IGNORED

Pothole Safety

dacheedah

Just a safety reminder, I know it's warming up, river is beginning to flood. That is a good and bad thing, since I live on the river.

The good thing is that floods to me signal the new riding season. This year we had more freeze than in the last ten or so years, we have a 3 mile section of four lane highway closed because of huge potholes, takin car tires out and even some semi's. This is just a safety reminder to pay attention to road condition in addition to weather. We don't want spring excitement to compromise anyone's safety.

Ride safe

Potholes are like mushrooms down heah in Loozeeanner. Sometimes they use the big ones for crawfish ponds....:whistling:

And just fer giggles we git to dodge alligators on de road at night....:rotf:

Boomer....who sez de Loozeeanner Dept. of Total Destruction(Dept. of Transportation) makes more potholes den de weather.

Excellent post Cheeda!! :thumbsup2:

Just last year we had a local biker hit a pot hole on the entrance ramp onto the highway, caused him to lose control, slid out into traffic, cost him his life - WATCH THOSE POT HOLES FOLKS!!!!!

We are still frozen solid around here in West Michigan, with a solid 3 feet of snow/ice and temps going back down close to zero again.. All of us with basements are very concerned with the flooding season coming up and not even really thinking about the pot hole mess yet, but it IS coming.. Indeed, it is gonna be a mess around here this spring!!!

Those asphalt patch guys are gonna have there hands full for sure!!!!! Last year we also had several roads in the area that were so bad with potholes that the local road commission ground em up and put em back to gravel :stirthepot:..

I'm startin to think every once and a while you climb out of a hole to find a high flat spot before returning to the hole. I was at a meeting yesterday and our lovely state was talking about being out of money, we have another artic blast and 10" headed our way this weekend.

Around here we have been using full size vans for fill in the pot holes. The vans have a nice flat roof to help level the road some......

I'm sure glad that I have a big 4x4 truck and a winch, it helps to climb out of the smaller holes..... There is no escaping the big ones.

Milwaukee style pot hole.