The Aussies

Aussie Annie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Annie and Al,

Still tracking you pair.

Sounds like you're making some great friends up top.

You be back in time to do your bit to get rid of Rudd the Dud and his mates?

We go to the polls on 7 September.

Stay safe.

Hey Spear, thank you for sharing your friends with us here in the States.. My wife and I FINALLY had the honor of meeting them both at Vogel this year.. What a wonderful time we had!! That loveable Annie even came up with a couple stickers for our bike from your homeland - we are now proudly displaying the flag of your country on the windshield of our bike, plus a signed "I Luv Australia" to boot!! We will send Annie and Al home well fed, a little tired perhaps and FULL of great memories!!

Annie and Al, ride safe out there and thanks for some GREAT times at Vogel!!

Puc and Tippy

Rode from Baton Rouge to Hammond H-D to get a new front tyre on the trike. Missed some more crappy weather while there. Went the long way round to New Orleans.... Covington to Slidell and then over the longest causeway I've ever ridden on. The sunset was just amazing.

Going to do a city bus tour tomorrow, and finish off in the French Quarter. It's predicted to have storms again in the Arvo....... But fingers crossed.

Annie and Al, I have a little bit of indian blood in me and have been doing the old indian sundance for you two since we left Vogel.. Obviously it hasnt helped much so I am asking all our Venturerider friends to join in.. Come on you guys, its easy, while wearing one sock on your left foot, a pair of shorts, no shirt except for ladies, jumping up and down on your sockless right foot you chant - HIYAA - HIIYAA - HEEYAA - HEEYAA - PAINEE - RAINEE - DISAPEERYAAA.. Come on you guys we can do it!! :cool10::cool10::cool10::cool10:

Sooo glad you 2 are not letting this goofy wet weather dampen your spirits and staying sunny and warm on the inside - where it really matters!!

Puc

Just spoke to Annie and Alan...they are in New Orleans enjoying the French Quarter.

Tom told them to make sure they have crawfish and an old fashion steam pot. He thinks he lost Annie...when he told her she has to suck the innards out of the crawfish. Yuk!!!! I'm sure she will enjoy everything they have to offer. She is a good sport that way. Alan too...

Enjoy yourselves you two.....we would love to see pictures. :cool10:

Yesterday we enjoyed a lunch cruise on the paddle steamboat "Natchez" on the Mississippi. Then a stroll around the French Quarter before having some dinner. Alan tried Jambalaya and I had the catfish.

Today we went into town after lunch and got on the tour bus. The whole thing takes 11/2 hours, and we heard all the history of New Orleans. Then we had dinner at " The Gumbo Pot" Alan decided blackened steak was in order, and I had a combination meal of three traditional things: jambalaya, beans & rice, and gumbo. Very yummy! Tried the local bread pudding too (shared with 'Im) The drinkies were yummy too, had several Lynchburg Lemonades :smile5:

The big fella tried the local Bloody Mary.

Then we walked up and down Bourbon Street. Some of the street performers were good.

Sounds like your getting a real good taste of NOLA, almost makes me want to move back home...........enjoy, and before you leave have a good ole New Orleans Po Boy..........you will love it. Its a sandwich made on the local French Bread.

Yesterday we enjoyed a lunch cruise on the paddle steamboat "Natchez" on the Mississippi. Then a stroll around the French Quarter before having some dinner. Alan tried Jambalaya and I had the catfish.

Today we went into town after lunch and got on the tour bus. The whole thing takes 11/2 hours, and we heard all the history of New Orleans. Then we had dinner at " The Gumbo Pot" Alan decided blackened steak was in order, and I had a combination meal of three traditional things: jambalaya, beans & rice, and gumbo. Very yummy! Tried the local bread pudding too (shared with 'Im) The drinkies were yummy too, had several Lynchburg Lemonades :smile5:

Then we walked up and down Bourbon Street. Some of the street performers were good.

Annie.....that sounds wonderful....I may have to put that destination on my bucket list. I say the four of us should do it together. What do you say? :group cheers:

Okay, we rode from N'Orleans to Shreveport today. Got caught in a light storm, but soon dried out.

Alan and I had a Chinese meal for dinner, then decided to have a couple of drinks in the local bar near the hotel.

What a great night :thumbsup2: had me a few White Russian drinks. :smile5: but got to talk to several of the locals and that was fun. Great discussions and lots of laughs :thumbsup2:

Annie,

Where are y'all staying Saturday night? Squidley mentioned you will be in Cleveland, TX. I'm looking to ride in late (supper time or a little later) and would like to get an opportunity to meet you.

Le'me know.

RR

Staying at the Super 8 in Cleveland........ Will be there from Thursday till Monday :big-grin-emoticon:

Look forward to seeing you

Left Tyler,TX and headed for The Motor Trike factory in Troup. They treated us so nice and gave my trike a full inspection, which took a good hour. Gave me a gift too.

Hot riding today! Arrived in Cleveland in the early evening, and went to dinner with Squidley and Sweetnothing. Thanks Brad & Lonna :big-grin-emoticon:

Honored Gunboat today with a great group of Texas Venture Riders. Squidley led the ride, and we enjoyed it, and the company very much. Alan found a piece of wire in his back tire, so rode passenger with me. Later in the afternoon Brad came in with the trailer and loaded the 1st Gen, and we went back to their house. Alan and he then repaired the tire.... And spent time tinkering on the bike. Thanks for a nice day

Our last day with Lonna & Brad. Lonna cooked biscuits and gravy for breakfast Yum!

Santa Hal and his lovely wife Val called by for a visit :big-grin-emoticon: then we ended the day with Gumbo and cheesecake for supper...... Thank you Lonna :clap2:

We have enjoyed our time here in Texas, but now it's time to start the journey back to Utah, to leave Alan's bike. Then on to Portland. Up at 6am.... So night all