IGNORED

Removing Chrome pieces

Wait.... you want to REMOVE chrome ???? You can do that????

For those wondering.... Mole5 and Mole6 are the eyebrows.

And yes... they are held on with double sided adhesive. Slide fishing tape between the Mole and the fairing and break the bond. You can remove the adhesive left behind with Goo Gone or WD40.

I like it. I'm not a big chrome fan either. Takes time away from riding. You might try heating it some with a hair dryer some to soften up the sticky. Or you could just park it out in the sun here in Fl for awhile its been in the upper 90's and heat index 104.

Too much chrome for me also on my Midnight. Eyebrows, trunk key trim, dash Yamaha piece, front rotor chrome covers and tank badges all removed. Front x 2 pieces and rear fender trim, passenger floorboards, rear crash bars, front fender accent piece and saddle bag lid latches all powered coated black. Trim between windshield and fairing and lower clear wind deflectors painted black. Even the aftermarket SS brake, throttle, and clutch lines are black rather than silver. Darker than midnight, much more to my liking.

Edited by 2WHEELSFORME

Too much chrome for me also on my Midnight. Eyebrows, trunk key trim, dash Yamaha piece and tank badges all removed. Front x 2 pieces and rear fender trim, passenger floorboards, rear crash bars, front fender accent piece and saddle bag lid latches all powered coated black. Trim between windshield and lower clear wind deflectors painted black. Even the aftermarket SS brake, throttle, and clutch lines are black rather than silver. Darker than midnight, much more to my liking.

The '04 came without the tank badges... Kinda like it. Didn't think I would... But I did add Slowroll's Twinkie and carb covers... Might pull the eyebrows off as well...

I would be afraid to use the razor blade. I just know I would slip and foul things up majorly. Credit card is my weapon of choice on that sort of thing. Usually wrapped in a paper towel to see it that will work first to keep from scratching.