IGNORED

Part Numbers

Marcarl

There used to be a thread somewhere, and now I can't find it, but it showed what the different parts of the part numbers indicated. Wonder if someone has that info and would like to share it with the rest of us. Course then we would all know and the person giving out the info would not have one up on the rest of us anymore. Nahhhh,,,don't think that's a problem around here, sometimes more info is given than really needed and I won't say pin,,,,,

Are you talking about for the entire bike? There is a thread here if you are:

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2482

Nope, not what I'm looking for.

Example: part # 26H-16150-00-00

26H -stands for something

16150 - indicates something else

00 - tells us other important information

00 - tells something else entirely

On the Parts Number the first three Digits indicate the Bike which used the Part first Time. next 5 Numbers are the Parts-No itself. Next two Digits indicate superceeded or modified Parts. Last two Digits ... don't know. This applies to Parts. Nuts, Bolts, Seals are specified different.

e.g.

1FK-14940-09-00

'1FK' = Vmax

'14940' = Partsnumber

'09' is the Number for a superceeded Part.

I have a Document about it somewhere on my Computer at home, might bring it in tonight.

On this subject....sorta. Wasn't there a data base that show'd part numbers, and what bike and years they would fit?? A cross reference?? Man, something like that, available on the board, would be awsome. I thought there was someone selling on Ebay that had it available on CD, but I haven't noticed a listing for quite a while....

On this subject....sorta. Wasn't there a data base that show'd part numbers, and what bike and years they would fit?? A cross reference?? Man, something like that, available on the board, would be awsome. I thought there was someone selling on Ebay that had it available on CD, but I haven't noticed a listing for quite a while....

Yeah, it was from Canada, 24.99 USD available also via Ebay. I have the Link at Home also.

How does this work? I see numbers in columns and at the top Japanese I can't read.:confused24::detective:

The number to the left is the first three digits of the part number and the next is the model it first appeared on. If you go down to the 26H you'll see 1200TD listed after it. Kinda cool. I copied the pics to a file. Another piece of yamaha info that may come in handy down the road...

Edit... I have the price list for 2002 in .Pdf format. It covers everything yamaha made, and most of it I can figure out but.... there's a column with A,B,C, D etc. Anyone know what that letter refers to????

4TV-Y283U-70-3X PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-80-0X PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-L0-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-M0-4B PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-N0-7X PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-V0-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 B 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-X0-P4 PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 C 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283U-Y0-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 1 A 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283V-1A-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 2 A 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283V-1B-9X PANEL ASSEMBLY 2 A 1 322.14 197.71

4TV-Y283V-1F-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 2 N 1 366.42 219.85

4TV-Y283V-1G-1Y PANEL ASSEMBLY 2 O 1 366.42 219.85

4TV-Y283V-1J-P3 PANEL ASSEMBLY 2 P 1 366.42 219.85

Now that is all good info, and just what I was looking for. Now another question: the part number I posted is for the clutch basket for an 85 (Flatout) but the 02 lists it with a 10 in the third section instead of a 00. The 2002 is also $40.00 cheaper???????????:think::think:

Now that is all good info, and just what I was looking for. Now another question: the part number I posted is for the clutch basket for an 85 (Flatout) but the 02 lists it with a 10 in the third section instead of a 00. The 2002 is also $40.00 cheaper???????????:think::think:

And you're questioning all this because of ?

The -10 indicates that this is a revised or superseded Part. Also, maybe the Answer to why some 2Gen are whining loud.

For me, the only Reason to think about a new Clutch Basket is because the Splines of the Friction Plates have abused the Fingers that much that they cannot move anymore without locking into the Grooves they grinded. But in that Case, i'd take my Dremel out and flatten the Surfaces of the Fingers and be done it for Years. Or, i would put the Basket on my Mill and milled them down to even.

Only real Problem when the inner Part has the same Kind of Problem where the Steel Plates engage. This might be the Point where i would buy a new Part. but only the inner Hub.

Guest maddabber

If you had numbered your parts when you took them off you would not be in this mess. Just remember the first part off in the last part on.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::whistling::confused24:

If you had numbered your parts when you took them off you would not be in this mess. Just remember the first part off in the last part on.

:rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::whistling::confused24:

Ah now you tell me, you're taking all the fun out of it for Wayne, he doesn't know where anything goes, but then neither do I. Know one thing though, I'll be a lot sooner where I was later before.

And you're questioning all this because of ?

The -10 indicates that this is a revised or superseded Part. Also, maybe the Answer to why some 2Gen are whining loud.

For me, the only Reason to think about a new Clutch Basket is because the Splines of the Friction Plates have abused the Fingers that much that they cannot move anymore without locking into the Grooves they grinded. But in that Case, i'd take my Dremel out and flatten the Surfaces of the Fingers and be done it for Years. Or, i would put the Basket on my Mill and milled them down to even.

Only real Problem when the inner Part has the same Kind of Problem where the Steel Plates engage. This might be the Point where i would buy a new Part. but only the inner Hub.

ORRRR because someone with big fingers and too much enthusiasm may have hmmmm .. ...

Now in need of new clutch basket to put Scamper back together

ORRRR because someone with big fingers and too much enthusiasm may have hmmmm .. ...

Now in need of new clutch basket to put Scamper back together

As Carl has had explained in the other Thread .. S..t happens ....

Oh well, i'm going to tell you what i have screwed up in Life being over Enthusiastic or just plain dumb. :confused24::confused24::confused24: :detective::detective::detective: :sick::sick::sick:

NOT !!!!! :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

As Carl has had explained in the other Thread .. S..t happens ....

Oh well, i'm going to tell you what i have screwed up in Life being over Enthusiastic or just plain dumb. :confused24::confused24::confused24: :detective::detective::detective: :sick::sick::sick:

NOT !!!!! :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

What????????you were born to??????????????:rotf::rotf:

What????????you were born to??????????????:rotf::rotf:

Yes Carl, i'm soooooo sorry to say, but i claim to be born, not to be sent from outer Space to make you feel unhappy. :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

And NO, i'm not saying that i'm born to screw Things up ......

It may be later than i said but here's the Link for further Research ...

Also, not from Canada, but anyway ...

Thanks for the link Squeeze. I'm wavering on whether to pop for it.... or not. I just wish it didn't have everything Yamaha made and just dealt with motorcycles. But then again maybe there are parts from a snowmobile that fit a YZ something???:detective:

Finally, i found the Description of the Parts Numbers on my old Computer.

See the Attachment for further Reference.

I was was right about the Cross Reference Program. The Website is *.com but the Home Adress of the Company is in Canada.

Man, does it feel good if Memory serves right, sometimes ... :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf:

SQUEEZE!!! Turn your monitor back upright! My necks killing me from looking at this thing sideways!!

LOL

Dan

Dan, when it opens click on the view tab at the top and it should give you a rotate feature. It does make things easier....