IGNORED

How do you delete Tuvaro

ediddy

I downloaded an update to ccleaner yesterday and a program called Tuvaro has hijacked my home page. Every search I do to find how to remove this programs wants me to download a program to remove it. I'm hesitant to download. Anyone know how to get this program out of my computer? Still using windows XP.

Sorry...forgot to add...in some cases tuvaro also can be initially uninstalled in XP by going to the "programs", "uninstall" area and uninstalling the toolbar which may ahve started your problems. Then use CCleaner to clean the drive and registry.

If still an issue, then try Malwarebytes to see if it picks up anything else.

I don't know if there is a rootkit installed....if so...that may take specific manual work to delete fully.

david

• 2 months later...

Might try, in this order:

RKILL (root kit killer- free,,, stops some processes that hide viruses )

TDSSKiller (similar function -from Kaspersky - free)

Junk Ware Removal Tool (free)

Then use your AV scanner.

These are all free and can download,,, if your PC will let you.

Read up on anything before you use it.

The Junkware removal tool took care of a nasty root level bug, like you have, on my wife's PC that nothing else could find.

I use Avast anti-virus (free) malwarebytes also free and if it still has issues spybot. So far so good. I did get some kind of PIA junkware that downloaded with something else I wanted. you kind of have to watch exactly where and what button you are actually downloading. Some of these bugs are so bad you have to reformat. Most of those I have run across have been imbedded in something and you have no idea. You can also try to restore to previous date, but it sill leaves the junk on there.

Now if they only made some sort of junkware remover for the bloatware on my phone I dont care to have.

About a month ago I had an Adobe update that popped up and it did not want me to cancel so I did the update. It ended up changing my homepage and screwed up several things. I ended up having to go into "programs" and uninstall everything with that date on it. Well, it popped up again this morning and to stop it, I had to go to "task manager", because to "X" out or "cancel" did not work.

What's happening here?

RandyA

I started getting a bunch of malware pop ups and ran everything known to God to clean the stuff off the computer, but it still kept coming back. The hard part was it acted sporadically. We finally nailed the damn thing. My Wi-Fi router had been hacked and the settings had been changed. Went in and changed all the settings back to what they were originally and I'm now running great. So it might be something to look into if you're having a problem getting things back to normal....

We have to be very careful when installing and updating programs

to actually READ each screen before clicking "OK".

Many of these things get installed because the user got tired of

reading and just kept clicking "OK" to get it installed or updated.

Not saying that's what happened here, just stating in happens.