IGNORED

Cycle Gear LED Headlight Kit $60

Would be interested to know if there is a marked difference between low and high beam.

The one listed by the original poster is rated at 2200-2400 lumens.

I have an LED headlight installed on my RSV from

http://canadiancruisercustomizing.ca/products/afterburner-led-headlight-direct-replacment-lamps

that is rated 3200 lumens.. Not sure if quality or different manufacturer equates to comparing oranges to apples but I can tell you that the LED headlight I have is not as bright as an HID, not even close as bright as the 80/100 Ostram bulb, but it beats the OEM bulb easily. The difference between Hi and Lo beam isn't that dramatic. It takes a lot of fiddling to get these LED headlights aimed properly for max lighting but once you get it just right, the light does reach out nicely enough. Oddly enough, I seldom if ever get flashed by oncoming cars when I forget to dim the headlights...

What IS nice about them is that they do get you noticed in daylight or night, without burning out retinas.

If I were to be doing a lot of night time cross country distance riding, I'd be putting the Ostram back in.. (but it's a yellow light)

But for the $60 it's not an expensive gamble to find out for yourself and they are bone easy to install...

The one listed by the original poster is rated at 2200-2400 lumens.

I have an LED headlight installed on my RSV from

http://canadiancruisercustomizing.ca/products/afterburner-led-headlight-direct-replacment-lamps

that is rated 3200 lumens.. Not sure if quality or different manufacturer equates to comparing oranges to apples but I can tell you that the LED headlight I have is not as bright as an HID, not even close as bright as the 80/100 Ostram bulb, but it beats the OEM bulb easily. The difference between Hi and Lo beam isn't that dramatic. It takes a lot of fiddling to get these LED headlights aimed properly for max lighting but once you get it just right, the light does reach out nicely enough. Oddly enough, I seldom if ever get flashed by oncoming cars when I forget to dim the headlights...

What IS nice about them is that they do get you noticed in daylight or night, without burning out retinas.

If I were to be doing a lot of night time cross country distance riding, I'd be putting the Ostram back in.. (but it's a yellow light)

But for the $60 it's not an expensive gamble to find out for yourself and they are bone easy to install...

I was asking because I am running the 2600lm led from CanadianCruisercustomizing and there is not much of a difference between high and low beam. I am experiencing all of the same things as you. Still like it better than stock though.

:canada:

I was asking because I am running the 2600lm led from CanadianCruisercustomizing and there is not much of a difference between high and low beam. I am experiencing all of the same things as you. Still like it better than stock though.

It is indeed better than stock for sure, but wish it were as bright as HID..

We saw these Saturday and Dad thought about getting one. It looks like good quality but I know there HID kits they had sucked. Good thing is Cycle Gear has 100% Customer satisfaction and will give you store create if returned.

Let us all know how this works out.

• 1 year later...
Update on this product, replaced 3 in a year under warranty, seems they get too hot behind the fairing and burn out quick.

Hmm Seems odd. They would be in a sealed headlight bucket no matter which bike installed in. If they create that much heat seems it would make bucket hot no matter what your ridin. And I'm not sure but ait the lens on our RSV plastic any who?

Two of the three burnt out on me while I was riding in a group of slow moving bikes for an extended period of time so I am assuming that there was not enough air flow to the light. It has a fan that sticks out behind the bucket by a few inches supposedly to keep it cool, reading some of the most recent reviews it is not limited to the Venture.