IGNORED

Lets go back to where it all began..

cowpuc

This will make you cringe.

Back in the day once a year people tossed out their junk and the county did a curb side pick up.

But I beat them to it. .

What cha talking about willis,

Story of my life but I never stopped, I LOVE dumpster diving n trash pickn...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Back in the day once a year people tossed out their junk and the county did a curb side pick up.

I wasn't around then but they did scrap drives for WWII, going door to door and the like. I'll bet we lost a lot of those old classic motorbikes as well as other collectible metal stuff during those drives. I'm talking about the AJS, Norton, BMW, Excelsior Henderson, Indian, Harley, Enfield, BSA, Triumph, lesser known brands, etc., and a lot of old cars too.

My first was a cushman super eagle, , ,I was 10, , , ,no idea how many miles I put on that thing in the 3 towns around my house, , ,It was a 22 mile triangle around the 3.

After that started on a Yamaha or Suzuki 90 I think, trail type, , ,

Rode all sorts, , even my older brother's Indians and harleys, ,

When I was LEO in Houston, , ,got assigned to motors, , , ,a "Throw me in the briar patch" moment, , I told my Sgt, , , You folks dont know what yuo are doing, , ,paying me to ride when I do it for free, , , Harleys, 1 Kawasaki (rode it about 3 weeks and got rid of it, , ,most uncomfortable I have ever tried to ride), , , , , bought a 1000 Goldwing, and dressed it out as police bike, , vetter fairings, radio, etc, , ,could outrun all except the Kawasaki s.

Have had several Goldwings and love them for long distance riding, , , Couple years ago, I bought an 06 RSTD. I love riding it for a few hours but longer and the seat HURTS,

Wife and I went to Branson on it, , ,on the way back, Patti leaned up and said "You have to get us a more comfortable bike", , , as I always do as she asks, , , , , I said well, , , ,OK, , ,

Bought an 05 Midnight Venture, , LOVE IT ! ! ! !

I do miss the old Super Eagle, , ,:bluesbrother:

Saved my paper route money back when I was a kid and bought a 1957 Sears Allstate Moped,,, that was Pucs first bike.. I still have the frame to it in the basement...

This followed me home yesterday!! Got most of the missing parts to actually build up my old 1st bike!!!

Even has the original 2 speed shifter on the bars WITH the original grips!! I even got er fired up!! Cool eay!:cool10::cool10:

Makes me wonder what all my buddies on Venturerider started on??:stirthepot:

Keep Smilin

Puc

I would love to show you my 1st but, unfortunately what was left of it after a 150 MPH combined impact head on collision fit is 3 paper grocery sacks and has long since been thrown away. I will tell you it was an early 70's model Honda CB 350. Blue and white as I recall.

But I beat them to it. I found an old lawnmower axle and wheels and a 7hp side shaft motor that ran. Also scored an old bike steering head with wheel.

I bolted all that to a sheet of plywood. Had to be direct drive as I did not find a clutch. I put it up on a brick, started it and shoved it off the brick and when the wheels hit Hang on!

I used whoever's bushes to stop it. A while summer of fun. The next year I scored a mini bike frame and did a transfer of things and bought what I thought was a very very expensive clutch.

At 9 years old that thing got me thirty miles from home riding along side the railroad tracks.

LOL. That's just so crazy now. To think back I thought all bthat was OK. LOL.

We mounted one of those motors on to an ironing board one time. We fixed axles and wheels on the base of the legs for our first home made go-kart. It was fast as all dickens in the straight aways but could not turn the least bit without rolling over and over. As I recall that was probably the 1st time a helmet saved my life.

I fell in love with the Honda's when I was in high school. I had several friends that had 50's, 90's and the super 90 was my favorite. After I graduated and spent 1 semester in college, which I found wasnt for me, I bought my first bike, they didnt make the 90's like the super 90 anymore so I bought one of Honda's first dual purpose bike, the SL90. Rode it for 2 years then traded up to a CL350, a great bike, rode that for a couple of years and then went on to the cb350Four, one of the smoothest running bikes I have ever owned. Now look where I ended up, with a Yamaha. I hated them back then, couldnt stand the 2 stroke sound. And these are not the very bike I owned but identical to them.

[ATTACH]79928[/ATTACH][ATTACH]79929[/ATTACH]

I don't have any cool pics of my very first bought and paid for scoot, but it was a 1953 Ariel Square Four. I loved that bike. Rode it everywhere the summer after high school, and the first couple of years of college. 25,000 miles worth. Heard it before I'd actually saw it. Still remember that 4 cylinder Offehauser exhaust lope. Roll on the throttle and all you could hear was that roar and rumble. Bought it for $350 bucks and sold it for $350 four years later..... Wish I had it now.. :(

Ariel Square Four MKII 1000 1958.jpg

Edited by Condor

My first bike was this 1974 Honda CB750, bought new. I thought I was going to dump it before I got out of the dealer's gravel parking lot. The biggest bike I had ever ridden before was a CL350.

BTW, I still have that 750.

Hi Kevin

You still have this Honda, what kind of shape is it in, love it see it!

:worthless:

I started with a 1946 Cushman kinda like the one attached but mine didn't have a sidecar or have a shifter, and was painted 58 Chevy blue. That was in 1960...... yikes 53 years ago:backinmyday:

If anyone knows of a junker one for sale please let me know, I'd like to restore it.

:bowdown: Now THAT is a motorcycle!!!

I don't have any cool pics of my very first bought and paid for scoot, but it was a 1953 Ariel Square Four. I loved that bike. Rode it everywhere the summer after high school, and the first couple of years of college. 25,000 miles worth. Heard it before I'd actually saw it. Still remember that 4 cylinder Offehauser exhaust lope. Roll on the throttle and all you could hear was that roar and rumble. Bought it for $350 bucks and sold it for $350 four years later..... Wish I had it now.. :(

I wish I had it now. I always wanted one after seeing a picture in a magazine.

I don't think I've ever heard one run though.

Hey, Tooch.

Here's a...ahem... more recent picture of the bike and some of my brothers:

Well I can see it must be a little more updated the front fender is now missing. But it can't be too up to date?..........There is way to much hair still on top of that head!:rotf: