IGNORED

Help On Bolts Under Running Lights

Trying to remove the two bolts that hold running light so I can get fairing off. One on left facing lights broke loose but the right side different. Not enough room to get 6mm T bar in the bolt far enough to get super hold and so far what amount of hold I got has yielded nothing bolt stuck. Sprayed with liquid wrench no help. Seems it need a allen wrench bent just a little so it will go into bolt deep enough to stand the amount of pressure needed to break it loose can not find right tool so may have to try and heat and bend allen my self. Any help or suggestions appreciated just no room if you try to move allen upwards to go into bolt hole it hits bottom of fairing and I don't want to mess that up. Very tight spot so if anyone has had this problem and got an idea please pass it along to me. Will try again this afternoon to get it loose.

I use a ball head Allen wrench. Then I use a large box wrench for additional leverage. I slide the large 9/16 box wrench over the short end of the Allen and use it like a lever. Has always worked for me. Just be careful not to strip things.

Mike

I have tried taking all the bolts out of fairing but it still will not move up light bar too close it has to come forward and up just will not do that. I am going to try the ball head allen wrench and see if that will work sure hope so running out of things to do to get that right bolt out. Thought about dine-o-mite but makes my ears ring lol. Thanks for all suggestions will continue to work on that bolt.

I use a ball head Allen wrench. Then I use a large box wrench for additional leverage. I slide the large 9/16 box wrench over the short end of the Allen and use it like a lever. Has always worked for me. Just be careful not to strip things.

Mike

Ya that. :goodpost:

Using a ball head is the best solution to get it out. :322: