IGNORED

Finally got surgery date

motorcycletom

Well my surgeon called and gave me my date for my back surgery on December 13. Yes it is Friday 13th. I will be glad to see this day get here. My back is getting worse by the day. I put the bike away last month because I did not feel comfortable riding it anymore with my back.

Here is some back ground on why I need surgery:

Amy and I were rear ended last December as we were stopped to pull into the driveway to our park. I was in the hospital for 4 days had a silent heart attack, a new stint in my heart and a lot of back pain. Once I got out I went to a chiropractor but that was not helping. So then went to my primary doctor and he sent me for X-Rays and MRI. They found 2 herniated disks and 2 bulging disks L3 & L4. Then was sent to a neurosurgeon and he did more x-rays and found a fracture in L3 and L4. I will have 2 rods and 4 screws in my back and hope the pain is gone. I have talked to many people that have had back surgery and have heard good and bad. So I am hoping mine will be good. :thumbsup2:

keep the thoughts positive and good luck, I know several people that has had back surgery and did real well with it the only ones I know that has not done good did not listen and do what the doctor said.

+1 on that. If you trust your surgeon to open you up, then by golly at least trust him to follow his recovery advise. Good luck. Keep us posted

Tom

I had this exact surgery a year ago last July, Two nights in the hospital and as soon as I could I was up and walking (shuffling) as best I could. I feel good and the back pain is gone. I couldn't drive for six weeks and could not understand why, until the Dr. gave me the go ahead and drive, You do a lot of turning when you drive. Like the others have said do what the Dr says. I know a guy who had the same surgery and did not do what he was told. He was into a walker and cane for a while.

Do what the Dr says

I have been very healthy during my life so I don't have alot to compare too, but when my back is hurting I can't do anything. Seems like everything I move hurts. And if I feel like I have a sneeze coming it is shear terror. I can't imagine what your enduring. Praying for the best in surgery and recovery, along with your care givers. hang in there brother.