IGNORED

Minnesota Meet and Greet/Eat

Sexagenarian

So I see from the archives there has been a couple since 2009... With both my wife and I being new to this hobby, I thought it would be great to get one scheduled around the end of April or the first of part of May in 2014. We are always looking to enjoy good times with new friends.. So either I can start organizing one, or I will gladly step aside if one of you who have already had one, want to organize another. We can use this thread to getting 'er started... Yah, shure, you betcha by golly!!

So I see from the archives there has been a couple since 2009... With both my wife and I being new to this hobby, I thought it would be great to get one scheduled around the end of April or the first of part of May in 2014. We are always looking to enjoy good times with new friends.. So either I can start organizing one, or I will gladly step aside if one of you who have already had one, want to organize another. We can use this thread to getting 'er started... Yah, shure, you betcha by golly!!

You started it. I suggest you keep it going and we will help you as you go along. Look in the members list of people here in MN and possible surrounding states and start there. I can lend a hand as needed and share my thoughts on the subject. Others will chime in too.

Things to consider"

one day affair or multiple days

camping over night

place to work indoor/outdoor

tools needed

friends to help, it is a lot to do without help.

food/cooking/etc

I know from Pork in the Pines there is a lot of thing going on in the background that people don't realize.

Bubber :Avatars_Gee_George:

You started it. I suggest you keep it going and we will help you as you go along. Look in the members list of people here in MN and possible surrounding states and start there. I can lend a hand as needed and share my thoughts on the subject. Others will chime in too.

Things to consider"

one day affair or multiple days

camping over night

place to work indoor/outdoor

tools needed

friends to help, it is a lot to do without help.

food/cooking/etc

I know from Pork in the Pines there is a lot of thing going on in the background that people don't realize.

Bubber :Avatars_Gee_George:

Bubber,

I think he is talking about a Meet and Eat rather than a Maintenance Day. Like we try and do at the Purple Dragon (or wherever) every now-n-then

I could be wrong though....

Bubber,

I think he is talking about a Meet and Eat rather than a Maintenance Day. Like we try and do at the Purple Dragon (or wherever) every now-n-then

I could be wrong though....

Yes, I was talking about a meet and eat at this time. But I know previously I had discussed a maintenance day for minnesota. Sorry about the confusion. I am open to either concept. I believe P-I-Pines is both, is it not? The tentative date(s) will be the weekend before the fishing opener. For those of you still lucky enough to have your mother, it is also the weekend before mothers day. If meet and eat only, then Saturday the 3rd of May, 2014. If maintenance day is included, we could possibly go the 3rd and 4th. On a maintenance day, would access to a lift be necessary? I do NOT have one. Typically, what kind of maintenance does everyone usually perform on these days? Oil changes, brakes, carb tuning? Sorry all, but I am so new to this concept that I haven't a clue at this time. But then again, this is why we have all winter to get me educated on this, right? :happy65: I am hoping there will always be new riders joining this great forum. And I know there will be others like me that want to get a group together. Hopefully, someone else will be able to use this thread as a resource to start a similar project in their area.

A M&E (Meet & Eat) can be anything from pick a time and restaurant to meet at for a couple of hours and then everyone goes their own way after, to something that you might want to host and cook and have people over, or anything in between.

I do a M&E in March just to get out of the house for those of us suffering from PMS. It is rare that anyone is able to ride a bike to it, but it is still fun to get together. I just make a reservation at a local restaurant that I know will not have a problem with us sitting around for a few hours BSing, some restaurants do not like that, they want you in and out quick. Usually around 1 or 2 in the afternoon on a Saturday, most restaurants will welcome the business of having warm bodies in the place and a full parking lot.

so the following went out to all the registered Minnesota members. If I inadvertently forgot to pm this to someone in Minnesota I apologize. I have not yet started the neighboring states/provinces as I do not know how large to make this:

------

Hello, my name is Wayne and I have decided to organize a meet and eat for Minnesota riders. I am sending this to all the members listed in the Minnesota section of this forum.

This could also be a maintenance day if enough interest is generated. The tentative date is the weekend before mothers day which would be the 3rd of May, 2014. I have never organized one of these before so patience is required. :thumbsup2: For the meet and eat, I am leaning towards a cook out in a community park along the Mississippi river with Burgers, Brats, whatever, or meet at a local eatery. If scheduled with a maintenance day, we could make it a weekend function. What type of maintenance would you like to

see offered or included? Let me know your thoughts before we make this official and place it on the forum calendar. Your input is greatly needed at this time. Thank you in advance for your reply which can either be a message to me or you can add your thoughts/suggestions to the original thread located here: Minnesota get together

--Wayne

I would be game for it. I think if it is going to be the first weekend in May, the a restaurant might be better idea with the was our Mays have been lately. And I think this would be one I would be able to attend also as I usually am free that weekend it seems.

If a maintenance day or weekend, I would l think a early June would work.

Just my thoughts.

Rick F.

What are you going to call the event,"Wayne's World" ??????

...Hey... not too bad an idea :crackup:...But I think 'borrowing' the name, "Minnesota get together" is friendlier.

If I live in ND, but work in MN, does that count?!?

Like to attend if the schedule allows..

---Yup, Everyone is welcome !! After all, if they take those signs down which mark the beginning and ending of the State boundary lines, nobody would ever know when they have left one state and entered another.

I would be game for it. I think if it is going to be the first weekend in May, then a restaurant might be a better idea with the way our Mays have been lately. And I think this would be one I would be able to attend also as I usually am free that weekend it seems....

Rick F.

I'm up for it. I agree with cimmer that a restaurant may be more of a sure thing that early in May. If it ends up looking like a great day there's nothing to stop us from taking the loooong way

Thanks for the input so far.... As Cimmer and jwcutler have mentioned, weather in May in Minnesota just might not be cooperative. Especially last year when the fishing opener included ice augers :mad: ... Hopefully the weather should be known three to four weeks in advance of May 3rd. We will keep both options open until then. Keep the ideas flowing everyone...

well heres my thoughts on this....yes to any ideas and I will help out where I can if you need a lift or not I got one usually need two days for maintance unless it`s minor stuff and we will need good weather. The meet and eat would be easier to put together that early in the season. I`m willing to help in anyway I can.just let me know. how many of us are there in minnesnowta........and surrounding?:cool10:

According to the listing of members in Minnesota alone there are 67 some of which are trial members.

Big question is ...is there a place (pole barn, garage, or other structure) to perform maintenance on bikes and have them secure if they don't get finished on the first day?

I suggest that we start a list of specialty tools that are available so we can determine what we are capable of doing.

Tools I have:

neck spanner wrench

MC lift

carb tune

Also are there any experts in:

electrical wiring

brakes (replacing hoses & bleeding them)

clutch replacement

There is a start, I think.

You could keep the listing off line to keep the list a little cleaner as far as who has what.

Bubber

• 5 months later...