IGNORED

2013 RSV how do you get the gas tank off?

How do I remove the gas tank off of my 2000 RSV? Thank you David

Turn the petcock off. Disconnect the outlet fuel hose from the petcock. Remove the two Allen head screws from the key guard and remove the guard. Disconnect the electrical connector and vent hose located under the key guard. Remove the riders seat. Remove the tank hold down screw from the rear of the tank. Being careful to note the location of the washers and rubber pad. Remove the two tank screw guards (one on each side) from below the front to the tank. Remove the inserts from the Allen screws. Remove the two tank Allen screws. Carefully lift the tank up and off the bike.

Best of Luck

Mike

Depending on what you are doing you can tap into the circuit that powers the cigarette lighter in the fairing. Split the fairing and buy a jumper pigtail from me that lets you tap in easy as pie. Spliting the fairing is not much harder than taking off the tank.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=5049&title=plug-and-play-electrical-jumpers&cat=35

Guest tx2sturgis

The tank is quite heavy when its full of fuel...keep that in mind...it helps to have a helper!

:whistling:

Or...you can wait till its around 1/4 tankful and then its pretty easy to lift off.

When I am going to remove my tank I always disconnect the hose from the petcock and install a piece of hose I have especially for this and route to a gas can , open the petcock and drain the tank off to the can before removal, makes it much easier to handle.