IGNORED

American Idol

Freebird

OK...I admit it...I'm an American Idol junkie. I don't know why or how I started watching it but have done so for about 3 years now and really enjoy it. Any other's here that watch it?

I'll admit also that it does inspire me in some weird sort of way. I've mentioned before that I take my guitar with me when I travel. I can watch American Idol and it just makes me want to practice my guitar that much more. I pick it up and start strumming and picking and realize that I'm still terrible. :) That's OK though, I still enjoy it.

I know that we have a few guitar players here. I posted sometime last year that I had picked up a new Seagull acoustic/electric. I tell you, the more I play this guitar the more I like it. Now I've got an urge to pick up a 12 string also. Stopped and looked at some today but haven't decided which one I want yet.

I'm tellin you you have been in the north way too long. I have watched it for a nano second that it takes to find the remote. Move south while there is still hope.:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Hey I am further North than he is and you got me beat. Must be something about those folks in the middle of the continent. :stirthepot::rotf:

Brad

OK...I admit it...I'm an American Idol junkie. I don't know why or how I started watching it but have done so for about 3 years now and really enjoy it. Any other's here that watch it?

I'll admit also that it does inspire me in some weird sort of way. I've mentioned before that I take my guitar with me when I travel. I can watch American Idol and it just makes me want to practice my guitar that much more. I pick it up and start strumming and picking and realize that I'm still terrible. :) That's OK though, I still enjoy it..

Yep, wouldn't miss it. Some of that talent is amazing. And don't feel alone on the terrible guitar. I've been strumin' a Goya acustic for years and still can't play....

OMG I'm a junkie! Since year one. I Tivo it. Even worse, last year my brother and I would make a night out of it. Every Tues at the local bar was open pool night so I'd meet him there & watch the fellas play pool. We'd go back to his house when his girlfriend got home from work, he'd cook supper and we'd watch Tivo'ed American Idol. Sad case.

Looking for a support group right now...........:rotf:

Okay, not really cuz I'm going to go watch it since I Tivo'ed it tonight:rotf:

Brandi

I got hooked on it for the first time last year when Sanjaya (sp?) basically wrecked the show. I'm not getting hooked on it again. I'm not sure how you made a connect from that to guitars, but...

I fiddle around on a Washburn acoustic, but most of the electric guitar stuff I used to know (heavy metal) doesn't adapt very well to an acoustic, so I don't play it a lot. At this point I kinda wish I had a classical guitar. I had a Fender 12 string for a while, but the only thing I liked playing on it was the second part of Stairway to Heaven. I realized that 12 strings are more for basic rhythm chord strumming which was not my style of playing, so I let it go.

I got hooked on it for the first time last year when Sanjaya (sp?) basically wrecked the show. I'm not getting hooked on it again. I'm not sure how you made a connect from that to guitars, but...

hmmm....I THOUGHT I explained the connect but maybe not. I was simply saying that watching the show encourages me to play more. Seeing the contestants striving to improve and be better inspires me to do the same. Also this is the first year that they are allowing the contestants to play instruments when they perform and several have played the guitar. Heck..if I live about a hundred more years and practice every day and then they come up with an "OLD FART AMERICAN IDOL".... I may have a real shot. :)

Ok so I thought Jakezie, Carley, and Amanda were heads and shoulders above the rest and poor David Archuleta just never did find his comfort zone tonight.

I love American Idol There I said it, now I feel better. I am no longer a closet Idol fan. WoW I never thought I could feel so liberated. All is right in the world now!! :bighug:

Don,

You better time it out right , my daughter says the guy's & girl's alternate and it's the guy's year to win !!. P.S. I got a bonus the 1st of the year and got my Seagull and Amp FINALLY !!!:cool10::cool10::cool10:

Haven't see much of the show this year my father has been sick for months and we just lost him a week ago, however a have time now a may get back to watching, and yes Pegscraper it STUNK last year !!!!

Is It Getting Warm Yet ??

Gary

Never ever ever would I have pegged you as an idol junkie Don.........

I also am guilty......the dvr is set to record the whole season......I turn it on to start watching when its about half way thru the show thats airing so I can fast forward thru all the comercials and some of the other "crap".

My favorite part of the whole season is the auditions...some times I laugh so hard I cry.:rotf:

Chakezi shocked me tonight....David Archuleta dissapointed me

ok Ill stop..........:innocent:

My mind went down a different road when I first read the post. My thought was being the guy that finally got it worked out meeting his internet idol in a motel in the middle of nowhere and end up having a room next door to some guy banging on a guitar.

So frustrating that nothing works right.

RandyA

Don I guess I'm addicted too although I hate to admit it. I've watched it from the first year. It is the only reality show I can stomach though. I think the talent across the board is the best they have ever had. I hate to see any of the rest of them go but that 's how it has to be. I played drums a long time ago and the guitar never felt right and I knew I would suck at it. I still get the urge to pick a guitar up. I was looking at one @ Sam's club yesterday. A fender standard guitar. Maybe in my next life. I don't know when I would have time. I can't stand to not do something at least good and it would drive me crazy until I got good at it. Take care!:cool10:

I've never watched American Idol, but as far as guitar goes I play poorly enough to hopefully distract people from my awful singing at open mic nights. It's an expensive addiction tho'. My main guitar is a Wasburn acoustic-electric, I also have a Washburn hollow body electric, a no-name acoustic-electric that I use for my travel/camping guitar, and a Peavy 5 string bass. I have to keep talking myself out of buying my "next" guitar.

I'll admit also that it does inspire me in some weird sort of way. I've mentioned before that I take my guitar with me when I travel. I can watch American Idol and it just makes me want to practice my guitar that much more. I pick it up and start strumming and picking and realize that I'm still terrible. :) That's OK though, I still enjoy it.

I know that we have a few guitar players here. I posted sometime last year that I had picked up a new Seagull acoustic/electric. I tell you, the more I play this guitar the more I like it. Now I've got an urge to pick up a 12 string also. Stopped and looked at some today but haven't decided which one I want yet.

Wife and I watch it faithfully along with alot of the other "Reality" shows. You got me thinking though. How about a mini Talent/Idol show at Maintenance day. I'm willing to go first even. LOL:dancefool:Might be hard to bring a guitar and my piano on the bike, just a wild thought for some fun and laughs.

I got what your saying Don, it shows how hard people will try to get to there goals. I dont watch it all the time but catch a little hear and there. Anybody that loves music like I do would like this show some just wont admit it.

I think it would be fun one of these days for all of us who play to get together and do so. A talent show would be fun and I'm all for it but I WON'T enter. :) Sorry, I play for me and am just not good enough to play for anybody else. I would strum along with the group though. Bring your guitars if you like. I have a baby grand piano and a Yamaha keyboard so we are covered there. I have a couple of guitars including my Seagull and a low end Yamaha that actually plays pretty well. I have a 35 year old Epiphone also but my son in Texas has it right now.

I know that it needs to be turned but it actually still sounds pretty good. It is a Weber I think. I'm not home now but I'm pretty sure I'm remembering it correctly. I bought it new about 10 years ago. It has been tuned a couple of times. Once right after I got it home and again after a move in Dallas. It has not been tuned since moved to Ohio though so I know it needs it. As for who plays it? Nobody really. I play with it some but am worse with it than I am on the guitar. My wife was learning for a while but hasn't pursued it for a few years.