IGNORED

'86 Royale... before and after

Stanman

Well it's taken me a while, but I finally figures out how to get this digital camera to take reasonable pictures and resize them so I could post them on here.

The first two are what it looked like while sitting in Harvey Rounce's (VR member rounce) garage before I bought it from him. The next three are of it in my storage shelter waiting for spring to get warm enough to start riding again. I still have a little more to add but its getting to be less noticable items.

By the way the shelter is made by ShelterLogic in Watertown, CT. A wind about 40 - 45 mph caused the damage you see and more. The end wall is held on with light bungee cords and soft of flaps in the wind until tears out the eyelets or rips the bungee. The structure is set up where trees give it some protection from wind. They put a clause in the warranty stating they can't control the wind and thus wind damage is not covered. :(

By the way the shelter is made by ShelterLogic in Watertown, CT. A wind about 40 - 45 mph caused the damage you see and more. The end wall is held on with light bungee cords and soft of flaps in the wind until tears out the eyelets or rips the bungee. The structure is set up where trees give it some protection from wind. They put a clause in the warranty stating they can't control the wind and thus wind damage is not covered. :(

Don't feel alone on the shelter/tent. I'm storage challenged too. I suspect that one company in Bangladesh private lables for many different companys. I bought the identical 10x20 labled as a King tent about 3 years ago at Sam's Club. It did OK... not great.. but OK... for 2 years, but this year we had a lot of high winds and the front and back panals finally ripped completely out. It's coming completely down this summer and I'm building something more permanent.

That is really pretty in white.Kind of like a virgin, huh? Makes me think that I might consider going white, if-n when I repaint. HMMM...Might look really nice in a white/black scheme. Kinda like a police edition!?! :scratchchin:

Don't feel alone on the shelter/tent. I'm storage challenged too. I suspect that one company in Bangladesh private lables for many different companys. I bought the identical 10x20 labled as a King tent about 3 years ago at Sam's Club. It did OK... not great.. but OK... for 2 years, but this year we had a lot of high winds and the front and back panals finally ripped completely out. It's coming completely down this summer and I'm building something more permanent.

2 years... I wish, this thing was put up last June. I got about 4 months before I had to try alternative methods of holding the back in. I did phone the company in early March and complain. They said they could try a warranty claim if I wanted. I have emailed them pictures as well as the completed claim form they sent, but haven't heard back yet.

Thanks for the all positive comments. It has been quite a project. $4100 for the bike and over $1200 in parts and paint. The saddle bags and guards have also been replaced. I have a few Venture parts I'll post in the clasified in the next few days.

Wild hair 39: go ahead and paint it white; I'm quite sure I'll know which one is mine.