IGNORED

It's Official - IBA Member 33089

RedRider

It is official. My ride last year from Fond du Lac, WI to Charleston, SC - 1000+ miles in 24 hours for the SaddleSore1000 and the additional 500 miles the next day to complete 1500+ miles in 36 hours for the BunBurner1500 - has been accepted by the Iron Butt Association as valid.

I can now claim to have buns of steel - no matter how they look in Spandex.

WooHoo!!!

RedRider

I can now claim to have buns of steel - no matter how they look in Spandex.

WooHoo!!!

RedRider

OWWW MY EYES!!! I'M BLIND...I'M BLIND!

I didn't need that mental image!

So all you have to do is ride 1500 miles in 36 hours? Piece o Cake.....:whistling:

At about 893 miles you "Buns of Steel" start to feel like the biggest blister ever imagined!!! About 1000 miles everything goes numb!!!!

CONGRATS RED!!!!!! Welcome aboard... :thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

OWWW MY EYES!!! I'M BLIND...I'M BLIND!

I didn't need that mental image!

Go ahead and let him wear Spandex ! And then let him ride along a HD rider and say "Hi there Big Boy !" and wink . I'll think we will see a whole new attitude ....:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::stirthepot::stirthepot:

BEER30

Thanks all.

To Capnmidnight: You need to document your ride with a witness form at the beginning and at the end, along with gas receipts along the way. Submit the witness forms, receipts, and a map outlining your ride (along with a few dollars) to the Iron Butt Association. They review it, confirm it, and approve it. There are many levels of IB rides. This is just the intro ride. They only get better from here. If you want to check it out http://www.ironbutt.com

Ultimately, it would be fun to do the IB rally. However, I don't see that happening for quite a while.

To Starbog: It took from about October until yesterday to get the certificate approved. An email was sent to me yesterday advising me of acceptance, but it will take another couple of weeks for the paperwork to get to me (certificate and license plate backer). The friend I ran it with may also want to try a next level run this summer (1500 mile in 24 hours). It may require some alteration like an auxilliary gas tank, but we may go for it. May you be interested in joining us?

The Venture is a great bike to do this on. At the end of a long run, I am still ready to do more.

RR