IGNORED

Comcast vs Direct TV

GolfVenture

I agree, had Direct TV for 15 years and they just kept charging more and more and more. I told them I was a loyal customer and I wanted the same price that new customers were getting and all they would do was knock 10 dollars off of my bill so I told them to piss off! They used to have the best customer service out there, now just like everyone else, you have to talk to someone that can't speak a lick of English when you call. They will never see another dime from me guaranteed. They still send me letters saying they want me back and ive been gone for 4-5 years now. I like my cable better now anyway because it never goes out, especially during severe weather when you need it most. They lost a good customer!

Hey, do you think that they do better in another language????

WRONG

The only reason I had DirectTV is because the family wanted to watch some channels from Argentina. Now with Roku is time to say good bye to the dish....

is 89$/month vs 18$/month. The only problem is that Comcast sometime interferes my reception, since they 're pushing Xfinity...

Hey, do you think that they do better in another language????

WRONG

The only reason I had DirectTV is because the family wanted to watch some channels from Argentina. Now with Roku is time to say good bye to the dish....

is 89$/month vs 18$/month. The only problem is that Comcast sometime interferes my reception, since they 're pushing Xfinity...

I don't know if they do any better or not but at least you can understand them. I hate that bullsh*t! This is America and I think it is shameful for an American company to put their customer service centers in India to save a few dollars sorry. When I call my cable company I get to talk to an American, at least for now....they probably will sell out also eventually. This country is in sad shape and about ready to hit rock bottom because of sh*t like this and I am sick of it. I bet if you did a survey that it pisses off 95 out of 100 people when they call and have to deal with someone who can't speak English when they are trying to get help with something.

• 2 months later...

So I have been entertaining the idea of scrapping comcast. I had HD DVR with triple play I think it is. I have internet (the mid speed it cost me extra) phone and cable TV. So I got some flyers in the mail the other day from dish and direct. Both offer an all in one program. So how is thier internet? Is it subcontracted thru someone else like century link or comcast? I had DSL before comcast and part of the reason I switched is because the DSL couldnt be consistant with internet. Some days speed was good others the game I was using would drop out. It looks to be cheaper to go the sattelite route. But they also dont show the cost for the rental on the DVR box after the "special" or the phone equipment converter thing or extra room outlet boxs etc.

Have had them for 12 years now. and I get even better rates then a new customer these days, you call and say cancel then you get a US speaking agent. they have always been nice to me. and my bill with most everything and free movie channels is around $69 a month. I call every year and have them credit back to me like free DVR service or HD yadda yadda yadda. works for me every year. I have had nothing but great experiences from them . they also just upgraded me with the Gene with one Tara bite system and whole home. even threw a mini Gene in the Garage for me. no charge. we have 4 DVR's

as well.

Note: DISH was the WORST customer service I ever had in my life. THEY SUCK (there I said it) :rasberry:

Love Direct TV, but like others have said, they like to ratchet up the price... they all do this

Cascable is the worst for this.

now Direct Tv has 2 year locked in rates.

At end of 2 year contract, drop it, wait 24 hrs and wallah...your a new customer and get NFL Sunday ticket free..

Can't beat cable for internet. altough they don't offer upper tier unless you bundle.

Frontier phone co. is going to offer internet in 3 week. Will have to see what they can offer...

I had Verizon DSL and never had a problem. Once Frontier took it over, it was OK for a while and then became terrible. Constantly dropping out and I had to cycle the modem on and off multiple times a day to restore service. It may be OK where you are but I recently dropped them and went with Armstrong cable in my area. I am very happy with them so far.

I wouldn't like resetting a modem multiple times in a day to get it to work...

Had cascable and dropped the phone and tv service yesterday. Still have internet thru them but they dropped me from the fastest to the next step down, because of not being bundled.

Could try frontier and if it doesn't work out, could go back to cascable internet as neither the phone or cable companies have contracts. direct tv has a two year contract

I wish we could get Verizon. I have a very limited channel set up with DISH after I dropped them because of the price. They called back offered me a deal and I took it. Free over the air antenna around here is a bit rough. Some channels are ok others not so good. So I'll keep the basic satellite for now. We also have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. I'm about to drop the home phone and upgrade my internet with them. My phone bill went up and I'm not sure why. So they can kiss my lilly white behind. The local cable company is the pits. So basically you get an antenna or you do Dish or Direct. I guess that's better then no choices, but not much. The worst part is paying for channels and getting a bunch of crap channels you don't want. With Netflix and others starting to push more into the traditional TV viewers I see more folks willing to cut the cord. I'd like to think that would make these companies think better of the way they treat us, but not gonna happen.

Margaret

I wish we could get Verizon. I have a very limited channel set up with DISH after I dropped them because of the price. They called back offered me a deal and I took it. Free over the air antenna around here is a bit rough. Some channels are ok others not so good. So I'll keep the basic satellite for now. We also have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon prime. I'm about to drop the home phone and upgrade my internet with them. My phone bill went up and I'm not sure why. So they can kiss my lilly white behind. The local cable company is the pits. So basically you get an antenna or you do Dish or Direct. I guess that's better then no choices, but not much. The worst part is paying for channels and getting a bunch of crap channels you don't want. With Netflix and others starting to push more into the traditional TV viewers I see more folks willing to cut the cord. I'd like to think that would make these companies think better of the way they treat us, but not gonna happen.

Margaret

Margaret,

With a good antenna and rotor, you should be able to get these channels:

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

***EDIT****

After you enter your address and select "Go", enlarge map and move your home balloon to your exact location. Colored boxes will appear on left side. Left mouse click on TV station in each of these boxes and lines will be drawn on map. this will help with pointing a directional antenna utilizing a rotor. Just remember it's the tail of the antenna that is pointed toward the TV station, not, the point...

***END EDIT***

Most local channels here in WV are broadcasting in HD...

A good antenna could also be a older 16' Channel Master with rotor like I have... some say it better than the HD antennas...

You don't necessarily have buy a NeW compact HD antenna..

Edited by CaptainJoe

I remember when I lived in Oklahoma. If I was REAL lucky we could get 4 channels over the air. 2 in Lawton OK 1 in Witcha Falls Tx and 1 in Amarillo, oh yea and the PBS out of OKC. Now to get some of them I had the TV antenna pole marked and I would have to manualy move it to get channels to come in. Then I finnaly bought one of them big 10" mesh dish's. At that time ESPN, HBO cina max etc were all unscrambled. Where I live now I dont know what I would get in my area.

This is a very good thread for me as my Comcast just went up about $25 and when I questioned it, they told me it was going up another $25 in March. They said I was getting discounts. My frustration is sitting here going through channels set up in "my favorites" and still not finding anything I want to watch. Then, some of the ones I do watch, I have already seen several times.

My problem is I usually like several channels like History, Military, and a couple others, but I am paying for many I just skip over or do not have them in "my favorites". :depressed:

RandyA