IGNORED

that looks like an ol bus out there tip,, what da heck,, it is...

cowpuc

So,,, what in the world,,, I thought we left the crazys way back in cali but brother,, I was wrong...

than again,, if ya look closely at this place where we camped last night you will notice its acually a make shift motocross track with an old bus in the middle of it! I FELT RIGHT AT HOME!

Found gas next morning, good thing too, see pic.

We are in idaho with high hopes of seeing glacier in the near future!

Last time we got near bonneville speedway I took tweeks out on the speedway salt for a run. You can find vids on it on youtube by searching my name, scott barnhard, if you have any interest in seein an ol beat up 1st gen, loaded down with gear, just tearing it up!

Anyway,, before we left wendover (where the speedway is) last year we looked EVERYWHERE for a sticker to give tweeks her just reward,, NO LUCK! As we went thru this year I stopped at a place where I checked last time and they said they would get some,,, GUESS WHAT GANG - THEY KEPT THEIR WORD! TWEEKS NOW HAS HER BONNEVILLE SPEEDWAY STICKER,, YEEEEEEHAWWWWW

Got a terrible connection here in pocatello idaho, beatiful country BUT TERRIBLE INTERNET..

HOPE THIS GETS OUT!

ride em if ya got em,, ITS SUMMERTIME,

Puc

20140702_094032.jpg

20140701_212637.jpg

So,,, what in the world,,, I thought we left the crazys way back in cali but brother,, I was wrong...

than again,, if ya look closely at this place where we camped last night you will notice its acually a make shift motocross track with an old bus in the middle of it! I FELT RIGHT AT HOME!

Found gas next morning, good thing too, see pic.

We are in idaho with high hopes of seeing glacier in the near future!

Last time we got near bonneville speedway I took tweeks out on the speedway salt for a run. You can find vids on it on youtube by searching my name, scott barnhard, if you have any interest in seein an ol beat up 1st gen, loaded down with gear, just tearing it up!

Anyway,, before we left wendover (where the speedway is) last year we looked EVERYWHERE for a sticker to give tweeks her just reward,, NO LUCK! As we went thru this year I stopped at a place where I checked last time and they said they would get some,,, GUESS WHAT GANG - THEY KEPT THEIR WORD! TWEEKS NOW HAS HER BONNEVILLE SPEEDWAY STICKER,, YEEEEEEHAWWWWW

Got a terrible connection here in pocatello idaho, beatiful country BUT TERRIBLE INTERNET..

HOPE THIS GETS OUT!

ride em if ya got em,, ITS SUMMERTIME,

Puc

Yep they're mighty proud of their gas out west in the summertime. In ATL $3.63:crying:

Yep they're mighty proud of their gas out west in the summertime. In ATL $3.63:crying:

That is only $3.69 that he paid for gas. I only wish. Gas must be mush better quality here since it is $3.80. Out in Cali it is well over $4.

But I think ol Puc was trying to point out how little gas hed had left when he found this station 4.43 gallons into his 5 gallon tank.

Edited by Flyinfool

That is only $3.69 that he paid for gas. I only wish. Gas must be mush better quality here since it is $3.80. Out in Cali it is well over $4.

But I think ol Puc was trying to point out how little gas hed had left when he found this station 4.43 gallons into his 5 gallon tank.

Indeed fool! Only these 1st gennies dont hold 5 gallons,, think the last time I rode mine out,, it filled at like 4.6,, big difference when ya got a riding partner who hates pushing LOL

Hmmmmm......lets compare.

1 US gallon = 3.8 Litres

Right now gas is $1.43 a litre

3.8 x 1.43= $5.43 per us gal!!!!!!!!

So quit your complaining already!

Sorry for the Highjack.....sounds like you are having a fun time Puc.....keep on keeping us posted!

Puc,

You had a lot of gas left.....1st Gens hold 5.3 gallons. I know this for a fact because I've run mine dry. Heck, a lot of times I've put 5 gallons in. On most of the 1st Gens. the reserve alarm comes on when you've used 3.9-4.0 gallons. That means you have over 50 miles left before you run out.

Enjoy the rest of your trip!!!!

Frank

Hmmmmm......lets compare.

1 US gallon = 3.8 Litres

Right now gas is $1.43 a litre

3.8 x 1.43= $5.43 per us gal!!!!!!!!

So quit your complaining already!

Sorry for the Highjack.....sounds like you are having a fun time Puc.....keep on keeping us posted!

absoulutely right on trader! Wasnt even part of my original reason for posting this up AT ALL! Matter of fact though,, I hear that some other countrys have it even worse,, in the 8 dollar a gallon range!

Hey Puc do you collect patches also. If so let me know. I got one from Wendover I'll send you.

Kickshot

yep kickshot, I have a collection of patches clued on er too! Shes been to wendover so tweeks has earned the right to wear it (only sticker on her from a place she aint been is from aussie annie - tweeks wears that one out of love and pride for our dear friends from down under.. anyway, you betcha kickshot, you send it, tweeks will wear it with pride and I would be honored to have it!

thanks for the offer!

puc

I just filled up my Infiniti for $3.08. It was $3.38 with $.30 off per gallon using Food City card.

RandyA

WOW!

Course,, ya gotta drive thru a hurricane to get it!

how you guys fairing down yonder randy? We have been hearing rumors from other bikers out here aabout the hurricane?

hope all is well with you and my other friends n family down south!

puc

Hey puc send me a pm with the name and address and I'll get it out to you.

kickshot

Hey kick,, got it done.. PLEASE let me know if you get the info,, this tab is driving me nuts..

THANK YOU

puc

WOW!

Course,, ya gotta drive thru a hurricane to get it!

how you guys fairing down yonder randy? We have been hearing rumors from other bikers out here aabout the hurricane?

hope all is well with you and my other friends n family down south!

puc

Actually, the day the hurricane was on the Outer Banks of NC, we had one of those perfect days. Low humidity, temps in the valleys of about 80 and in the mountains about 70 and visibility of 50 miles and crystal clear. My grandson and I rode over the mountain just shy of Asheville and he treated me to Chinese for lunch. We had a great day.

RandyA