IGNORED

Volour seats, Do they hold water?

Motiv

Hmmmm,, this is interesting,, never even thought about Velour on a bike seat... I have ridden a few miles in some pretty hot ambient tempts and cant imagine something under my back side that would retain moisture (sweat included) - high humidity areas seem like that would be really bad... I have always found that the drier I can keep my back side the better the outcome - especially on those 16 hour ride days.... Am I missing something here??:confused24:

Puc Im with you. I have over the last couple years adjusted my under riding garments to those longer legged weather wicker jobs. Dry is good, also in the off chance I get wet they dry out quicker than cotton. I have seen the beaded seat things and dont see how they are comfy for long either. To me would be like sittin on marbles.

I like Rum better than Scotch...

I like Scotch better than Rum!! LOL

Depends Hot days with some good Mexican chips and salsa a cool magereta is mine.

nope still like white rum better than scotch

I am having a hard time believing that any of you guys actually ride your bikes around with your backsides soaking in any of the above!! Doesnt that alcohol kinda burn after a while??

Depends Hot days with some good Mexican chips and salsa a cool magereta is mine.

I tried Depends once on what some of these guys call an Iron Butt,,, worked pretty good too... Not sure how they would handle the Mexican Chips/Salsa and Margareta blend though,,,,,,,,,,,,, might be alright,,,

I have had a Corbin seat for a long time on my bike and before I had it recovered, I scooped it out to make it more comfortable and to lower it. I have tried several things, like the gel seat and what I have found is the most comfortable for Linda and me is the cheap chair seat cushions that I can get from Walmart. They are light, breath good and don't jack me up. They can be flipped over to keep the top of the cushion and the seat cool when parked in the sun and if parked in the rain, I can either take them with us of store them in the trunk.

Another thing is they come in many colors and are cheap and if I loose one, I can get another one at Walmart.

Randy

Trust the guys on the wet coast. Sheepskin works. I have a natural sheepskin which is comfortable, cooler in summer, warmer in winter and due to the natural lanolin sheds water. I have ridden through thundering rainstorms and hail and all I had to do at the end was shake the sheepskin out.

All good advise above, but I am purchasing the seats from Squidley in the classified ads and they have the velour on them so I just wanted to know what I'm getting into, It turns out Hartco sells a seat rain cover for the RSV or can recover the seats. I am hoping they will be more comfortable in the tailbone and gentleman parts area than the stock seats.

P.S. I too prefer rum.:D

I have a Hartco velour seat and it dries fairly quick. However, Hartco says do not leave it in direct sunlight too long. Sun light eats up the velour. It did mine. They also want $189.00 for a replacement slip cover.

How do you like the comfort vs oem seats?

Since the seat cover is simply a slip cover with the original seat under it, i would imagine the comfort would be similar. The original seat is in perfect shape and when i get really embarrassed about the condition of the velour i will simply remove it. I do however like the brown color better than the black oem seat