IGNORED

How suspicious would you be?

M61A1MECH

So I found a 2012 Goldwing on "FREE CLASSIFIEDS" listed in EL Dorado, AR, with 338 miles on it and for $7000.00. I inquire about it expecting that it is a typo on the price or something and this is what I get back.

Hello,

As you can see the price is very good. I can ship the bike to you and you will pay C.O.D (CASH ON DELIVERY) the reason that I selling the bike at this price is because right now I am in Switzerland. I will be responsible for the shipping cost. I was in USA and bought the bike from USA and I took the bike with me in Switzerland. Now the bike is here in my garage in Switzerland. Here to register a bike from outside of Europe cost too much. Now, I can't come to USA to sell the bike because I'll spend much money and lose more time, my only chance to sell this bike is to find a buyer from U.S. or from other country. I can send the bike to your location. Shipping will take approximately 10 working days, after you receive the bike you have another two days to inspect. When the inspection period ends, the shipping company will contact you and if there are any issues with the bike you can refuse it . If all is good, I'm sure it will be, they will help you with the transfer of ownership. If you are interested to buy write me back with your shipping information (full name, full address and a phone number).

You won't find another bike in such condition.

Thanks

I have asked for more photos and some personal info, just to see what his response will be, but just sounds fishy, what does anyone else think?

So I found a 2012 Goldwing on "FREE CLASSIFIEDS" listed in EL Dorado, AR, with 338 miles on it and for $7000.00. I inquire about it expecting that it is a typo on the price or something and this is what I get back.

I have asked for more photos and some personal info, just to see what his response will be, but just sounds fishy, what does anyone else think?

Steve,

This is absolutely 100000000000% bogus ad. They all have similar stories either, at work overseas or the military base in Italy etc. they almost never ever reply when you ask specifics or pics. Don't even waste another second of your time with ads like this. It's always ends bad. If and when they do reply, chances are very high they won't provide you correct info to even call the cops or sign a statement etc...

MESS WITH HIM!!!!

Act like you are going to buy it and ask all kinds of questions that he will not be able to answer. String him along for a couple of weeks, get him all excited, set up a bogus free email account to communicate with him, and then delete the account when you are satisfied with the entertainment you have had.

This could be a whole group project you know.......

Seems that if you copy and paste this sales wording in google you can buy this bike , car, 4 wheeler in just about any state or Provence you would like. My daughter was just about sucked in on a rental place .Same M.O. copy paste to google and she could have rented a town home just about anywhere Craig's list operates.

Definitly a scammer doing his evil there Mech.. I have seen countless ads like that too, the newer version is one with only a phone number to reply to.. I did a little research on the number supplied with one of the new ads and found out if you call that number you get charged a pretty hefty fee just for calling it...

Flippin scammers....

Bottom line still seems to be found that old archaic expression,,, if it sounds to good to be true - it probably is.. Is this day and age bottom feeders have found a way to make money on an honest person just trying to find out if "it probably is" is true...

Puc

I have not heard back from him since I asked for his personal info and questioned what sort of contract would he draw up for me to review.

If he does come back with more BS I may still jerk his chain a bit, before I turn him loose.