, grabbed a couple of ink pens, wrote LoneEagle on the top of one crown and Condor on the top of the other. I then handed them to the people sitting next to me and asked them to sign them and pass them on. I also asked that we be careful and not let Condor or LoneEagle notice what we were doing. We than presented the two signed Crowns to our two hosts - TWO OF THE MOST REGAL KINGS TO EVER HAVE BEEN CROWNED!! If you watch this introductory video to the end, you will notice the Crown on Lone Eagles head, he kept it there for the rest of the Rally!!

DSCN4975.JPG

DSCN4971.JPG

DSCN4973.JPG

DSCN4969.JPG

DSCN4967.JPG

After we finished eating, LoneEagle (our Rally host) settled our chatter down by announcing that he had acquired some donated gifts that he intended to award to certain people. I was amazed at this because after I had crawled into my chair and sat down earlier I had noticed that each place setting had a pile of biker gifts (really neat ear plugs, windshield cleaner and stuff), no one thought there would be more. I lost track of who was awarded what during this time, I can say that BikerJohn received a beautiful set of handlebar fringe leathers (those things that proudly now hang from the front brake and clutch lever on his gorgeous black bike). These beautiful works of leather art were made by a fellow VentureRider.org member by the name of @Luvdaleather. Nanci (Luvdaleather) is a very talented individual who operates a business called "Ace High Leathers" out of California and her work is represented on many of the beautiful motorcycles that will be found at many of the VentureRider.org Rallies operating around the world. I was admiring Johns award for taking second place in "those who had traveled the farthest to get to the Rally". It was during my gloating over our Texas Hero's award that I heard Lone Eagle start talking about the 1st place winner. As soon as he mentioned that the first place winners bike had (in his words) "been ridden in with a set of Antelope horns mounted on it for crying out loud". It was at this point that Tip and I knew we were in trouble. We were awarded a gorgeous "Venture West" poster that now hangs beautifully in the living room of our home in Muskegon. Our dear friend Condor mailed the award to us so we would not have to carry it back to Michigan adding weight to a, already picking up road obesity, worn out old Tweeks.

DSCN0468.JPG

DSCN0467.JPG

After our Friday afternoon banquet had came to close, having a full belly and having met so many great friends, we all thanked the folks at Cousins for hosting the Rally (they did a GREAT job) and headed out to the parking area to get some pictures and just have fun sharing stories.

attachment.php?attachmentid=97484&stc=1&d=1424162537

attachment.php?attachmentid=97477&stc=1&d=1424162412

Tweeks came up with this idea of posing herself in a no parking area at Cousins front door with Tippy and I laying down beside her, I love that picture!! We met and chatted with a variety of folks from all over the United States and Canada. Two of our new Canadian friends told us that they each had followed our ride stories in times past and both wanted to say hello (I was honored to meet these fine gentleman). Their VentureRider.org names are @divey and @Dale124. Tip and I had a short chance to sit down with them both and, though it was way to brief, got to learn where they were from and hear about their family's and lives. I am not sure about this and certainly would never purposely want put words in any ones mouth, but I sure got the impression that these two champion Canadian friends of ours totally understood how much Tip and I love hearing about people from around the world and that these two gentleman totally appreciated our effort to be out making new friends and meeting new people by CTFWing. I made a short video to give you, the reader, an opportunity to also meet one of these gentlemen, this is "Divey" - one heck of great guy!! In this same video you may notice people willingly giving of their time to "scratch" Tweeks back. I am always amazed and thankful for those willing to take the time to sign Tweeks, every time this happens it touches my heart to know how from the day of signing and going forward, Tip, Tweeks and I are taking a part of our really special friends every where we travel.

20140621_122830.jpg

20140621_122828.jpg

20140621_122826.jpg

DSCN4991.JPG

DSCN4997.JPG

DSCN4989.JPG

DSCN4986.JPG

DSCN4988.JPG

DSCN4987.JPG

DSCN4983.JPG

20140621_122832.jpg

20140621_122839.jpg

20140621_122842.jpg

20140621_193012.jpg

Edited by cowpuc

One of the great things that I have come to appreciate about belonging to an organization such as VentureRider.org is the unending wealth of knowledge that the combined years of all the members associated with VR represent. I am not new to spinning a wrench and have gotten my hands dirty a few times in the process of CTFWing. Lets face it, it does not matter what motorcycle you ride (or car you drive), sooner of later something is going to break. Bikes don't really care how much you pay for them or even what name hangs on their placard - stuff breaks. I learned a long time ago that if you want to learn about something, no matter what it is, just surround yourself with like minded people - preferably those who have also been riding similar bikes as the one you have chosen to ride - start a conversation about any given issue, input things that you know and than listen carefully as the other people share how they might accomplish the same task. I have used the process of doing this to define "wisdom" to my children - basically that is the ability to actually learn something from someone else's mistakes or life's experiences. I have personally found that when I do this it can really shorten the learning process and, ultimately, enrichen a persons short existence here on this beautiful planet we share .

I had many opportunities and conversations with folks at the Venture West Rally who openly swapped mechanical and electrical detail of our Ventures with me. There was an abundance of real Yamaha geniuses at the rally. We had a great time and it was an honor rubbing shoulders with these folks. I happened upon one of these interludes and seized the moment at catching some of this sharing going on between a very learned VR member named @GeorgeS and @Rainbow Rider while standing in the parking lot after the rally. It was a tremendous opportunity for me to record some this vast knowledge sharing between these two gentlemen. I will also add, that after GeorgeS found out that Tweeks had broken her speedo back in Dennison Texas, he went back to his home in Washington and located a new speedometer for Tweeks and mailed it to her! What an amazing group of people - THANK YOU GEORGES FOR CARING!

With the 2014 Venture West Rally having drawn to an end for us on that Friday evening, we hugged and thanked as many people as we could for being so friendly and kind to the likes of us three loafers from Michigan. We headed back to the Loose Moose State Park west of The Dalles to begin the process of preparing for the ride back towards my daughters in Sacramento. When we arrived back at the Moose, the person camping beside us came over and introduced himself. Come to find out, he was the State Park Host and he wanted all of us to know how much he appreciated our friendliness and attention to being respectful to folks in the area. He was a very nice person named "Bob" who, after Tip, Tweeks and I had left, brought an official Oregon State Park sticker over to feed Tweeks insatiable appetite for stickers. Coff had this gentleman sign the sticker and than he mailed it to our home so Tweeks could get her just reward. @CMCOFFEY sent Tweeks a sticker from Nellis Air Base with the Oregon sticker because she had crossed Nellis and had no sticker saying so, that Coff was really out to spoil the old girl completely!!

We worked together checking air pressures, tire conditions and over all maintenance on the bikes while we hung out for our last evening together. Coff noticed that his bike, Exodus, had shed a screw in his front fender during our trip to Mount St Helens. We could not find a replacement screw so, the three of us (Coff, BIkerJohn and myself), being all that we could be, decided to use one of my handy tie wraps to reattach Exoduses front fender trim. After doing so, I went and got my permanent marker and signed the Tie Wrap, thus beginning Exodus's life long journey into Tweeks crazy world of stickerdom. Even though I did hear Coff telling people that, because the tie wrap had come from Tip and I, that it would be permanent, I didn't really understand how deeply he meant that until we had gotten home and received Tweeks Nellis and Oregon stickers from Coff. Along with that was a note explaining that Coff was in the process of making stickers for Exodus and for Tweeks and he wanted to know if I would like for him to ship the other sticker when he had finished making them. I wrote him back and asked him to hang onto the stickers he had made for Tweeks hoping that doing this would give her a good incentive to find yet another trip out to Area 51 to visit CMCoffey and his family. Coff thought THAT was a GREAT idea - CMCoffey catches on really quick!!

@shuttlebug (Mr. and Mrs), BikerJohn, CMCoffey, Tip and I finished up the evening by saying our goodbyes as we knew that the next morning was going to come quickly. Each one of us who had shared in that adventure known as the 2014 Venture West Rally in the little town of The Dalles Oregon, had came to the this place and time having never met and were now leaving as great friends! In the world of CTFWing, it doesn't get any better than that!

DSCN4995.JPG

DSCN4994.JPG

20140619_085241.jpg

20140620_094657.jpg

20140620_095147.jpg

20140620_095139.jpg

20140620_095150.jpg

20140619_085455.jpg

DSCN4880.JPG

Guess it's time for me to wake up to the conversations on this forum. I've been "asleep" for a while! LOL So first off thank you for the kind words! I had a great time at The Dalles. My question is this: does anyone have a clue as to where Venture West will be this year? Someone needs to prod Lone Eagle for an answer. Ya think?

Guess it's time for me to wake up to the conversations on this forum. I've been "asleep" for a while! LOL So first off thank you for the kind words! I had a great time at The Dalles. My question is this: does anyone have a clue as to where Venture West will be this year? Someone needs to prod Lone Eagle for an answer. Ya think?

I don't think Lone Eagle will be up to it. He's no longer the prez of Star 186 after serving faithfully for 3-4 years, and I don't get much response when emailing. I think he's ridden off into the sunset on his Harley.....

You are welcome Nanci, my pleasure - I only tell it like it is, YOU DO VERY NICE WORK!!!

Hey @Freebird, check this out. I used one of those "@" symbol smoke signal things that you figured out and got for our usage (you da man Boss!!) in telling the story about @Luvdaleather and her leather business. I may be wrong here, but there is a good chance that it was that little "@" thingy that ultimately woke Nanci up from her deep sleep and now it looks like that is gonna lead us into a hunt for a lost @LoneEagle!! Thanks again for watching out for us Don!!

I don't think Lone Eagle will be up to it. He's no longer the prez of Star 186 after serving faithfully for 3-4 years, and I don't get much response when emailing. I think he's ridden off into the sunset on his Harley.....

Hey Jack, I think we should send out some undercover spies, find out where that Harley riding Bald Eagle is hanging out at. See if there is a Leatherby's near his hangout. If there is, maybe you, Nanci, @EasyRider , @VentureFar, @shuttlebug, myself and any other of you California crazys who want to join us, could go buy a Banana Nut ice cream cone, stand in front of LoneEagles hangout and yell "SEE WHAT CHUR MISSING!! - COME OUT AND PLAY WITH US YA PIRATE!!" :thumbsup::big-grin-emoticon:

I had the thought that the Mt. Shasta, CA would be a good area. It's basically in my backyard so to speak. I can look into accommodations. There is a couple of camping areas, one by the lake which has fishing, hiking, paddle boats and more. Lone Eagle seemed interested (someone prod him please). I would be willing to do my share, however with two businesses, I do not have time to handle the pre-registration, patches etc. If some folks are willing to team up with me, I'll get stuff ready in the way of campsites and hotel rooms for all you rowdies coming from every which way.

Here is the site to where I live: www.visitsiskiyou.org and here is the link to the lake I mentioned: Lake Siskiyou | Beach & Camp If you are looking for traffic, then it might not be the place for you to ride. We get bored and ride down the middle of the road going in and out of the yellow line.....for something to do!