IGNORED

exhaust question

Reinharts are louder than the OEM Road Kings. Alot of guys like the RK as they give it a nice tone without going way loud. For me on a long ride the RK can get annoying. I put mine on, then in a few weeks if I get tired of the roar I can change back to the Yamaha muffs. I took a trip a couple years back with the RK muffs on. 2500 miles and when I got home I couldnt wait to change them back.

I'm hoping to try a set of RK that I have, but haven't figured out how to get rid of the gap between the clamps and stock exhaust yet.

Get an old set of RSV mufflers..cut the tack welds off the cone at front of muffler...reweld them on HD mufflers..did mine and they now look factory .

Skid I wanted to know what they would sound like before I spent the $40 or whatever for the V-Twin clamps that sort of hide the gap. So I used some staninless steel hose clamps. I ride it that way and with the P clamp mount on rear. Trying to convinence myslef I like them before I spend money on clamp I wont need if I dont stay with them. I look for some of the small heat shields like to keep your leg off the pipe. But smallest I have found is like 6"

I've replaced OEM with Road King ones and used the mounting brackets and clamps that I bought on Ebay. I paid more for the brackets and clamps than I paid for the RK mufflers hahaha... Both wife and I liked the sound of the Road King ones over the OEMs - deeper, but not too loud. Sounded like a motorcycle should sound (at least in our opinion). Than a couple of months ago, I got a Screamin' Eagle ones - similar to RK but wider opening (3.5" vs 4") and with turn-down caps. Very similar sound to RK, maybe a bit deeper but a different look with the caps. Like those ones a lot....

If somebody wants the Road King ones I have them for $50.- plus shipping.

The clamps were worth the money - wide, shiny, match the rest of the chrome...

• 11 months later...
I've replaced OEM with Road King ones and used the mounting brackets and clamps that I bought on Ebay. I paid more for the brackets and clamps than I paid for the RK mufflers hahaha... Both wife and I liked the sound of the Road King ones over the OEMs - deeper, but not too loud. Sounded like a motorcycle should sound (at least in our opinion). Than a couple of months ago, I got a Screamin' Eagle ones - similar to RK but wider opening (3.5" vs 4") and with turn-down caps. Very similar sound to RK, maybe a bit deeper but a different look with the caps. Like those ones a lot....

If somebody wants the Road King ones I have them for $50.- plus shipping.

The clamps were worth the money - wide, shiny, match the rest of the chrome...

Where are you located? Any idea for shipping to Stoneham, Ma. 02180

Will any slip on exhaust that fits a Road King fit the RSV? I am seeing some nice ones on Ebay that are not Stock for the RK, but they will fit them. I have a new to me 06 RSV and I need a beefier sounding exhaust without being too loud.

Thanks guys

Any RK slip-on should work as long as they do not have the Cat Converters (some years had them in the slip on, can't remember which year specifically, but the newer ones dont.)

i was given a set off a 2007 RK and the right one has the converter. I searched eBay for the left muffler part number and got one for $30.00 shipped. Now I have two left mufflers which should work fine. I slid them on to see how they sounded and liked what heard so now I will fab up some brackets when I gave time. I think I read the converter is in the right one through 2010 but not sure.

I'm running a set of gutted HD Ultra Classic pipes with baffles from 2 in cobra drag pipes off my 1400 Intruder. I put in K/N air filters on Friday now my Tour Deluxe runs in manner that many describe on this forum, outstanding...

I really feel the power and performance that is in the belly of this iron beast. Power on command and the exhaust note is not over bearing. Harley pipes are a good cost effective way to go.