IGNORED

more rear lighting

the led light bar is from rivco

Super Bright Trunk Mount LED Tail and Brake Light

69 bucks......a third of the price of the light bar wing

not affiliated...searched for a long time to find this and want to share the info

its pretty dangerous driving around NYC with just the small low to the ground stock brake light on my venture

I bought mine on Ebay, don't know the manufacturer but was very pleasantly surprised to find out that it blinks when pressed (like Brake-Off ones). Even more, since it is connected to my regular tail light, that one blinks too!... Very easy to see, day or night...

You can find them red or clear, with connection for blinking OR connection for turn signals (half will blink with your turn signal). I opted for the blinking with the break, to me that was more important safety-wise.

I got the new light bar that Steve K sells in our Vendor Classifieds.

It is RUN/TURN/BRAKE!

REALLY NICE cause it is pre-wired to be plug & play.

And his upgraded set has extra wires that took care of my trailer hitch.

Well packaged, well thought out,,, no trips to the hardware store.

Great instructions and if you want to go anal,,,, wiring diagram.

Maybe take a half hour if you don't include beer. You will pull both seats to run the harness.

But the plug/play can be tested in seconds.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4943&title=run-2fbrake-2fturn-light-bar-for-2nd-gen-venture&cat=35

And, again, thanks Steve.

Mike G

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/data/35/large/RUN_BRAKE_TURN_-2.jpg

I notice it's always the 2nd Gens that put the big bright tail lights on.

I guess the 1st Gens are fast enough not to get run over. :rotf:

maybe the color scheme used on the 2nd Gens are too dark....unlike the color schemes for the 1st Gen......the hot pink is def easier to see at night than the Ravel color for example.

Hi Mike,

I received one of Steve's lightbars today. The intructions say to " find the 6 pin connector that connects the main harness to the rear fender harness." Is that under passenger seat or near the battery. the one near the battery is white while under the seat there are 2 black ones. I want to be sure before I go plugging in and blowing fuses.

I did all my own mods so far but plumbing and electrical I'm not good at :( !

Any help would be appreciated !

tks

Doyle

Doyle,

I just replied to your PM, the connectors you are looking for are under the driver's seat near the battery box, normally on the left side. they should be white, they may be buried a little bit.

The black ones under the passenger seat are not the correct ones.

Hey Mike explain that a Little more about how it works with the trailer lights.

I am just putting together a trailer and doing the wiring now. LED How would this work, What extra comes with it for the trailer and I am thinking maybe wire it up as a trailer light.

I was wanting the conector the daisy chains in with the existing tailight wires no cutting but I dont see one for sale anymore in classified.

Indeed the higher lighting helps you be seen a LOT! more! Good idea!

ANd I think actually it being under the trunk makes it more noticeable than the one on top because it's down in indirect sunlight, so when it lights up it shows up better in daylight.

I got the new light bar that Steve K sells in our Vendor Classifieds.

It is RUN/TURN/BRAKE!

REALLY NICE cause it is pre-wired to be plug & play.

And his upgraded set has extra wires that took care of my trailer hitch.

Well packaged, well thought out,,, no trips to the hardware store.

Great instructions and if you want to go anal,,,, wiring diagram.

Maybe take a half hour if you don't include beer. You will pull both seats to run the harness.

But the plug/play can be tested in seconds.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=4943&title=run-2fbrake-2fturn-light-bar-for-2nd-gen-venture&cat=35

And, again, thanks Steve.

Mike G

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/data/35/large/RUN_BRAKE_TURN_-2.jpg

IronMike,

The picture that Mike G has does not show the Type-2 light bar harness, the Type-2 has 5 extra wire pig tails that are soldered in and allow you to splice into the harness for trailer wiring with no cutting required.

Those and my regular "T" style aux harnesses are listed on the classified section under member vendors, look for my forum name, M61A1MECH.

Here is a link to my ads.

http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=35

• 2 months later...

Greetings!

This year I installed an under-trunk light as well. I purchased it from etrailer.com along with the optional chrome bezel. I am VERY pleased with the output. Combined with the Custom Dynamics LED taillight, there is no excuse to not know I'm stopping. People hate riding behind me at night.

Cheers!

Jay