IGNORED

Windscreen

Greetings,

I rode my bike today for the first time in the rain and couldn't see through the screen.

Will try some rain repellent to see if that works but if it doesn't then I will be looking for a shorter screen.

I am 5'8" in old money

I found this link.

http://www.ceebaileys.com/yamaha/royalstar05ws.html

Has anyone used this product?

Any feedback is appreciated.

Cheers,

from the land of the blazing hot sun

:225:

I have an RSV but had the simular problem. I happened to have a used memphis shades windshield (simular in style to yours) from a former bike. I took mine out after measuring about where I wanted it heigth wise. Layed the other shield with the top where I marker it and cut it off.

Your options are cutting of the one you have, or ordering a new one. Now the Yamaha one is sure to be pricey. But there may be like a national cycle and some of the other ones that will fit. Cee Bailes certainly makes quality stuff if you go that route. If you decide to cut yours down there are lots of threads and even some vidieos on you tube showing how.

Greetings from the land of Racehorses whiskey and wild, wild woman!!

I simply bought a oem 13', wide windscreen that I can see over. I put the taller windscreen on

in the winter and follow the "No W&W rule"(Windy or wet)

RIDE SAFE WITH THE WIND AT YOUR BACK AND THE SUN IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!! (OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY AROUND????)

:whistling:

Just looked at the Clear View Shield website. It says my stock windshield is 18.5" but when I measure from the bottom of the windshield, just below the chrome strip and bolt, I get a little over 19.5". Am I supposed to measure from the top of the chrome mounting?

I want 3 inches below where it is now, not 4. Got to order this week, $34 discount going on right now to start the new year. Don't want to miss that.

Just looked at the Clear View Shield website. It says my stock windshield is 18.5" but when I measure from the bottom of the windshield, just below the chrome strip and bolt, I get a little over 19.5". Am I supposed to measure from the top of the chrome mounting?

I want 3 inches below where it is now, not 4. Got to order this week, $34 discount going on right now to start the new year. Don't want to miss that.

Better check the Clearview site, I think you are supposed to measure from your gas tank straight up to get height. Clearview says its something about their windshield angle and the recurve that you cant measure the regular way.

Brian

I have a 17" Clearview with the recurve and it works great. I am 5'11", but only a 30" in seam, so I have a long back but relatively short legs. I too measured my original at 19.5". At 17" the wind is about an inch above my head if I put my hand up in the air stream and on level ground I have looking over the top of the windshield. Also, I ordered the optional vent. My advice there is not to bother. With it open and running 50 mph I can feel the wind when my hand is within 4" of the vent. I notice no difference whatsoever in comfort on hot days. I thought I would experiment by getting it, but I won't bother next time. R.

Next question: I've read one negative and a couple positive about the recurve. Anyone else have an opinion on it? I want to look over the shield as I anticipate fog and moisture on the upcoming ride.

had a 'spoiler' shield on my v-star that I looked over and it worked so much better than a stock flat shield. spoiler actually throws the air up and over which reduces buffeting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Loving the new shield!! 3" shorter, 4" wider, slightly tinted. Much better than stock, even for my wife behind me. I forgot how nice it was to see over the windshield. The wider width makes the lowers look more normal to me. Only problem now... I didn't put on the wider windshield lowers that came with the new shield because I could not bring myself to take off the chrome lowers. I'm sure I will try them or find away to put them with the chrome.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2uqouao.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/2gtt9he.jpg

:usa: