IGNORED

Question please?

Bobby Joe

Hello everyone as you can see I am a newbie to this site and have been lurking for some time and enjoying every time I log on.I have a 1999 Venture Royal Star (recent purchase).My question is I received the chrome carb covers with the bike and the PO did'nt explain how they were to be installed.I have looked and looked and don't understand how they go on and I figured someone on here has them on their bike and could post a pic or tell me how to put the things on.Also by reading some of the great info on here I just completed the muffler mod where you take the Dremel and cut the center pipe into,and it sounds real good! Thank you in advance for the info.

Mounting is completely different then what the Baker site shows. I doubt if its for a Venture. You may be able to come up with some type of a clamp to mount it. They do look nice.

Hello everyone as you can see I am a newbie to this site and have been lurking for some time and enjoying every time I log on.I have a 1999 Venture Royal Star (recent purchase).My question is I received the chrome carb covers with the bike and the PO did'nt explain how they were to be installed.I have looked and looked and don't understand how they go on and I figured someone on here has them on their bike and could post a pic or tell me how to put the things on.Also by reading some of the great info on here I just completed the muffler mod where you take the Dremel and cut the center pipe into,and it sounds real good! Thank you in advance for the info.

Since no one is quite sure where they go exactly, is there a way to call or swing by P.O. to get any clarification?

The PO left a little drawn picture and it states "You have to lift up the gas tank and you remove a bolt from the "fake fins" and bolt them there". And I don't understand what the "fake fins" are? And y'all are right, they are pretty chrome.lol. Now this PO has had several other bikes over the years and he could have gotten confused on which bike these went on,thanks for the help.

Edited by Bobby Joe
misspelled word.

The fins on the cylinders are fake, the are just bolted on, you will see three socket head cap screws in each one , if you remove those screws the fins will lift right off.

The bike does not need them for cooling like on an air cooled motor,but do not try to run the bike with out them, because they do hold some coolant drain plugs in place and if you run the motor with out the fins , the drain plugs will pop out and you will lose all of the coolant.

If they indeed will fit in the fake fin's you would have a unique set of knee blockers. It maybe that they will bolt in a position to have them just above the lower cowling effectively blocking the wind.

Or drawing air in during hot weather. If you get them mounted up post some pics of the final fitting.

Larry