IGNORED

FJR Ride Impressions

Wade 2000

Yesterday my Brother rode up from WV on his new Yamaha FJR. He traded a bueatiful Roadstar 1700 for it about a month ago and he is not missing the cruiser. I personally prefer the classic cruiser style, that said I am objective when it comes to power, handling, and comfort.

So being the" good brother" I offered to give my $0.02 in the form of a ride review. First impression of style is that it has a lot of plastic where the chrome is supposed to be. A few revs and down the road I go, my feet swimming for the pegs that are behind me instead of out front. Once I shift up and feed it fuel I'm grinning ear to ear. This thing has tons of HP, effortless input through the curves. The seat is very comfortable and the foot position is not like a RSV but not bad once I got used to it. The controls are easy to operate and it has two decent size side hardbags with liners. I did enjoy the adjustable power windshield, the quiet ride, and smooth power delivery.

After we returned my brother asked my opinion so I asked, do you like an Escalade or a Corvette? Both are awesome rides but how can you compare? The best thing would be get one of each:fingers-crossed-emo if that is not possible ride both and which ever one gives you the biggest smile:big-grin-emoticon: is your style.

This got me looking at the FJR's. It seems there were several changes for 2013. Improved rings and cylinder walls for better reliability. 3 more hp. cruise control. dual-mode performance computer, ie: cruising or power, modified exhaust. slightly different look to the front fairing. Its hard to tell from the pictures.

That said, there are some very good deals on NOS 2012's out there.

:cool10:

First and only bike I have seen that I like besides my RSTD. So I am curious of the pros and cons of an FJR. I know our engine is rated for 200,000 miles, etc. I know nothing about an FJR? I mean, How come Freebird choose a Gold Wing instead of an FJR? He did choose a Gold Wing, right?!

FJR is a good bike, I have test ridden on Yamaha days a couple times. I compare it to the Concourse I had for a while and it wins hands down. It is a "sport touring" bike and if that is what you like for long term great. For Long rides I will take my Ventures, had 1st gen now second... either is great and I have my V-Strom for more fun times and daily ride year round.

First and only bike I have seen that I like besides my RSTD. So I am curious of the pros and cons of an FJR. I know our engine is rated for 200,000 miles, etc. I know nothing about an FJR? I mean, How come Freebird choose a Gold Wing instead of an FJR? He did choose a Gold Wing, right?!

He's probably too old for a FJR; like me but I still ride a FJR because I still have a really great grip for hangin on under WOT. And no comparison to any Harley. It is strictly a sport tourer.

He's probably too old for a FJR; like me but I still ride a FJR because I still have a really great grip for hangin on under WOT. And no comparison to any Harley. It is strictly a sport tourer.

I know I am gonna regret asking! But "WOT"?

Last visit to a military post makes me feel old. The acronyms I hear there are not the same as when I was there!