IGNORED

LED rear light bar

I saw this on Ebay and $19 seems like a great price if it would work on our bikes. Anyone with wiring prowess care to weight in on this with some good advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-MADE-TecNiq-Red-HI-Mount-Center-Brake-Turn-ID-Bar-11-LED-Light-Trailer-Truck-/370808925800?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5655ef2e68

Gary:cool10:

I saw this on Ebay and $19 seems like a great price if it would work on our bikes. Anyone with wiring prowess care to weight in on this with some good advice?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-MADE-TecNiq-Red-HI-Mount-Center-Brake-Turn-ID-Bar-11-LED-Light-Trailer-Truck-/370808925800?pt=Motors_RV_Trailer_Camper_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item5655ef2e68

Gary:cool10:

Looks like a lot going on. Personally I'd find a duel intensity that acts as running and a stop light with all the lights on all the time.

That is a great price, the one I bought about 6 years ago did not have the turn signal function and cost $10.00 more than this one, and I have seen them as high as $59.00 on Ebay.

It should fit, and there is tech section on mounting one either here or on the Delphi forum.

If you decide to get it, check out my adds in the member section of the classifeds http://www.venturerider.org/classifieds/showcat.php?cat=35 one of these would help with the install.

I may get one and swap out the one I have.

I have one on my trailer.

I had to make a controller so that it would work correctly as a center brake light.

The adds are a little misleading.

It does not have a true brake light function since there is no brake light wire.

It can be a 3 light running light with brake light OR turn signals, not both.

On most bikes the turn and brake lights are different bulbs. This means that you can choose either turn signal OR brake light operation, not both, unless you add some electronics to mix the functions.

On 4 wire trailers it will only mimic the stop turn lights, OR with some electronics can be center brake light.

Would be nice to fit, but unfortunately it would be illegal in Australia.

Turn indicators can only be amber.

Red for tail lights and brakes of course, and white only for forward facing lights except for turn indicators.

The amber front running lights I see on cars and bikes in US movies make me smile.

Simular to one I bought last year. Min eonly does running lights and brake, and alos only has half as many LED's in it. Thats nice unit and made in USA I think. I bought some marker lights from them and made my reflectors on the forks and baddlebags into run/turn signals. Then added 2 to rear by the bags as additional turn signals.

I have purchased a lot of items from these folks. Always good quality. The prices are reasonable and they ship quickly. My rear stop/running light bar for my 1986 came from here. My purchases span a couple years, so they do have a good track record.

J B

Would be nice to fit, but unfortunately it would be illegal in Australia.

Turn indicators can only be amber.

Red for tail lights and brakes of course, and white only for forward facing lights except for turn indicators.

The amber front running lights I see on cars and bikes in US movies make me smile.

It seems like a very good price when compared to the $70 one someone else put on their bike. If that light bar is something you are interested in putting on your bike the turn signals don't need to be wired in. For example the turn signal lights could be wired in to the tail light as running lights with the rest in between wired to the brake light. There are several wiring configuration options that might suit your needs.

I just received my LED light bar from http://www.ebay.com/itm/USA-MADE-Tec...item5655ef2e68, I replaced my original light bar that only did run and brake with this one now I have run, brake and turn signals in the same bar.

I ran the brake and turn signal inputs thru a series of 4 diodes so I can get both turn and brake functions, much like wiring up a trailer that has four wires off a bike that has 5 wires.

If you are interested I can send you the particulars on what I did to make it work, just post here or PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a basic schematic to make the light bar into a run/brake/turn light bar. With the proper sized diodes this could schematic could also be used to convert a 5 wire system to a 4 wire system for those with trailers that use 4 wire systems.

Here is a basic schematic to make the light bar into a run/brake/turn light bar. With the proper sized diodes this could schematic could also be used to convert a 5 wire system to a 4 wire system for those with trailers that use 4 wire systems.

Don't see the schematic in your post. My 21 led iight bar says it is for brakes and tail only, and is a three wire bar. I have assumed that it is not possible to also wire for signals, but is it?.

The schematic is in the attachment, it is a seperate PDF file that you have to open. You are correct if you only have three wires , run, brake and ground then you cannot use it as a turn indicator. You need to have one like the one in the original post that has two seperate banks one on the left of center and one on the right of center that act as turn indicators when operated individually or as a brake light when operated together.