IGNORED

I looked at a Bunkhouse camper.

Flyinfool

I was out to look at a Bunkhouse camper last night.

it is a 93 that has only been used 5 or 6 times. Everything on it looks like new. It even has the added "den" room.

It looks to be a great deal asking $1500 and I know he will come down on that.

Unfortunately Is is not in the cards for my budget right now. If anyone here is interested let me know, It has not been advertised anywhere yet but will be soon, it is priced to sell. The seller is someone that I know Locally.

Nylon looks like new.

Tires are 12 inch.

Tires look like new. I did not see any cracking on the tires, but they are 20 years old.

There is a spare and a 4 way wrench included ......:whistling:

Actually the trailer is 13 miles south of me, so it is even closer to Rockford.

If you were to buy it I could help you get the wiring to match your bike. The trailer has a 6 pin round connector on it but is a 5 wire setup. 6th pin is not used.

If anyone is interested let me know quick, he wants to list it on Craig's list to be able to sell before Sturgis.

Edited by Flyinfool

Post some pictures

Check the tires -- replace the if that old

I would check the condition of the screens - Mine is an 05 I have a few patches

Pack the bearing when you buy it

don't think to long if you think it is a good deal

Edited by dave_wells
typo

On another forum it says the bunkhouse comes with this connector:

http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Hopkins/37995.html

Red = Brakes

Brown = Tail lights (running lights) one wire was loose to ground on new set up.

White = Ground (screwed to under tongue, on single self tapping screw - I don't like and will double up contact surface area for this and any open to the weather grounds like the side lights with the same self tapping screws). A larger contact electrical connector with paint ground off trailer or second ground.

Blue = Accessory plug wire wrapped under Left axle area. I covered mine for spare and wire safety.

Green/yellow = Turn signal

Yellow= Turn signal

Brown/yellow Running lights.

isolator or from the to Bunkhouse http://www.rivcoproducts.com/instruc...07_booklet.pdf

Black to white -ground

Green to Red brakes

Orange to - Green/yellow - Left Turn

Blue to yellow - right turn lights

Brown to brown Running lights

Edited by dacheedah

I have both a 4-wire to round & a 5-wire to round, that I use for my truck. Get them at any auto parts store, or maybe Wallyworld. The trailer is 5 wire, so you're gonna need a converter for the bike that goes from 4-5 wire.

Well this one has a round 6 pin connector. One of the 6 pins is not used.

Who knows what a PO did.

The easy options;

1. We can wire the bike with the mating 6 pin connector. (if any local stores have it in stock)

2. We can rewire the trailer to a 4 wire configuration to match your bike. (this might be fastest option)

3. We can put a flat 5 on both the bike and trailer.

The harder option;

Rewire everything to whatever other configuration you really want.

There is a 4 wire to 6 wire adapter available that will get it close to working right.

From what it looks like to me is that it will end up with the amber turn signals on the trailer acting the same as the Brake/turn lights of a 4 wire trailer, and the red lights on the trailer would be running and brake lights. There would be one extra wire to connect on the bike side to pick up the pure brake signal. Tis would at least get him thru the IR and back home to wire everything to his preference.

Or....you could pick up one of those setups with the plug, full harness & 2 taillights, all wired up. Just plug it in & go. I think the lights are usually magnetic. Tow truck drivers use them a lot & so do people pulling vehicles with an RV. Quick fix.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_magnetic-towing-light-kit-reese_22080531-p?searchTerm=towing+lights