So the oil get pumped up to the cams and then drips off onto the heads, but where does it go from there???????? I am quite used to looking at automotive heads and there are drain holes to get the oil back into the pan, but I can't seem to find any on a first gen. The reason I'm asking this, is that when I was doing the tappet adjustment, one side of the head was full of oil, so how come, it just can't keep pumping it up there with no place to drain it away. An inquiring mind needs an answer.

The reason I'm asking this, is that when I was doing the tappet adjustment, one side of the head was full of oil, so how come, it just can't keep pumping it up there with no place to drain it away. An inquiring mind needs an answer.

I haven't looked in there, but at the very least there is the cam chain openings, to serve as an oil return route.

Well here you go, we getting so downright bored we have to ask questions and then answer them ourselves, almost. Rocket, you are right. What had me concerned is that I'm used to seeing a drain hole in the top of the head. There are little dams built all over the place and sure enough, the oil flows back into the cam chain recess. This also keeps the valve lifters flooded with oil, which makes sense I guess.

Thanks for the help guys, when I come up with a real difficult one, I'll post some more. In the meantime, which way does the waterpump turn?????????:think::think:

In the meantime, which way does the waterpump turn?????????:think::think:

Carl, I'm not sure, as I haven't had the cover off while motors runnin', but I'm sure it's AROUND IN A CIRCLE!!!!:rotf::rotf:

Sorry Carl, just couldn't help it!! It's raining cats and dogs, tired of this weather, can't finish cleaning motor while it's raining outside (re: Dragonslayers reply to my question in his post on "Getting motor ready for show" I think). GO ahead and get me for this, I deserve it!

Seriously, when I take covers off to do my waterpump rebuild whilst I have the rest of the dang thing torn apart, I will do my best to answer this age old question. INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Best of luck,

Dan

Now what really would pass the test, is if you knew if it runs forwards or backwards, and if it's the same on a first gen as the second gen, or do they run in opposite directions???????

In the meantime, which way does the waterpump turn?????????:think::think:

Carl, I'm not sure, as I haven't had the cover off while motors runnin', but I'm sure it's AROUND IN A CIRCLE!!!!:rotf::rotf:

Sorry Carl, just couldn't help it!! It's raining cats and dogs, tired of this weather, can't finish cleaning motor while it's raining outside (re: Dragonslayers reply to my question in his post on "Getting motor ready for show" I think). GO ahead and get me for this, I deserve it!

Seriously, when I take covers off to do my waterpump rebuild whilst I have the rest of the dang thing torn apart, I will do my best to answer this age old question. INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW!

Best of luck,

Dan

I am quite used to looking at automotive heads and there are drain holes to get the oil back into the pan, but I can't seem to find any on a first gen. .

Carl If you had holes in the head to drain it would end up in the cylinders. See picture below. I know you have the answer but that hole where the chain comes through, is a pretty large hole to miss :rotf:.

Brad

Wow Brad, from the pics, looks like this is a spare motor project. That one piston sure needs cleaned up. I assume that's why the caps are off the cams in pic 1. Looks like a load of fun and I really would like to do that someday. Let us know how it goes!

Dan

That's only in the Northern Hemisphere..........:rotf::rotf:

You may be right.

errrrrrrrrr, wait a Minute ....

as far as i know, those Guys who live in the southern Hemisphere don't ride backwards. But they should, if your Theory is right ...

Carl If you had holes in the head to drain it would end up in the cylinders. See picture below. I know you have the answer but that hole where the chain comes through, is a pretty large hole to miss :rotf:.

Brad

Great pictures of an engine rebuild. Since I have not had one apart it was interesting to see!!!

According to the Coriolis force they're upside down and confused.... :whistling:

Now, that brings up new Qustions ....

Which Way they did take to get there .... meaning cw or ccw ??

You know, this can get really ugly when this terrible Coriolis Force gets in Contact with the Force we all live under and we have to obey under any Circumstances .... Kamm's Circle

Now, that brings up new Qustions ....

Which Way they did take to get there .... meaning cw or ccw ??

You know, this can get really ugly when this terrible Coriolis Force gets in Contact with the Force we all live under and we have to obey under any Circumstances .... Kamm's Circle

You can ask them, but I don't think you're going to get a straight answer.....

Terrible????

You can ask them, but I don't think you're going to get a straight answer.....

Terrible????

Well, i'm not the one who brought up this Issue. So, i expect you to give me the Answers !! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

But, you are right, if i would ask them, the Answer sure wouldn't be straight.

as a Side note, how do you determine the 'wrong' Side of the Road, if the Road is only 2 Yards wide ?

Well, i'm not the one who brought up this Issue. So, i expect you to give me the Answers !! :rotf::rotf::rotf:

But, you are right, if i would ask them, the Answer sure wouldn't be straight.

as a Side note, how do you determine the 'wrong' Side of the Road, if the Road is only 2 Yards wide ?

If you are driving the truck, and he is riding his bicycle, you are right!!!

By the way, you would have to wait till the Bahamians were off their break, or lunch, or siesta, or smoke break or,,,,,,,,,,, till you could even ask the question!!! (Been there, waited on that!)

I AM driving the Truck .... sometimes :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

I happen to own twelve of them. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

OK, it's more the Bank who owns half of them, i'm just the Possesor. :whistling::whistling: :detective: :detective: :detective:

Well, i'm not the one who brought up this Issue. So, i expect you to give me the Answers !! But, you are right, if i would ask them, the Answer sure wouldn't be straight. as a Side note, how do you determine the 'wrong' Side of the Road, if the Road is only 2 Yards wide ?

No, you had to bring up that CW CCW stuff. I'll let you figure it out.... :)

My yard is 80' wide, but I don't see where it has anything to do with a right or wrong side....:detective: Are you hanging out with those folks in the Bahamas??? :moon: :rotf:

We learn more about the elusive Squeeze--- everyday another piece of the puzzle!

Dan

Dan, why do you call me elusive ?

I thought i'm pretty much straight forward Kind of Guy, answer any Question to the best of my Knowledge, may they be challenging or as happened lately, i think he should know this by himself. Sometimes i'm on the wrong Path or i do not find the right Words, but that's normal. At least for me.

I don't care, better to waste Hours of typing technical Info in foreign Language than let somebody down. On non-technical Issue, i may have a different Mind than most of you, but that's human.

No, you had to bring up that CW CCW stuff. I'll let you figure it out.... :)

My yard is 80' wide, but I don't see where it has anything to do with a right or wrong side....:detective: Are you hanging out with those folks in the Bahamas??? :moon: :rotf:

For Heaven's sake NO, i wasn't there and i don't intend to do so. Too warm for me. I prefer a bit colder Areas. Visit Iceland again is on the Plans for the next Years.

I can't figure the Upside down Situation out on my own, that's why i asked you. You seem pretty much familiar with the Situation in the southern half the Planet, so ... i'm waiting .... :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Dan, why do you call me elusive ?

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

Only because you're on the other side of the world, chances are we may never meet and share beers. Or DQ for that matter. I really appreciate the info that you post, as I sure everyone does. And, I have noticed a definate improvement in your English language skills, not to mention your humorous tendancies. In other words, it's great to get to know you better!!

Dan