IGNORED

Anybody have two of these laying around? Yamaha #4YE-27433-00-00 rear floorboard pads

pbjman

Thanks, Neil. I should have mentioned that I am aware of the ones on Ebay. (overpriced)

They are a 'want' item, not a 'need' item, no hurry. I may have to wait and see if Amazon actually ships them. I apparently ordered the last pair but I will believe it when I see them on my doorstep. I just figured if anyone here has some, I could deal with them and cancel Amazon.

Would be happy to furnish the ones I have.....free! One catch, they are attached to the floorboards I have for sale and those are only $130. :thumbsup2:

Good one! But you could have thought BIG and said they come with the whole bike!

Hi there PBJMAN.

I installed the chrome ones and I should have the older ones laying around. Unfortunately they are in Iceland but I would guess the shipping would be somewhere around 30 to 40 US$. You are welcome to them if you want to pay the shipping. I am at the moment in Norway at work but will be at home in about ten days. Let me know how and if you want to proceed.

friendly regards,

Jonas / StarFan

Hi there PBJMAN.

I installed the chrome ones and I should have the older ones laying around. Unfortunately they are in Iceland but I would guess the shipping would be somewhere around 30 to 40 US$. You are welcome to them if you want to pay the shipping. I am at the moment in Norway at work but will be at home in about ten days. Let me know how and if you want to proceed.

friendly regards,

Jonas / StarFan

From Iceland?! No way, they would get too many miles on them just getting here!

Just kidding; and thank you for the kind offer. If the ones from amazon show up; I'll be set!

You can get the rear floor board covers from Partzilla for $9.92 each. It doesn't look like the come in a set.

Yamaha Motorcycle Parts 2008 ROYAL STAR VENTURE (VERY DARK RED METALLIC 2 - BLACK METALLIC X) - XVZ13TFX STAND FOOTREST Diagram

Thanks for the suggestion and yes, except when they are back ordered until April. (Partzilla/boats.net are the same company.)

• 6 months later...

If I remember correctly, once I positioned the rubber pad and adjusted it enough so that all of the pointy rubber tips were poking through the metal footrest, I pushed on the top which set some of the tips all the way through, but many of them just squished into the holes and had to be tugged and pulled through from the bottom until they 'popped' through. The material was pretty durable and none of them broke off when I did this. Might have been easier with a little lube/soap on the tips?

How the heck do you get the rubber pegs back into the foot rest?

I've got some pulling out, tips are still there just loose

Put a little grease on the cone of the tip, stick it in the hole and get hold of it with a set of wire pliers and pull it into place.

On the first gen, someone came up with a great way to replace the rubber on the rear footrest using straws. When I removed the rubber from mine to clean them, I used the idea. I can't find the post now but it's pretty simple.

First, cut a regular, plastic drinking straw in about 4 or 6 inch pieces. Then, slice them lenghthwise completely from one end to the other. Put one end of the straw over the rubber nipple and the other end through the hole. Then, pull the straw through the hole. It should tighten up and pull the nipple through.

I'm not familiar with the 2nd gens, but if they are similar, this should work.