IGNORED

Polaris Slingshot?

Freebird

Guest tx2sturgis

2.4L engine,,, should spark some interest,,,, hey my wife would go for it,, it would get my head out of the way and she could crochet while we are out and about.

Wouldn't that make it a "crochet rocket"?

Guest tx2sturgis
The Suzuki Forenza's have a 2.4 GM motor in them, Jim

Now...I thought EVERYBODY knew that....

:whistling:

Forenza...isnt that where they look at your cause of death and figure out you had french fries on the 23rd of May, 1996 in a Burger King that used a particular type of linoleum flooring, and the cook was late for work one day so he left a bit more rubber on Elm Street, where the construction workers all ate a certain brand of tuna fish that was caught off the coast of New Hampshire and the ....

Oh never mind...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tx2sturgis

But myself and Bill, (Jakester) got to see them in Sturgis.

My first impression is that they are a lot bigger than they look on the video.

I wish they would let us take them for a little ride...but no such luck.

The 2.4 Ecotec was famous for the Pontiac Solstice & Saturn version. bullet proof motor that adding a turbo will make it even meaner 300+hp

My 2007 Solstice has the 2.0 Ecotec Turbo stock 267hp adding dealer chip boost turbo and PCM making it 300hp up grade turbo will boost to 400hp but a pain to do water pump lol

Sorry about the photo car in garage poor lighting

S.I.D.I. Turbo Spark Injection Direct Injection now if 2.4 motor is the same design? Without turbo It'll have 2600lbs of fuel injection

Edited by buddy

Wow! Now that's definitely different, and with options it's $10k less than the Stallion. I'm glad to see there are getting to be more "options" out there than a traditional trike for folks that just can't handle 2 wheels due to joint/health related issues. A friend of mine bought a Stallion earlier this spring due to debilitating arthritis in his hands. He said the steering wheel was so much better for him now. He's already put over 10k miles on it so far. Here's a couple of links to the Slingshot and Stallion,

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/quote?DealerID=02916200

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeThoroughbredStallion.aspx

Remember, it's not WHAT you ride,,,,,,

Guest tx2sturgis

Well...in this case, it is.

These are not motorcycles in the commonly accepted way of thinking about what a motorcycle is.

Legally, they might qualify, but thats about it.

In reality, a 14 year old child with no experience on 2 wheels or the controls of a two wheeler will feel at home in one of these or a Stallion, or a T-Rex, or Elio, if they have driven a car with Dad in the seat next to them.

Trike conversions are more motorcycle-like and DO require most of the normal operating skills of a motorcycle, except holding it upright and leaning through turns.

When I sat in that Slingshot, nothing about it seemed like a motorcycle, and everything about it screamed 'sports-car'.

I like them...but they are cars...not motorcycles. No matter what the state says that they are.

:happy34:

Wow! Now that's definitely different, and with options it's $10k less than the Stallion. I'm glad to see there are getting to be more "options" out there than a traditional trike for folks that just can't handle 2 wheels due to joint/health related issues. A friend of mine bought a Stallion earlier this spring due to debilitating arthritis in his hands. He said the steering wheel was so much better for him now. He's already put over 10k miles on it so far. Here's a couple of links to the Slingshot and Stallion,

http://www.polaris.com/en-us/slingshot/quote?DealerID=02916200

http://www.motortrike.com/trikeThoroughbredStallion.aspx

Richard if your friend isn't already a member of triketalk.com let him know there's a section there dedicated for the Stallions.

Larry

Well...in this case, it is.

These are not motorcycles in the commonly accepted way of thinking about what a motorcycle is.

Legally, they might qualify, but thats about it.

In reality, a 14 year old child with no experience on 2 wheels or the controls of a two wheeler will feel at home in one of these or a Stallion, or a T-Rex, or Elio, if they have driven a car with Dad in the seat next to them.

Trike conversions are more motorcycle-like and DO require most of the normal operating skills of a motorcycle, except holding it upright and leaning through turns.

When I sat in that Slingshot, nothing about it seemed like a motorcycle, and everything about it screamed 'sports-car'.

I like them...but they are cars...not motorcycles. No matter what the state says that they are.

:happy34:

Yes Brian, I agree. But there are a lot of folks out there, my Stallion owner friend included, that have physical limitations that do not allow them to safely operate a "traditional" trike. Recognizing those limitations and having options to keep them in the seat of whatever they choose is a good thing. It's not been all that many years ago that trikes weren't "accepted" either, they were for the "geezers". That's definitely not the norm now, and that's a good thing. It would be nice if those of us that enjoy 2 wheels will never have to give them up, but that's not too likely. As I collect more pieces of titanium I realize it'll be that way for me at some point too. I owned a convertible for several years, and these are way more than that. I look at it like this, the wind in my face, however that may be accomplished, is STILL better than not having the wind in my face, just my honest opinion. Thanks for the link Larry, I'll pass it along to him.