IGNORED

it official

painterman67

ok its official. the 1st gen is for sale and has been as of now replaced. I went with an air cooled v-twin 1600. No not a harley though. A yamaha. I just brought home a 2000 yamaha roadstar silverado 1600. Now for a back rest , trailer hitch, and and and and....hehehehehe.........I love the new to me bike experience.

Looks great. Now let the fun begin. :)

Eileen asked me this morning if I was done with the bike after getting the new Vance and Hines mufflers installed. I said...."sure..uh..of course I am". :whistling:

Remember..."It's easier to get forgiveness than permission".

Quick, take that down Don,, what if Tippy see's that,,,, her forgiving heart might become less forgiving..:stirthepot:

Gorgeous scoot Painter, looks like good times in the making!! CONGRATS!!:cool10::cool10:

Looks great. Now let the fun begin. :)

Eileen asked me this morning if I was done with the bike after getting the new Vance and Hines mufflers installed. I said...."sure..uh..of course I am". :whistling:

hahaha ... I get the same from my wife ... and I respond pretty much the same.

I blew almost $600 on a pair of mufflers without saying anything (asking) ... then I had to do some "sukkin up" when she confronted me over what I "told her" I paid ... (which of course was somewhat less) LOL

well took my Roadie out for a ride today. Weather was wright and the wifes bike is back up and running too. We went for a decent ride today. Things I noticed on the ride. It does vibrate a little more than the venture but not much. It has tons of low end torque but not as much top end as the venture. I also like the idea of being able to ride at 55 in 5th and be able to roll on the throttle and still go without downshifting.

So far I am impressed by this bike. I need a new shield and a back rest. Back rest will more than likely come first as I am debating a fairing and they are close to the same price as a new shield so why not wait wright.

anyways thanks for all the responses. I will miss the venture but who knows if no one makes an offer I may redo it or at least make a rat bike out of it

David

well took my Roadie out for a ride today. Weather was wright and the wifes bike is back up and running too. We went for a decent ride today. Things I noticed on the ride. It does vibrate a little more than the venture but not much. It has tons of low end torque but not as much top end as the venture. I also like the idea of being able to ride at 55 in 5th and be able to roll on the throttle and still go without downshifting.

So far I am impressed by this bike. I need a new shield and a back rest. Back rest will more than likely come first as I am debating a fairing and they are close to the same price as a new shield so why not wait wright.

anyways thanks for all the responses. I will miss the venture but who knows if no one makes an offer I may redo it or at least make a rat bike out of it

David

Yamaha has a good handle on the Vtwin power plants. I have the Raider and boy does that thing have torque! Pulls like a mule up to 115mph. Just wish it handled like the Venture. Odd that a bigger engine bike (1900) weighs less but is harder to corner.. ? Oh well, lucky me for having that ..." problem" to sort out.. :cool10: