IGNORED

New Horn for VR?

videoarizona

You have to make a platform for the tank to slide into your trailer hitch and if you use quick connects you can mount the tank in your trailer when you need to tow it. The real issue is current draw the compressor can draw up to 26 Amps but you can use a lower rated compressor just takes longer to fill. Make sure the horns are pointed away from you!!!

You could replace the tank with a smaller chrome one:

http://xwad7.dvw4p.servertrust.com/product_p/the-tank-03-stl.htm

ah come on guys...I was making a funny!

Ya never know around here. I wouldnt put it past someone. :rotf:

I'm working on it.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=shocker-228vx-train-horn-kit

There is smoke coming from my poor little cad system and my poor little brain.

I have several items up on ebay right now to generate the funds for this project.

As long as it is powered thru a relay direct from the battery the power draw is not an issue. Its not like the compressor is always running, it is very intermittent at most.

It will plug into my receiver and then also double as a rack to load a small cooler on top of.

I also have a receiver mounted to the trailer so I can still have it while towing.

It also has an air hose for inflating tires.

Horn-Assembly2.jpg

Horn-Assembly3.jpg

Horn-Assembly1.jpg

Edited by Flyinfool

HA!

Let me get one built first.

I still need to buy the horn and then acquire a new TIG welder to build the aluminum box.

I could weld it using my MIG welder (I do already have all of the stuff for welding aluminum) but the welds are not very pretty compared to what can be done with a TIG welder. My first one will most likely be MIG welded, or maybe even bolted and/or riveted.

Edited by Flyinfool