IGNORED

Dulnop Elite III

GeorgeS

I went to Dunlop main web site:

They list the Elite 3, in MR90-18 Front, and MU90-16 Rear.

I checked several on line dealers, but nobody seems to have the

new front Elite 3 as yet.

Anybody know if they are available someplace ??

I've had a E3 on the rear for some 18,000 miles now but the front was not available at the time when they first came out.

I put a 491 Elite II on the front but I think they are not making that tire any more so I'm not sure what we are to do.

I really like the E 3's though.

Jerry

As of yet they do not make the front tire in the Elite 3. One time I'm told they are contracted to Gold Wing others say they have never been produced? either way they can not be had period.

I too like the Elite 3 as well but for the front I went with the Avon Am41 tire which works real good with my rear E3 tire.

As for the Elite 2 tire . Dennis kirk new catalog has them listed again but in limited sizes and they do cover the 83-93 Venture some of the Gold Wings as well so Elite 2 is still being made for now.

buddy

I have been trying for 4 years to get an EIII for the front of the Road Sofa but keep getting told it's backordered. That's probably 5 or 6 sets of tires. I've been using the 404 or 402, whichever is not the Hardly tire, on the front.

Hey, $70 tire and I get over 12k miles from them.:confused24:

Guest Popeye

The 404s have great traction, but low mileage. Dealer here has a bunch of the 491 EIIs in stock ...last month. I like them as well as my E3s & they are much quieter.

Guest Ken8143
I've had a E3 on the rear for some 18,000 miles now but the front was not available at the time when they first came out.

I put a 491 Elite II on the front but I think they are not making that tire any more so I'm not sure what we are to do.

I really like the E 3's though.

Jerry

I jsut got the Elite II, front and rear for my 1987 VR at Moto X

I went to Dunlop main web site:

They list the Elite 3, in MR90-18 Front, and MU90-16 Rear.

I checked several on line dealers, but nobody seems to have the

new front Elite 3 as yet.

Anybody know if they are available someplace ??

Hi, i not sure why everyone is saying the dont make the E3s i have bought them last summer for the front and rear southwest moto tire has them and american motercycle tire have them i bought both tires for 218.00 that is with shipping included took 4 days to get them a lot cheaper then going to the local bike shop.

hope this helps.

Guest longtrain59

Hey guys, I'm on my second rear EIII and my first front EIII. I have running the tires for about two years. The 491 Elite III s are too noisy for some folks, I love them. They last much longer than anythinbg else I have run.

Metzlers were nail magnets for me.

My independent dealer here in Whitney can order them and my dealer in Dallas also can order them. Believe me they are available.

You can find them at tiresunlimited.com

Hey guys, I'm on my second rear EIII and my first front EIII. I have running the tires for about two years. The 491 Elite III s are too noisy for some folks, I love them. They last much longer than anythinbg else I have run.

Metzlers were nail magnets for me.

My independent dealer here in Whitney can order them and my dealer in Dallas also can order them. Believe me they are available.

You can find them at tiresunlimited.com

Thanks, I will check tires unlimited, The MR90-18 E III Front, is the hard one to find.

OK, I checked, the MR90-18, front, says Back order until March 23 this year. ???

It would seem, George, that 2nd gen owners don't understand that a first gen runs different tires than theirs! Or else we can't convince them that we are talking about 1st gens. :confused24:

Oh well, watcha gonna do!

:rotf:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is link to Dunlop Elite III Bias Ply tire Sizes,

Front and Rear:

Only problem, seems to be to get the MR90-18 front for 1st Gens.

http://www.dunlopmotorcycle.com/tirecatalog_tire.asp?id=86

Anyway, this page, shows what size's are supposed to be avialable in the

Elite III Bias tire

I had an old ( New 491 Elite II ) I mounted it to replace the Avon, that the stone

punched thru.

Been out rideing with it last two days, seems ok with the Avon Venom, on the back.

I will be ordering a complete set of the Elite III, front and rear, when the front becomes avialable. ( when ever that is !!!! )

• 3 months later...
Guest dlritter

I received this answer to the where are they question...

I'll put a 491 back on the front.

"David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the availability of

the Dunlop Elite 3 in the size MR90-18. We are sorry to inform you that we

are unable to bring this tire to the market at this time. As you probably

already know, Dunlop maintains the highest standards of product performance

are we are not satisfied with the performance of this tire on the older

bikes which use this tire size. We will continue to develop this tire, but

unfortunately, it will not be available for this summer's riding season.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

"Dunlop Tire"

torcycle.com> To

awittmeyer@dunloptire.com

06/16/2008 07:14 cc

PM

Subject

Dunlop Tire Contact Form Submission

Please respond to

dlritter@Pacbell.

:thumbdown: net

Guest JGorom

I like both the Elite II's and Elite III's. I currently have the II's on my Venture and put a new set of III's on my Wing late last Fall.

The II's I have on the Venture are a little noiser than the III's, but I've got to say, the II's have worn like iron...they are a nice long lasting tire. Don't know if the III's will hold up as well...but they kinda remind me (ride wise) of the Avon's I put on my RSTD. Good grip...not noisy...very quiet riding and great in the curves.

That's strange.. I have the Dunlop EIII's on the front and back of my Venture, purchased and installed last week.. and they's awesome tires on this bike.

Go figure..?

I received this answer to the where are they question...

I'll put a 491 back on the front.

"David,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us regarding the availability of

the Dunlop Elite 3 in the size MR90-18. We are sorry to inform you that we

are unable to bring this tire to the market at this time. As you probably

already know, Dunlop maintains the highest standards of product performance

are we are not satisfied with the performance of this tire on the older

bikes which use this tire size. We will continue to develop this tire, but

unfortunately, it will not be available for this summer's riding season.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this situation.

"Dunlop Tire"

torcycle.com> To

awittmeyer@dunloptire.com

06/16/2008 07:14 cc

PM

Subject

Dunlop Tire Contact Form Submission

Please respond to

dlritter@Pacbell.

:thumbdown: net

Yea...but you are riding a second gen, they are talking about the sizes for the first gens. Dunlop has not yet made them for the antique bikes. :rotf:

My bad, this is on a 2end Gen.. I'm not OLD enough to remember what a 1st gen looks like.. ; )

I didn't realize the wheel sizes where that different.

I put my first E3 on the rear of my 87 VR almost 20K miles ago. I, too, was suspicious that it would not last as long as the iron E2 that I have been running on the Virago, on which I've gotte 23K miles front and rear. That fear was put to rest. It will definitely go over 20K miles on the 800 lb Venture, so I'm properly impressed. I now have an E3 in the garage waiting to go on the back of the Virago.

Since the front E3 is not available, I installed a Pirelli MT66 which I've liked in the past. It handles nice, cost something like 60 bucks, and will last over 12K miles.

Jeremy

--OOPS, SUBJECT LINE SUPPOSED TO SAY "E3"--

Ron Ayers, always a good place for tires, sent me this today:

I just ordered one - they're 95 plus 12 S&H. I looked around and that's at least 10-15 bucks better than you're gonna do anywhere else. Go to:

http://www.ronayers.com/browseparts.cfm?searchstring=0306-0039&kw=july4th2008&adv=4

Jeremy

Edited by Gearhead
Mistake