IGNORED

Almost got creamed by an idiot on a CanAm trikel

Bert2006

Well I was having a great ride tonight and this idiot on a CanAm Spider blows through a stop sign in front of me. All I could do was move over two lanes and I was lucky nothing was coming the other way. Then it gets better because now he is behind me and he start tailgating me with his horn on. Well I pulled over and he passed. I followed a bit back as I was still shaken up. He turns into Tim Hortons and I decided to have a talk. When I got to him he and his passenger reaked of alcohol. I decided to not confront him but called the cops and reported him for drunk driving instead. It took the Cops about 2 minutes to get there as they were looking for him already...seems he had been at it for a while. He was arrested on the spot. Cops asked me if would mind testifying if needed be and I gladly accepted.

Lessons learned

1. Dont let your guard down even when you are close to home.

2. Dont assume that the other biker will give you your right of way. Although this idiot cannot be a true biker:bang head:

3. Keep your cool

4. Dont drink and ride.

Sorry needed to vent:canada:

Ya done good. The road is no place for those who drink to the point of being over the legal limit. Hope they hit him hard in the pocket book for his stupidity.

Here in Loozeeanner the minimum cost for a DWI will set you back $10K....they not only Fine the heck out of you but they slap you with Court costs as well. If ya can't pay they always have room at the Parish Jail.:cool10:

Boomer.....who sez Speeding Fines are nothing to sneer at as well....:whistling:

Well I was having a great ride tonight and this idiot on a CanAm Spider blows through a stop sign in front of me. All I could do was move over two lanes and I was lucky nothing was coming the other way. Then it gets better because now he is behind me and he start tailgating me with his horn on. Well I pulled over and he passed. I followed a bit back as I was still shaken up. He turns into Tim Hortons and I decided to have a talk. When I got to him he and his passenger reaked of alcohol. I decided to not confront him but called the cops and reported him for drunk driving instead. It took the Cops about 2 minutes to get there as they were looking for him already...seems he had been at it for a while. He was arrested on the spot. Cops asked me if would mind testifying if needed be and I gladly accepted.

Lessons learned

2. Dont assume that the other biker will give you your right of way. Although this idiot cannot be a true biker:bang head:

3. Keep your cool

4. Dont drink and ride.

Good for you!

Too many people would have just tucked their tail between their legs and looked the other way...

He deserves everything he gets!...

I totally get cha Bert,, the issue of drinking and driving is so difficult for a LOT of people, from Law Enforcement (believe me - some cops drive drunk too,, their human beings ya know) to Bikers.. Its so frustrating sometimes..

Last weekend I dropped my WLA off at the local Navy Museum, came home and headed out on a memorial ride for a friend who got killed on his bike 3 years ago.. Over 200 bikes showed up.. We left the rally point, headed north to the crash site (about 3 miles from rally point), went another 10 miles and the leader pulled us into a bar.. All but about 10 of us hit the brew.. Bout a 45 minutes later out they came, started up the bikes and started leaving.. I just watched em pull out and went the other way,,, and LOTS of these guys are buddies of mine - including the father of the young man who had died 3 years ago..

Later another real close friend who was also on the ride pulled into my driveway and told that he wished he had done the same.. Said they went about 20 miles and a guy on his bike 2 bikes in front of him lost it in a corner and he literally watched a 2 year old Harley go end for end in the gravel on the shoulder.. Guy had head injuries (out cold when the ambulance got there), broken femur for sure and probably a broken wrist.. He said the group in front of him kept going and that about 10 miles down the road, another guy went off into the trees...

Its a crazy world out there and when your on a bike just trying to survive is a full time job..

Marcal, meant no disrespect to Spider riders:bowdown:

:canada:

Ok, there are more of us on this site,,, well there are 2 of us who have admitted to have one anyways,,, and I do truly believe that you have great respect for SPYDER riders,,, yes it's spelled SPYDER, and seeing as we really don't have an identifiable identity yet, it might be advantageous for you to at least spell it right and show utmost respect for the renown Spyder Riders, we might take offense to such items in the future, although for now you would be quite safe,, seeing as there is only 2 of us,,, yet!!!

And oh,, just in case you or anyone else should do a search for this thread and enter the search 'Marcal' , they wouldn't come up with this thread,,,,, ya it's MarCarl,,, see how easily one can make trouble out of nothing?????:stirthepot::whistling:

I totally get cha Bert,, the issue of drinking and driving is so difficult for a LOT of people, from Law Enforcement (believe me - some cops drive drunk too,, their human beings ya know) to Bikers.. Its so frustrating sometimes..

Last weekend I dropped my WLA off at the local Navy Museum, came home and headed out on a memorial ride for a friend who got killed on his bike 3 years ago.. Over 200 bikes showed up.. We left the rally point, headed north to the crash site (about 3 miles from rally point), went another 10 miles and the leader pulled us into a bar.. All but about 10 of us hit the brew.. Bout a 45 minutes later out they came, started up the bikes and started leaving.. I just watched em pull out and went the other way,,, and LOTS of these guys are buddies of mine - including the father of the young man who had died 3 years ago..

Later another real close friend who was also on the ride pulled into my driveway and told that he wished he had done the same.. Said they went about 20 miles and a guy on his bike 2 bikes in front of him lost it in a corner and he literally watched a 2 year old Harley go end for end in the gravel on the shoulder.. Guy had head injuries (out cold when the ambulance got there), broken femur for sure and probably a broken wrist.. He said the group in front of him kept going and that about 10 miles down the road, another guy went off into the trees...

Its a crazy world out there and when your on a bike just trying to survive is a full time job..

This is a sad story,,sad, sad story!!!

Ok, there are more of us on this site,,, well there are 2 of us who have admitted to have one anyways,,, and I do truly believe that you have great respect for SPYDER riders,,, yes it's spelled SPYDER, and seeing as we really don't have an identifiable identity yet, it might be advantageous for you to at least spell it right and show utmost respect for the renown Spyder Riders, we might take offense to such items in the future, although for now you would be quite safe,, seeing as there is only 2 of us,,, yet!!!

And oh,, just in case you or anyone else should do a search for this thread and enter the search 'Marcal' , they wouldn't come up with this thread,,,,, ya it's MarCarl,,, see how easily one can make trouble out of nothing?????:stirthepot::whistling:

Ok mARcArl will watch for spyyyyders....:whistling:

:canada:

If, you drink, at all, sooner or later you will, drink and drive....

After a few drinks, your inhibitions will go down and you will become invincible.

Be smart, make plans for a way home, or, stay in a motel... in advance...

Like the Puc just got done saying, 95% of the bikers he was riding with, choose to drink and drive...

That has been my observation as well...

People think, bad things can't happen to them...

Edited by CaptainJoe

I help put on a few bike rides every year, and it amazes me how many guys feel that it is a requirement to pull into a biker bar or American Legion along the route to get a beer. I don't drink, and have no problem with people who do it responsibly.

But driving anything. let alone a bike in a crowd of others, is far from being responsible.

If, you drink, at all, sooner or later you will, drink and drive....

After a few drinks, your inhibitions will go down and you will become invincible.

Be smart, make plans for a way home, or, stay in a motel... in advance...

Like the Puc just got done saying, 95% of the bikers he was riding with, choose to drink and drive...

That has been my observation as well...

People think, bad things can't happen to them...

I NEVER drink and drive!!! And I do like a good drink!! I wont even go down to the corner and pick up the mail if I've had a beer!!!! :beer:

Lessons learned

3. Keep your cool

4. Dont drink and ride.

You handled the situation exactly as it should have been. A conversation with a drunk is more worthless than talking to a wall - at least you can get an intelligent echo off the wall. I never drink and drive or ride - my father was a trucker for 35 years and I still remember many of the stories he told of coming up on accident scenes (or witnessing them) and all too often, the driver had been drinking. There's just no excuse for doing it.

Andy

I NEVER drink and drive!!! And I do like a good drink!! I wont even go down to the corner and pick up the mail if I've had a beer!!!! :beer:

My hats off to you then sir.

On group rides, most have a drink.. coffee or tea for me. That's why I rarely ride with groups...

My friends and I did it many times, (every weekend) in our early 20's. that was +30 years ago... use to joke, the car knew the way home...Young and dumb...

So I'll change my comment to:

If, you drink, odds are sooner or later you will, drink and drive....

I don't drink and drive...and like some of you, I love a good drink. I know the rules about 1 hr per drink before one is supposed to be safe to drive, I know everyone is different so that's not the argument here. Once about 10 yrs ago I was sipping a drink after dinner when I realized that I needed to run the 3 miles to the store to grab some item that really couldn't wait til the next day. Mike was working 2nd shift so couldn't ask him, so I waited a couple of hrs before heading to the store. Worst mistake I've made the past decade I think. I couldn't hold my lane. But I made it there and back. I swore that day I'd never drink and drive again and I haven't and won't because I know I can't handle alcohol and driving afterwards in the same day. Good for you calling the law on those ppl, may not have saved them, but likely someone else that day.

Good on you Gawildcat,

Pilots rule is 24 hour's from bottle to throttle!

I feel the effects of one beer hours after I drink it.

Have run across more than one person claiming they never drank and drove when I was in a group ride with them and know better.

I actually sat next to a guy in Helen's at Seven Springs Ski resort where he proceeded to get hammered with mixed drinks, drove to the condo in heavy snow and the next day started ranting about drunk drivers...

Whatever...

In my opinion drinking ONE beer then jumping in a car and bike is drinking and driving... and although legal, is a stupid thing to do...

http://detroit.legalexaminer.com/automobile-accidents/how-to-cause-a-car-accident-from-just-one-beer/

Edited by CaptainJoe