IGNORED

How's your bells hanging ?

Eddie

From what I have read , the Gremlin bell should be placed at the most furthest forward on the scoot and hung lowest to the ground as possible , to scoop up the gremlins before they can attach themselves to the scoot . And when the bell rings , it causes the gremlins loose grip and to fall off to a terrible demise before they can do damage to the scoot and rider . That is for the Silver/Pewter Bells . Brass Gremlin bells are for remembrance of fallen riders . Each time you clean the scoot and more importantly the Brass bell , it shows respect towards the fallen .

I have my bell hung nearest the ground , attached to the right front crash bar . Once I find a way , I will attach it to the front axle . My second bell is attached to the tongue of the BEERCART . Lord , as anyones knows , I don't want no damn gremlin drinking my beer ! That beer is reserved for myself and my friends !!!!! :rotf::rotf:

BEER30

i am from the old school , i have my 1st bell , the 1 my wive gave me when we bought the bike hanging from my master cylinder for the front brake and the VR bell hangs from the clutch master cylinder , i use them to call my guardian angel to take care of me and keep me safe before i go riding . monks used to make them for travelers that make risky trips in the south west , the 1st time i heard the story it was a cowboy that was throne from his horse and he was praying for help and ringing his guardian bell and some old desert rats heard him and saved him , when i was in the navy i was told the same story but it was a shipped wrecked sailer .

If you look real close, you can see it just behind the kick stand. I attached it to one of the small holes in the undercarrage.:080402gudl_prv:

Eddie,

On the '99 I had mine attached with a black ziptie on the lower most portion of the crash bar. Thats probably where the next one will go on the next bike :happy34:

I'm afraid that if I put mine on the crash bar or by the kickstand I would drag it off in a turn! :confused24: :biker:

• 4 weeks later...
Ain't no gremlins -- hung mine on a helmet lock. It's at the back and can catch my exhaust as I roll by the cagers and pull them along.

Me too, John.

Couldn't be simpler, could it?

Have attached a foter (very small crop of a much larger photo) to show it in situ.