IGNORED

Rider Error - Dressed for the slide, not the ride

Huggy

Not that it makes any difference to the crash...........this could happen to anyone.

But "HE" is a "SHE"......."Belt drive Betty" is Renee.

Takes a lot of guts for her to post this.....check out her other post when you look at this one, you'll see she has done a lot of riding by the looks of it. Her one of pouring rain on the Trans Canada reminds my of a ride I did this summer, nasty conditions to ride in.

I think in this video of the crash she admits that she was looking around, off to the right and not paying attention to what was in front of her.

Your absolutely right Tooch!! The whole reason that she posted the video is to show that no matter how experienced a rider you are it only takes a moment of inattention to get yourself into a whole heap of trouble! :yikes:

Yesterday, as I was riding home from where I spent the rest of the week hunting, I was keeping my eye on a dog on the right side of the road...only to discover another one IN the road just beyond the first one I saw. Looked like the second was trying to "join" the first; fortunately he took a short detour to avoid me. Just another reminder to not focus too long on one thing...could'a been a mess.

Worst motorcycle wreck I was in caused by a dog darting to get with his aggressive buddy. I was watching my arch nemesis and the other dog who over the years had never bothered me decided to dart across at the last instance. I was 27 st the time, young and nimble, did the wrong thing and reflex action tried to swerve instead of taking him straight on. I went down at 35 mph, launched over the handlebars. Tucked and rolled with nothing broke but almost wished i had. Every part of my body felt like a steam roller went over me for a week.

Flash forward 20 years on an evening ride when 2 deer teleport in front of me. I learned after the dog no swerving. Darn the torpedoes full speed ahead. Was on an 85 goldwing that time. Felt like a mechanical bull, but I kept the bike up, the deer on the other hand did not fair well.

Sent from my S758 using Tapatalk

Even paying attention and having 40 plus year experience won't always help. the last time i went down is was becuase some car had puked about 2 gallons of fresh green antifreeze on the downhill slope of the interstate exit ramp. back tire went left front ite went right, i'm on my back doing 45 with my feet up just in case the bike stops sliding before i do. I still have that leather jacket by the way