IGNORED

The next international rally

eusa1

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Easy Rider has stepped up for a WV International. But that makes it tough for the west coast gang. Maybe we should alternate locations ever other year. So who in the west is willing to put together a IR for next year?

Dave, good call on Cortez - I had thought about that place as well. From a lodging standpoint, just from doing an initial "look around town" - they had the EconoLodge and a KOA 1 mile out of town, Denny's / Walmart across the street (can see the martians now - LOL). I didn't get to deep into looking at other possibilities.

If the move if to have the IR "East" for 2014, I would definitely be open to putting together - i.e. hosting - a West Regional Rally next year. Everything will play out over the next month I'm sure, and we can all starting counting down the days to looking forward to planning for fun in 2014!:beer:

One thing that I've learned over the past few years is that, when possible, it is best to ahve a central lodge or hotel that offers dining, drinks, etc. It just seems to go much better and is more fun when as many as possible are staying at the same location. I know that some do like to camp and often the campground is not at the same location but close by is nice.

Folks, I truly believe it would be a good thing to alternate regional locations for international rallies every other year.

If folks would rather come to WV for next years rally, I'm in.

Thanks Gary, any help would be appreciated...

I like it three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having the IR anywhere near Sturgis (say 150 mile radius) for a week or 2 either side of the big Sturgis rally would not be good from my perspective. 1. prices for everything will be way up, and 2. availabilty will be way down. And the roads will be crowded with bikes.

I think Colo would be a good choice for a central location.

Having the IR anywhere near Sturgis (say 150 mile radius) for a week or 2 either side of the big Sturgis rally would not be good from my perspective. 1. prices for everything will be way up, and 2. availabilty will be way down. And the roads will be crowded with bikes.

I think Colo would be a good choice for a central location.

Not to mention the fracking that's going on up there...

Colorado would be a MUCH Better choice, although I love the Mt. Rushmore area...

I will tackle setting up the one for 2014. I am thinking Western Kentucky. Somewhere in the Evansville, Paducah, Bowling Green triangle. Would shoot for 2 week in August. That might give our western members a better chance of making it and the weather in that region is at its best at that time Average high of 90 and average low of 66. This would put it at a 500 to 800 mile ride to get there for most of our members.Lots of lakes and rivers in the area and close to Nashville for a day run.

I will tackle setting up the one for 2014. I am thinking Western Kentucky. Somewhere in the Evansville, Paducah, Bowling Green triangle. Would shoot for 2 week in August. That might give our western members a better chance of making it and the weather in that region is at its best at that time Average high of 90 and average low of 66. This would put it at a 500 to 800 mile ride to get there for most of our members.Lots of lakes and rivers in the area and close to Nashville for a day run.

Has this been confirmed with Don? Is this a go?

Has this been confirmed with Don? Is this a go?

Not confirmed just saying I'll do it and my thoughts. Already found a place in Eddyville KY that can accommodate us with cabins, RV spots and camping spots. They have had other MC meets there as well as other groups. Like I said I will work it if others are ok with it.