IGNORED

Slip Stream Baggershield

smitdog1634

I purchased the baggershield this summer for my 99 RSV. Company was great to work with. Arrived when they said it would. The fit was perfect. Wife says there is less wind buffeting than with the stock windshield. I think it looks great on the bike. No complaints.:cool10:

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Bluestreak

After reading up on several likes of the Bagger Shield. I also was looking at this Tri-Pouch. I have emailed talked with bigbikeparts to see if the dimensions were right for the bagger shield as it is primarily for Goldwings. They are supposed to email dimensions. However someone could surely make one.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=H50-108BK&GroupGuid=16#H50-108BKGallery[pp_gal]/0/

I don't like it in the rain the top part does not get proper windflow to keep it clear

Ha...

Neither does a stock shield...

Going to try and attach a small wind deflector to top part of smoked windshield to help clear rain. I love mine except for the rain drops.

Not sure how F4s are in the rain?

After reading up on several likes of the Bagger Shield. I also was looking at this Tri-Pouch. I have emailed talked with bigbikeparts to see if the dimensions were right for the bagger shield as it is primarily for Goldwings. They are supposed to email dimensions. However someone could surely make one.

http://www.bigbikeparts.com/templates/product.aspx?ProductGuid=H50-108BK&GroupGuid=16#H50-108BKGallery[pp_gal]/0/

Hi Mark

Can you please post again if you do find out this bag will fit a "Venture Bagger Shield"?!

Thanks Dave.

Guest Bluestreak
Hi Mark

Can you please post again if you do find out this bag will fit a "Venture Bagger Shield"?!

Thanks Dave.

I have not yet received my bagger shield but here is the reply from bigbikeparts on the dimensions of the tri-pouch.

"Dear Mark,

The tri-pouch measures 11” from center hole in the middle of pouch to middle of slot on each side. The slot is approx. 5/8” wide."

Someone who already has a bagger shield please let us know if this will fit.

thanks

Mark

Guest Bluestreak
Hi Mark

Thanks Dave.

Have not yet taken it for a spin.

Dave it appears that the measurement from center mount to the side mounts is 8 3/4 ". So this tri-pouch would not be a fit without modification. I will look at one or a similar one in stock somewhere. I'm sure one could fashion something to fit as there appears to be enough room and the mounts appear sturdy enough to support.

Mark

I have one on my '05 RSV. Not crazy about it. Am going to be trying the clearview shield after talking to Craig who runs the operation. The thing I like about the clearview is they are contoured with a slight spoiler lip at the top that should do better at lifting the air up and over while still being able to see over the shield. Had a spoiler shield on my V-Star that I liked a lot, not buffeting and did a good job in the rain.

I have one on our 99 rsv. Seems to work as good or better then the stock shield in the rain. Only problem I'm having is the chrome trim piece on top of the fairing will not lock in properly. The baggershield must be a little thicker then the stock shield.

I have one on our 99 rsv. Seems to work as good or better then the stock shield in the rain. Only problem I'm having is the chrome trim piece on top of the fairing will not lock in properly. The baggershield must be a little thicker then the stock shield.

Are you sure the tabs on the chrome piece are not broken?

That seems to be the only issue with the chrome piece not "locking" in.

VentureFar...

I purchased the baggershield this summer for my 99 RSV. Company was great to work with. Arrived when they said it would. The fit was perfect. Wife says there is less wind buffeting than with the stock windshield. I think it looks great on the bike. No complaints.:cool10:

Jim

Hey Jim, do you have the 8.5" to 13.5" or the bigger one 10.5" to 16.5"? Want the smaller one but also want the wife to be comfy.

Edited by Ion

Are you sure the tabs on the chrome piece are not broken?

That seems to be the only issue with the chrome piece not "locking" in.

VentureFar...

Tabs are not broken. I seem to remember another post about this problem. Seems several other members have had the same problem.

didn't have that problem on mine. I did find the plastic tabs at the left side cracked, flexing too much. I made metal ones and haven't had any issues at all.

Because I'm a shorty plus my riding position is not necessarily the most proper as I curve my back, I'm afraid I won't be able to see over the shield even without the extension on!! :shock3:

If I recall correctly the stock shield is 15.5" from the top of the chrome trim to the top of the shield? Please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Does anyone know on the 10.5 to 16.5 how tall the bottom part (without the extension on) is from trim to the top once installed?