IGNORED

Oil question

I am NOT looking to open the endless "which oil is better" discussion....am just wondering if anyone here is using Delo 400LE 15W40? There had been much discussion on the Wing site that I belonged to and I started using it about a year ago in the Wing...was very impressed....shifting was smoother, engine seemed to run quieter and smoother and the oil looked better at oil change time.

Anybody else have any experience with this stuff? Any comments on using it in the RSV?

Thanks

I worked in a big truck shop 5 years

made lots of money off delo motors

it leaves sludge deposits like quakerstate

had one detroit motor i scooped out sludge with a gardeners shovel to get to the injectors:080402gudl_prv::080402gudl_prv:

As long as it doesn't have friction modifiers seems to be the contentious point. The RSV has a wet clutch. Lot of people use Rotella T6.

I just got thru watching this video on youtube and they did drop the 'friction modifiers' term during the presentation. I wonder if I should just stick with Rotella T???

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEaf5ES6Xmg]Shell Rotella T6 Full Synthetic product video - YouTube[/ame]

I've been thinking about Delo but really not sure for the RSV. Rotella has been proven on RSVs so I will stick to this brand and not take a chance. Rotella 15W40 for Spring/Summer and Fall. T5 for winter riding.

Rotella T6 which is the synthetic 5w 40 and also the Dino Rotella 15w 40 are both rated JASO MA the European Standard for Motorcyle Oils for use in Wet Clutch applications. Its on the back of the Jug with all the other applicable ratings. If the Delo is rated JASO MA then it shouldn't harm the wet clutch. If you are interested in detailed info on the Delo or any oil for that mattter I would suggest Bobistheoilguy.com

I don't think I would use HDEO (Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil) in a bike with Oxygen sensors and/or catalytic converters. Its my understanding some of the additives in HDEO may not play nicely with these items over the long term. The RSV has neither so not an issue.

I ran all the 15-40 I could find a couple years ago. Bike shifts best with Rotela, next best were the Mobil and delo brands and the NAPA oil was ok too. But it likes the shell the best. I need a oil change now too. Gonna get the NAPA #ps4933 filter and a jug of R6.